Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 17:53   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzman View Post
During my visit to north kerala I was shocked to see so many estilos.
There are hell lot of Estilos in Kerala in all sort of colours, even in PINK.

Somehow the perception in kerala towards estilo was that its a good looking WagonR and this helped push up the sales.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:07   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzman View Post
During my visit to north kerala I was shocked to see so many estilos.
It rains Maruti all over Kerala. Every house in Kerala will have atleast a Maruti(though its changin these days)! Not to mention the first car buyer...

I feel Ritz doesnt sell too many primarily because of its rear end design.
It looks as if a bull dozer set its cannon ball to destroy the car from the back, and suddenly the operator retracted (probably he recieved an emergency call on his cellphone) thus causing the cannon ball to only abraze the car which caused a 'dent' at the rear !

Otherwise I dont see any reason for a Maruti car to sell low in India !!!
Old 24th November 2009, 18:55   #138
BHPian

Ritz is not a hit because, it looks hit from behind.

Old 24th November 2009, 19:46   #139
BHPian

If Ritz is not a success? then which car

Guys especially the ritz bashers could you define the "success" if a car selling 6000+units a month that too within months of its launch.. then which car will you consider as success. If ritz is not a success, i20 is a failure model, punto is a flop, jazz and fabia are utter flop. No car in this world is perfect,ritz too has flaws but its a better bet
Old 24th November 2009, 21:10   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvvictor View Post
Guys especially the ritz bashers could you define the "success" if a car selling 6000+units a month that too within months of its launch.. then which car will you consider as success. If ritz is not a success, i20 is a failure model, punto is a flop, jazz and fabia are utter flop. No car in this world is perfect,ritz too has flaws but its a better bet
We are talking about the diesel Ritz which has been selling in very less numbers compared to its petrol sibling and the swift diesel.

Good to see that thread title has been edited.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:28   #141
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
We are talking about the diesel Ritz which has been selling in very less numbers
I need to be educated on that!... Maybe I've missed the post which said 'this is how I know, Ritz DDiS is selling in very less numbers' Or it's all based on pure speculation!
Old 24th November 2009, 21:49   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I need to be educated on that!... Maybe I've missed the post which said 'this is how I know, Ritz DDiS is selling in very less numbers' Or it's all based on pure speculation!
yes its all pure speculation, no one has actual split figures of petrol diesel sales, which proves diesel is not selling. After reading this thread, it feels like ritz diesel is not selling at all, which is not the case actually. It remains to see what happens when swift would get the k series. From what i have observed on road i see 4 out of 10 ritz are DDIS and 7 out of 10 swift are DDIS.
Old 24th November 2009, 22:04   #143
BHPian

Quote:
The speculation that Ritz DDiS is not selling well is based on the fact that there are lot of discounts (10K cash + free insurance etc) on DDiS and not a single penny on Petrol Ritz. Also, diesel Ritz are readily available for delivery compared to weeks of waiting period for Petrol Ritz.
Old 25th November 2009, 01:00   #144
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I drive a Ritz diesel! and a definitely notice all ritzs around!
Almost 30-40% of all the Ritzs I see are Vdi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitonsam View Post
From what i have observed on road i see 4 out of 10 ritz are DDIS and 7 out of 10 swift are DDIS.
This is an actual fact not a derived speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
The speculation that Ritz DDiS is not selling well is based on the fact that there are lot of discounts (10K cash + free insurance etc) on DDiS and not a single penny on Petrol Ritz. Also, diesel Ritz are readily available for delivery compared to weeks of waiting period for Petrol Ritz.
They probably want people to buy Ritz instead of Swift to balance out the waiting. Swift is a great car, but knowing Indians, one should know how hard it is to make people think outside the stereotype.

For a lot of practical reasons Ritz is better than swift, though swift definitely feels more sporty and slightly better handling.

I've still managed to make a lot of swifts on the road rethink about them being undisputed performance champs of the of the segment!
Old 25th November 2009, 13:08   #145

Ritz Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
My Ritz Vxi is giving 13 KMPL with full AC in Bangalore. Any one owns diesel post the milage figures to find really only the small difference in milage between diesel and petrol is the cause for poor Ritz D sales
Hi shiv, I have a Ritz Diesel with ABS which I picked up in July, I have driven around 6k till now and the mileage in the city in my Ritz is app 17k/ltr and in the highways around 22kms/ltr at speeds of around 120Kms/hr.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:51   #146
BHPian

i have a Ritz VDi and it gives me abt 18KMs in city and 22KMPL in highway..
So far its a good bet.

I think maruthi is focusing more on Ritz to avoid the waiting period of Swift VDi.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:43   #147

I have a Ritz VDI which has done 13k+ kms now. The FE prior to the 3rd service hovered around 15.5 - 16.5 kmpl, with almost 75% AC on in city driving.

Post the 3rd service, FE has been on the rise (partly also due to the winters setting in and no AC needed). The last fill I got done, I got a 18.3 kmpl, with full city driving.

Also, I've spent less than Rs. 2000/- in three services combined, so am fairly happy with the low maintenance cost, high FE, no-nonsense car. Works for me for sure!
Old 25th November 2009, 23:37   #148
BHPian

I have Ritz Vxi, before first service I got around 13kmpl with 80% AC.
After 1st service it has given me 14.8kmpl. 95% of this is in city and in bumper-to-bumper to traffic.
Old 26th November 2009, 09:06   #149
BHPian

Hi Guys,
@ dezpo, eMGee, jvk84, renegade1972
Nobody here is saying that Ritz is not a good vehicle or does not give good FE. The point of discussion is " Why is RITZ DDIS not a hot Selling car?" (thankfully title has been edited)
All this is based on frequent discount advertisements we see in newspapers - and that too only for DDIS.
Old 26th November 2009, 13:52   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Hi Guys,
@ dezpo, eMGee, jvk84, renegade1972
Nobody here is saying that Ritz is not a good vehicle or does not give good FE. The point of discussion is " Why is RITZ DDIS not a hot Selling car?" (thankfully title has been edited)
All this is based on frequent discount advertisements we see in newspapers - and that too only for DDIS.
absolutely, and for the fact that petrol ritz and diesel ritz has a very nearer figures of FE, which petrol ones are booked in larger numbers to diesel, as to which diesel ones are readily available with dealers where as to petrol ones still have waitlist.IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks