Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:34   #16
BHPian

It is indeed a great compliment to Tata for its successful accomplishment with Vista Aura. With Ritz-Aura announcement MSIL is for sure trying to take the equity Aura built by TATA with vista Aura!

Go TATA Go the Hyundai way to Sue MSIL.

Win the case and get the Damage compensation from MSIL to pass it on to TATA aura customers and aspirants
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:36   #17
BHPian

I feel even the pertol Ritz is not doing that great. I bought Ritz Vxi in Sep'09 from Pratham motors. The dealer initiallied told me 4 weeks time for White colord one, then I told him I am going for Indica Vista. He immeidately called me in the evening and said he will deliver tomorrow If I make full payment. Same had happend with my frined. I think dealers are trying to sell the cars by saying that there is a waiting period.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
I feel even the pertol Ritz is not doing that great. I bought Ritz Vxi in Sep'09 from Pratham motors. The dealer initiallied told me 4 weeks time for White colord one, then I told him I am going for Indica Vista. He immeidately called me in the evening and said he will deliver tomorrow If I make full payment. Same had happend with my frined. I think dealers are trying to sell the cars by saying that there is a waiting period.
I think he should be delivering some one else white car to you ,since you are paying full payment and the other guy might be a an person paying through loan.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvvictor View Post
Guys, are you really serious..ritz is selling 6000+ units every month since its launch.
No doubt. But it's the diesel that's not finding takers. As you can see, even this Aura is for Diesel engined Ritz only.

Exclusive Aura Decal? - This one takes the cake

We should have a separate thread for Stupid marketing claims like these!
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow's news : Tata sues Maruti for using the name Aura.
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvvictor View Post
Enquired with my friend in tamilnadu.. this celebration edition is meant for ahmedabad and mumbai region, he said. Ritz buyers of those regions enjoy. Guys, are you really serious..ritz is selling 6000+ units every month since its launch.
The Ritz may be moving 6K a month, but Maruti would have had certain internal targets to meet and it is fairly obvious they are not meeting it. My guess is that the target would have been closer to 9K a month. 6K a month would have been a mega hit for certain manufacturers, but Maruti operates at a different level.

Thinking out aloud, other than the shape of the back, why isn't the Ritz DDiS moving as much as the Swift DDiS. Is the shape the main reason? Then why are so many Ritz petrols selling?
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:43   #22
BHPian

@skumar:

Recently got the delivery of a Ritz-Zxi (got fed up of waiting for a new petrol engine on Swift).

This is what I learnt after talking to all dealers in BLR (yes, you read it right I spoke every dealer in BLR): Getting ready-stock delivery of Diesel, Lxi or Vxi is trivial (only the Pratham folks were acting smart). Even Vxi+ABS or Vdi+ABS is possible if you are flexible with colors. But, with Zxi there is definitely a waiting period involved.

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:58   #23

A friend of mine working as SE at maruti told me that its hard to sell swift petrol and easy to sell diesel for ritz its the other way round. I asked him why the ritz diesel is not selling well. He explained, when a customer asks about ritz mileage, we usually tell them 17 or 18 with the new k series engine and with diesel around 20 to 21. With difference of hardly 3kmpl the customers opts for petrol instead of shelling out 80k more for the diesel. In case of swift petrol they quote 13kmpl. And for the discounts on ritz diesel, he said its mainly to convert waiting customers of dezire and swift diesel to opt for ritz. God knows whats true.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Tomorrow's news : Tata sues Maruti for using the name Aura.
What i would like to know is if the full name Tata Indica Vista Aura is patented or just Tata Indica Vista and Aura is treated as a variant which is not patented?
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:30   #25
BHPian

The Ritz isn't that bad to look at.

I mean if the Dezire / Original Santro can sell then why not the Ritz.

Its better built, Modern, fresher, and not that common in comparison to the Swift.

Then why?? may be its the Image of the Swift Diesel & Maruti K series engines which is the root cause of the reduced sales of the Ritz Diesel & Swift Petrol.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Celebration of low sale figures of Ritz ?
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:58   #27
H2O
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I'm absolutely sure there is no sheet metal changes in this model. This is just another fake 'limited edition' with some accessories thrown in. The ritz diesel is not selling in good numbers anyways, hence this trick.
You stole my words!!!
How can they market this product as a "Limited Edition" by just adding some body graphics etc.?!?!
Old 3rd November 2009, 02:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Limited Edition and all they have to show for are some stupid "Ritz Aura Decals", Body graphics et al. God! Someone please throw the new Indica Vista Limited edition with all that dark brown roof and all hand stitched leather interiors, Alloys etc at them. Maruti needs to learn how to make a real limited edition vehicle even if you are leaving tech specs untouched. Never thought Tatas will be the ones to teach them that.
Old 3rd November 2009, 03:29   #29
BHPian

Thanks Gilead for raising this question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Other than the shape of the back, why isn't the Ritz DDiS moving as much as the Swift DDiS. Is the shape the main reason? Then why are so many Ritz petrols selling?
I still don’t find an answer.
1. Is Swift DDiS giving a better mileage compared to Ritz DDiS?
2. Are we missing any features in Ritz DDiS?
Could someone shed some light on this please?

I almost decided on Ritz VDI + ABS and now having second thoughts.

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:05   #30

@Paradox, the main reason for Ritz Diesel not selling well is that the K-Series Engine in Ritz Petrol, gives much better mileage compared to the Swift Petrol when compared to Swift DDiS. Since the diesel vehicles cost more, people opt for Ritz Petrol instead of paying premium for the diesel.

It also helps that the K-Series engine is super silent and a joy to drive whereas most people are saying that the MJD in Ritz has become more noisy after being tuned for BS-IV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks