Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:09   #31
BHPian

^^
The answer is given by Digitosnam above.

The FE difference between Swift P & Swift D is phenomenal to say the least. Which justifies the extra initial cost of the D.

However, it seems the Ritz P (with K series engine) is giving a fairly good FE, almost very close to the Diesel.
Hence, one would think twice about paying that extra 70-80k for the Ritz D and choose the economical petrol version.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Thanks Gilead for raising this question.

I still don’t find an answer.
1. Is Swift DDiS giving a better mileage compared to Ritz DDiS?
2. Are we missing any features in Ritz DDiS?
Could someone shed some light on this please?

I almost decided on Ritz VDI + ABS and now having second thoughts.

Thanks in advance
I think the only reason why Ritz diesel is selling less is because of the Potent K series with great mileage at a price of around 70-80K less than the DDis. Since the Ritz is coming with the Bharat 4 DDis, unfortunately for Maruti, they are unable to use the same for Swift and reduce the Swift waiting period. Hence I believe, Maruti is promoting the Diesel Ritz inorder to meet their internal targets
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:31   #33
BHPian

All said and done, the feedback I have got alteast reg. Ritz petrol, is that it is a good car. I think the diesel must not be selling because of the small difference quoted reg. FE.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:44   #34
BHPian

K-Series 1.2 petrol gives around 17-18KMPL (80% AC) on highways around 80 kmph. Where as, Diesel gives around 21-22 KMPL (100% AC) on highways with speed ranges from 120-140 kmph. There is a turbo lag in Diesel when compared to Swift D. You can feel this in 2nd gear. When Swift gets Bharath 4 Diesel engine, it will also behave same as Ritz D.

But, If swift gets Bharath 4 petrol, will the game change??
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:50   #35
BHPian

I can only say this - SHAME ON MSIL

takecare & drive safely
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

^^I'm not sure what you'll call HH then ??
Ritz is selling well, and this is a gimmick to boost some diesel sales, thats it!
I'm not sure if this attempt is going to work though.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:38   #37
BHPian

Ritz diesel is not at all appealing from cost/features perspective.

Ritz Zxi has a 60K price advantage over Ritz VDI plus
- Airbags - 30k
- Integrated audio -15k
-Keyless ENtry - 15k
-rear wash/wiper -8k
-rear de-fogger -15k
-alloy wheels -16k
-wider tyres -6k (difference price)

Thats 60k plus 105k !!!! Why will somebody buy Ritz Diesel[over Ritz Petrol]. Not me for sure.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:49   #38
BHPian

Earlier MSIL added decals to the Estilo and called it A Sproty version, and now a similar treatment to Ritz is called Aura !
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

maruti has never learned how to give limited editions else then some decals,free music players, and claiming it limited edition, also thats so stupid to use aura variant which seems more to confuse people rather then to sell ritz diesel, which unlike is selling like swift.Its true, swift diesel sells more and ritz petrol more.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:10   #40
BHPian

My Ritz Vxi is giving 13 KMPL with full AC in Bangalore. Any one owns diesel post the milage figures to find really only the small difference in milage between diesel and petrol is the cause for poor Ritz D sales
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:22   #41
BHPian

It's well-known that the Ritz diesel is not selling in the numbers they have produced them. Maruti thought Ritz diesel would have the same demand as the Swift D, but people have lapped up the petrol car instead.
I waited almost five weeks for my Zxi, and practically had to claw a car (second choice of colour) from the truck to get it before 30th Sept deadline. If I had hesitated an hour, the car would have gone to another desperate buyer. The pricing on the Zxi makes it a no-brainer choice.
I never drove the Ritz D , just did not consider it based on pricing and features as compared to Zxi (plus my running really does not warrant a diesel).
Even in mid-August dealers in Goa were offering discounts on the Ritz D.
When I last checked, I was getting 14 km/litre with AC on most of the time.

Last edited by filcord : 3rd November 2009 at 15:24.
Old 4th November 2009, 03:21   #42
H2O
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Ritz diesel is not at all appealing from cost/features perspective.

- Airbags - 30k
- Integrated audio -15k
-Keyless ENtry - 15k
-rear wash/wiper -8k
-rear de-fogger -15k
-alloy wheels -16k
-wider tyres -6k (difference price)

Thats 60k plus 105k !!!! Why will somebody buy Ritz Diesel[over Ritz Petrol]. Not me for sure.
From your post, it is quite prudent for a buyer to opt for a Ritz Petrol than the diesel, as the difference if price/feature is very significant.
Old 4th November 2009, 04:43   #43
BHPian

Thanks budmaash, jigbarai, nurni76, funda2max & ownerofazkaban for quick replies.

It’s evident from your posts that Ritz Petrol (with K series engine) is giving a better FE which is relatively close to Ritz Diesel, and that too for less price.

However, if I’m getting a new car, I would also consider the variable cost of filling fuel besides the FE.

Note: Sorry Mods, if this is Off-topic! I’m just trying to find why Ritz Diesel engine is not fast selling, like its petrol version.

My Theory:

We all know how the Petrol price has gone up in the last 5 years; but still Diesel price rise was comparatively less. I’m sure you’ll agree with me that the fuel price may go up again in the next 5 years. (I remember filling 4 litres of Petrol for Rs. 100, but now I just get 2 litres) In this case, is it not better to go for Diesel, than spending more on Petrol in the coming years?

Approximate Diesel Calculation:
43 litres x Rs. 35 = Rs. 1505
Fuel Efficiency: ~APPROX 18 KM (80% city and 20% high-way drive with 100% AC) = 774 KMs
Diesel cost per KM: Rs. 2 (rounded off)

Approximate Petrol Calculation:
43 litres x Rs. 50 = Rs. 2150
Fuel Efficiency: ~APPROX 13 KM (80% city and 20% high-way drive with 100% AC) = 559 KMs
Petrol cost per KM: Rs. 4 (rounded off)

From the above calculation, it appears that we are spending 50% extra every time we refill Petrol.

Are we overlooking the initial cost on getting a Diesel engine by paying 80K+ than spending Rs. 2500+ for filling up 43-litre-tank every time. Is it not a good option to buy a Ritz Diesel for extra 80K than getting Ritz Petrol for less and spending more on refueling?

My theory may be wrong, or I'm missing something!
Please enlighten me with your thoughts ...

Thank you
Old 4th November 2009, 07:41   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Are you sure? The ex-showroom for Zxi is at 4.80 and Vdi ABS is at 5.16 in bangalore. Thats about 36k diff.
Old 4th November 2009, 08:34   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
My Ritz Vxi is giving 13 KMPL with full AC in Bangalore. Any one owns diesel post the milage figures to find really only the small difference in milage between diesel and petrol is the cause for poor Ritz D sales
Our Ritz Vdi has just returned figures of 19 KMPL with AC in Kottayam town driving ( full tank method). Total distance run is in excess of 700 km. As it is in the run in period we have been driving it rather sedately with speeds not going over 60 kmph without ever trying out the turbo boost. We do not have much choice though. People familiar with Kottayam know that it is quite hilly with winding and pot holed - roads where the only sane thing you can do is drive that way....

We had exchanged our 7 year old Ford ikon ( 1.3 iris ) for the Ritz and I was somewhat apprehensive about the refinement, suspension, rattling and gear shift quality. Am pleasantly surprised with the refinement and the gear shift. The biggest satisfaction has been the suspension. Used to have a Wagon R earlier and I used to compare the back seat comfort to that of a bullock cart. The Ritz's suspension is even better than the Fiesta's.

Also night driving in the ikon with its low slung seats and stock head lights is not a great experience. The Ritz head lights with its raised seating position is a great boon. My father in law has an i10 and both us agree that the Ritz's head lights are way superior.

If you ask me I am one truly satisfied customer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks