Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 09:54   #106
BHPian

Bold Decision by Suzuki

I think , it is very Bold decision by Suzuki with boomrang design at back.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:10   #107
BHPian

I have just booked the Swift VDI for my father in spite of the fact it has 1-2 months waiting period. The main reason why i chose swift was that the engine felt far more responsive in the swift then the Ritz, and I dint like the looks
But considering we Indians have made similar comments about Zen and Wagon R when they first launched, I think its just a matter of time before the Ritz sales picks up.
Old 20th November 2009, 20:49   #108
BHPian

Ritz really doing good

Guys,do understand ritz sells really well amidst the competition not just from outside but from its sibling too. When swift was launched there were no cars to compete with it. From Maruti's perspective, its good to see both swift and ritz doing 6000+ and 10000+ numbers in a segment which two years before non existent. Swift is a matured product and ritz is relatively new and sales is very good for a newbie..Do remember Ritz sells more than i20,jazz,punto,fabia...the topic has to be otherwise why jazz/punto/fabia is not selling well..
Old 20th November 2009, 21:04   #109
BHPian

The Ritz petrol sells in very respectable numbers. The topic of the thread is in itself flawed, it would have made sense to create one on the Punto/Fabia or atleast Ritz diesel. And there is no rule as such that every Suzuki car should sell 10000+ to be considered a success.

Actually there's nothing wrong with the rear-end when you see the car in real life. Every month there are 5000 odd guys out there who actually buy this car and they don't have a problem with it.

Last edited by harishnair : 20th November 2009 at 21:09.
Old 20th November 2009, 21:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
The topic of the thread is in itself flawed, it would have made sense to create one on the Punto/Fabia or atleast Ritz diesel.
Actually, the thread was started with Ritz Diesel & discount offered by Maruti to attract more diesel customers.
Old 21st November 2009, 14:28   #111
BHPian

Maruti has introduced confusion in the market and are paying for their own ambigous stance.

First on looks - when Swift was launched, even it was initially not accepted very quickly. But over the period of time people started liking its different looks.
MSIL have done same thing with Ritz. They have tried a different looks.

But why is Ritz not able to make a dent like Swift did...
Ritz overlaps in cost with Swift. With some 10-20k difference model by model with Swift, it is but natural for potemtial customers to compare the two and choose swift as its looks are widely accepted.
Add to it the feature comparison.

After launch of Ritz, it was expected that Swift will be upgraded to compete with likes of premium hatches like Fabia, Jazz etc. But that did not happen.
On the contrary MSIL allowed canabalization of ritz-swift sales.

Another point - when Ritz was launched, MSIL made a statement that the profit margins on Ritz were higher. Guess to stabilize sales, they should lower prices of Ritz and make it compete with likes of i10.
At the same time, they must consider upgrading swift very seriously and swiftly.
Old 21st November 2009, 17:11   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rove_drives View Post
Maruti has introduced confusion in the market and are paying for their own ambigous stance.
Before Ritz launch:
Maruti sold around 9000 Swifts per month. (Average Jan to April sales).

After Ritz launch:
During May to October, Ritz and Swift together sold at an average of 14,500! Thats around 75% increase in sales in the segment for MSIL!

Moreover, after the introduction of Ritz, Swift has sold average of 8500 cars per month, while Ritz has sold at an average of 6000 cars per month. Clearly, Swift sales figures remain intact even after Ritz launch.

Only confusion seems to be in this thread, IMHO!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st November 2009 at 17:26.
Old 21st November 2009, 17:49   #113
BHPian

I agree with Crazy Driver's comment above, and many others who have said that Ritz is doing good. GTO's sales report says that there are around 6000 plus Ritz being sold every month. Thats far beyond Vista, Punto,Jazz,i20, Fabia, and several other cars. 6000 is I think a very good figure for a car that is just 6 months old.
I think Ritz is definitely a hit, inspite of the infamous rear looks (which I like and is funky & different), and I am gonna book one (my first car) in Feb next yr.
Old 21st November 2009, 20:00   #114
Senior - BHPian

an excellent post!

Yes whether its swift or ritz, maruti have infact increased their market share by more than 50% (on an average over several months now)! Thats quite incredible for them.

One can also ask how did Swift fare in its first year of launch?

Last edited by joslicx : 21st November 2009 at 20:06.
Old 21st November 2009, 20:26   #115
PCS
BHPian

I Agree To Everyone

Ritz Is Not A Failure !!!

Ritz Doing 6000 No.s Is Not A Joke

No Other Company Can Hold A Candle To Maruti Suzuki When It Comes To Product Positioning Of Small Cars
Old 21st November 2009, 22:36   #116
~~h
BHPian

Does any of see a chance of Ritz Diesel being discontinued ? With suzuki engine being the prefered choice around,they could even get away with the DDiS at least for Ritz.
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:24   #117
BHPian

If i can see the monthly progress of Ritz, it is definitely on a decline and i feel it will settle somewhere around 2000 mark. It has created a same initial euphoria like SX4 but gradually on a decline. I wonder what exactly suzuki is trying to do with such products, whether they introduced ritz to eat up the competetion or they are trying to find a better replacement for swift. For me in both the sense they have failed because with the introduction of A-Star and Ritz they have openly shown to competetion that they are fast running out of designs in their shelf. Adding to that, the not so impressive effort with the New Estilo is dragging them into mud. Barring their old horses swift and alto they are gradually getting out of date with competetion. Time to pull up their socks.
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:35   #118
BHPian

I don't think TATA will be unhappy with any of these naming games. I think they very well know that "imitation is the best form of flattery".
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:28   #119
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
Does any of see a chance of Ritz Diesel being discontinued ? With suzuki engine being the prefered choice around,they could even get away with the DDiS at least for Ritz.
I drive a Ritz diesel! and a definitely notice all ritzs around!
Almost 30-40% of all the Ritzs I see are Vdi.

I get 20km/l now-a-days between Delhi-Gurgaon.

4 Months, and I've recovered more than 15k.. from fuel cost.

Last edited by SLK : 22nd November 2009 at 12:30.
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:39   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya_Ramesh View Post
If i can see the monthly progress of Ritz, it is definitely on a decline and i feel it will settle somewhere around 2000 mark.
I do not see that happening. Sales of ritz may stagnate around 3500-4000 mark but 2000 is very low. Another reason of low ritz diesel sales may be that some people find the swift E-III engine more responsive compared to ritz E-IV although i dont know for sure as I have not tried it myself. Swift would get that engine in next 3 months. If that is one of the reasons then also may be ritz sales diesel get a little push with same engine in both the cars. Also people will get used to its ugly looks in some time as otherwise it is a good car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks