Team-BHP - Cadillac in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cadillac in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6962-cadillac-india.html)

Hi guys,
read an article in the Times of India today that GM is planning to sell Cadillac cars in the Indian market also they are planning to release the H2 Hummer with a base price of 22.5 lakhs.
My question is will this hummer be the same as the one in europe or will it be detuned for better efficiency?
Also,Cadillac is a relatively unknown brand in India and as such will it be able to establish itself especially now that BMW and Audi have entered into the market.

as far as my knowledge goes its not the h2 thats coming to india..its the h3 hummer with a price tag of 30 laks(approx)...the plans are yet to be finalised so lets just wait and watch..

the H2 like mclaren said will not happen in 22 lakhs ...
the H3 may be a possibility, its tagged at 35k USD ...personally i didnt like it ..looks too sober to wear the Hummer badge ..

Quote:

Cadillac is a relatively unknown brand in India and as such will it be able to establish itself especially now that BMW and Audi have entered into the market.
says who dude ? as a kid i think i heard the name "Caddy" before the Beemer ..

hope they out the CTS and the Deville with the V8 Northstar, woohooo !

Probably, we could have added a poll here as to how many TBHPians think that the Hummer and Cadillac would succeed in India..

IMHO, those vehicles are outdated (period). Besides, where is the place to park those vehicles and where are the roads to drive them.. Those heavy vehicles would cause traffic jams and block the free movements of other vehicles and pedastrians.. Not to mention the liters/km of fuel they would consume..

I have no doubt about the superior build quality of the Hummer and the classical designs of the cadillac.. But their engines are crap in todays world..

Its time for GM to move on, instead of living in the past.. Take some cue from Toyota and bring in some really good products in the Indian market..

Quote:

Originally Posted by man23ish
Not to mention the liters/km of fuel they would consume..

Nope, its not a typo.. I mean liters/km..

Quote:

But their engines are crap in todays world..
ohh that is so not true ..
driven the 1995 STS owned by my friend ...the northstar v8 is a torque monster man ..drove her on the highways too ..they are lovely machines..
they are famous for those V8s man!
btw the northstar v8 is a very popular engine for modders when it comes to engine swapping ...

even the SRX coming up with an upgraded VVT northstar v8...

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
ohh that is so not true ..
driven the 1995 STS owned by my friend ...the northstar v8 is a torque monster man ..drove her on the highways too ..they are lovely machines..
they are famous for those V8s man!
btw the northstar v8 is a very popular engine for modders when it comes to engine swapping ...

even the SRX coming up with an upgraded VVT northstar v8...

I agree, the caddy DOHC 32V v8's are worldclass engines.

I have seen a H2 Hummer in India ... Gurgaon to be precise ... yellow color ... Although I have been to the Us and seen it a lot of Humvies.... seeing it over here with all the relatively smaller cars was a totally mind boggling experience ....IT IS BIG ....

About the practicality part ...well, it was in front of me ..its owner trying to park it in one of the basement parkings .... and did it have a tough time ? It was almost impossible to park that Monster anywhere .... Indian parking , road , lanes are just not ready for this ....

I dont think anyone would like to buy a headache fo 30 L ....until and unless its absolutely neccessary ...

Since cadillac will come through GM it will have a full backing in terms of serivcing and parts.
As such,will they service the older genrations as well?If so does anyone know where the service centre will be located?

What an old thread, but this is a brand that always has people drooling. But for all that Lowell Paddock said (see link), the most telling statement is that he feels the brand can only successfully come to India once it has made it big in European right-hand-drive markets.

Please see the following for the news article: -

http://www.telegraphindia.com/112102...p#.UI5gemcpMQ4