Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 23:44   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaUsername View Post
Renault Megane! Anyways, sorry for being
Nope, sorry, but it's still got a forward slope, however slight. Maybe we should start a new thread on this...
Attached Thumbnails
Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-renault_meganel.jpg  

Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-renaultmeganesport2253.jpg  

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 13th November 2009 at 23:50.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:50   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Nope, sorry, but it's still got a forward slope, however slight. Maybe we should start a new thread on this...
So that makes the Ritz '1st car in the world with such a design'. Who knows, maybe MSIL will make a marketing campaign with such a point
Old 14th November 2009, 08:19   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Has anyone seen a car with the incline of its rear windscreen sloping backwards from bottom to top? IMHO the Ritz is the most unique car in that respect.

Actually the rear windscreen has no slope & is straight vertical only the light cluster has an odd design. The elevation & back view is very deceptive. Thats my feeling.
Old 14th November 2009, 08:30   #79
BHPian

I'm amazed it's doing as well as it is, actually! The design of the rear is 'uncommendable', and well, 'uncommentable' as well, according to me. So much so I had to invent two non-existent words to talk about the Ritz!
Old 14th November 2009, 08:47   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Does every Maruti model has to be a hot selling car? Maruti is selling 6K Ritz every month. What more do you want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+1.
Ritz is selling at around 5k-6k units per month. That is a very respectable sales figure! Better than Palio, Punto, and Vista?

The Swift placed just above it does around 8k-9k units per month. The WagonR placed just below it sells around 12k units per month! Even the Estilo sold more than 4k units this month.

As far as i can see- it is a win-win situation for Maruti Suzuki! But yes, Ritz diesel sales have been very low compared to Swift diesel!
Compared to other brands maruti has always done better with every single model except the higher end cars (if i am not mistaken). In india atleast maruti competes with its own models and not with other brands.

What i dont understand is why is everyone behind the Swift and not the Ritz even though the Ritz comes with discounts, shorter delivery period, less emmissions, more colour choices, better seats, more comfortable (from what i have read).

Seriously. I have started getting used to the rear design and think this car would surely be on the list of all small car buyer. Just wanted to know why is the decision still going in favour of a 4 yr old car with tighter suspensions, long waiting periods and no discounts.
Old 14th November 2009, 08:53   #81
BHPian

I thought Ritz petrol is burning the sales chart :o. I've been spotting at least one new Ritz on my way to office. Most of them are petrol versions though.
Old 14th November 2009, 09:21   #82
Senior - BHPian

When will they launch Ritz Emotion and Emotion pack?
Old 14th November 2009, 09:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Actually the rear windscreen has no slope & is straight vertical only the light cluster has an odd design. The elevation & back view is very deceptive. Thats my feeling.
Yes no inward slope at all. Windscreen falls straight down, or maybe it does have a slight outward slope. No inward slope.

Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-3509997892_15e580f09b_o.jpg
Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?-3722765592_d25e50fa74_o.jpg

I would've gone for the Ritz if they had it in market when we purchased the i10 Kappa. Ritz is a slightly larger car and that K engine is more efficient than the Kappa engine. Styling i can live with, i don't think the rear is bad looking. Put in some wider rubber on wheels with a wee bit more negative offset and i think it will look good under that wide flanks. To complete the look lower it a bit
Old 14th November 2009, 09:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

RITZ not selling well???????? I guess that I read somewhere in our forum mentioned that RITZ is doing well or not sure whether I assumed that it made good numbers based on the positive reviews on RITZ by our Mods
Old 14th November 2009, 09:40   #85
Senior - BHPian

It looks like it is designed to place it upright on its back side to save parking space.

Anyone did a PS job to see how Ritz would have looked if it had a good outward slope at the rear? It would be interesting to see one like that.
Old 14th November 2009, 09:45   #86
BHPian

The first one i spotted on road was a zippy silver vdi, which felt like rodent running around. Esp when watched from back.

But then off late i am growing on this design. Heck, even started liking the rear design.

The best bet is, that dark blue colour, with all the rear door and back wind shield put up with dark sun film. And then it looks much better. much much better. And yes, those OEM alloys are min required.

The problem is with maruti, kitting up their cars to bare minimum.

Last edited by gkrishn : 14th November 2009 at 09:46.
Old 14th November 2009, 10:35   #87
BHPian

If I were in the market for a small car, I would definitely consider the Ritz. For me the priorities are the driving experience, and the comfort, both of which are experienced from inside the car, from where you cannot see the outside rear. And if the rear is ugly and irritates other people outside my car, its just a bonus

The real problem for the Ritz is that going by the same logic, competitor's cars like Vista and Punto are very competitive, if not better.
Old 14th November 2009, 10:45   #88
Senior - BHPian

That one car from **** brand selling well is news and one lone car from maruti suzuki not selling well is also news!!!

When two cars priced so close by the same maker, people shift to popular opinion.

Last edited by ramzsys : 14th November 2009 at 10:49.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:05   #89
Senior - BHPian

IMO the main reason the Ritz petrol sells is beacuse of that gem of an gngine it has got. Once the K series unit starts apperaing under the Swift's hood, it's going to be a different ball game altogether.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

Ritz - not a hot selling car??!! What is a hot selling car then?
The Ritz sells more than the Nano, M800, Estilo, Spark,A-star, Getz Prime, Fusion, U-VA, Palio, Fabia, Punto, Jazz, Indigo/Manza, Ambassador, Ikon, Accent, Verna, Linea, Aveo, SX4, Fiesta, Logan and any of the higher segment cars.
It sells almost as much as the i20, City.
Now how does that make it a poor-selling car.
In it's own segment the only cars that sell significantly more are Indica + Vista and Swift.
Smaller cars like i10, wagonR and Alto sell more. Dzire sells more.
I think this is a biased thread!!

Most Viewed