Team-BHP - You may loose your ALTO in Split second
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   You may loose your ALTO in Split second (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6979-you-may-loose-your-alto-split-second-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasopi
And about being hilarious..when there is an issue with a design..guys tend to hide it by being hilarious & bad jokes lol:

Dear Hasopi, relax man! What happened to your sense of humour? :) Probably most of people on this forum know that I own and love my Fiat. It was light hearted humour from Tsk1979 and should be taken that way. Nothing serious!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
Dear Hasopi, relax man! What happened to your sense of humour? :) Probably most of people on this forum know that I own and love my Fiat. It was light hearted humour from Tsk1979 and should be taken that way. Nothing serious!

It was not towards..you.I just quoted your words...Sorry for that :)

really suprising that I got very few comments on a design flaw in an ALTO.

Or is it like we should criticize only FIAT! :)

If thieves take away an ALTO..then where is resale coming into picture!.. (no offence intended)

but alto does not have a rear quarter glass?
MUL did away with the Fuel lid lock in the Alto with a toggle lever inside the car...that was one of the most popuar ways of cracking a maruti..

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
but alto does not have a rear quarter glass?
MUL did away with the Fuel lid lock in the Alto with a toggle lever inside the car...that was one of the most popuar ways of cracking a maruti..

I did not refer to quarter glass in my first post!

New Alto's & previous Zen, current M800..rear back glass..thats a simple glass with rubber beading where any kid with small rope can remove it within a second!..

if palios sold like hot cakes ..i am sure there would be quite a few ways of stealing one easily..

...2 of friends can open each others OHC with their own keys, 1 key opens 2 hondas! so much for a 8.5lakh car..

Quote:

if palios sold like hot cakes ..i am sure there would be quite a few ways of stealing one easily..

...2 of friends can open each others OHC with eachother keys sos much for a 8.5lakh car..

It does not answer my concern!

May be a guy is needed to open ...not a kid in Palio or OHC! :)

I can appreciate that effort to steal then..but this.. simple rope..

Please dont get me wrong but I fail to understand your post, I was expecting that the thread will have some issues of Alto but the entire post read about your old Zen, its diff color in engine bay(I thought its a know practice) & then bashing MUL for cost cuttings & at the end two lines in bold stating Alto can be stolen easily :confused:

Ok now coming to the issue, i believe this quality existed even in the not so old zens & M800s(I mean there are lots of such cars running on roads). So the concern is valid for them as well, why just the Alto ?? Also AFAIK most of car's rubber seals arent stickered with any glue, correct me if am wrong.

sorry..if you were at my end..you would know how hard is to think that your car was about to be stolen..for no reason of my own. ( I had a higher end Autocop on my Zen)

Yes..the problem existed in old zens & M800s & even OLD Altos also..

But now then MUL has given a fresh look to its Alto.instead of putting a clear back lens or new front grill..why dint they do that..like they did for new Zen..thats my question buddy :-)

Ok got it now :-)

Even my dad owns an Alto. & even though we have a security system in place it doesnt have any security for back glass :-(

But my friend people here get fooled easily by cosmetics than these really worthy addons may not you & me but there are a plenty who do :(

come on!!...
if someone can take of the complete rear glass, he can also break your rear glass and get in (and this is not uncommon).
If you are thinking about your shock sensers!... forget it... by the time u get to your car he would have already done his work.

I have an alto... for 3 years now..... unfortunately it has not got stollen till now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK
I have an alto... for 3 years now..... unfortunately it has not got stollen till now.

So which car do you want? LOL

Quote:

sorry..if you were at my end..you would know how hard is to think that your car was about to be stolen..for no reason of my own. ( I had a higher end Autocop on my Zen)
hey man ,i truely know the feeling of your own car getting stolen..been their (M800).
We bought an Alto for mom..high end autocop et all .
But dude when your aware of such a flaw in security, you should stick to practicality and install something called a Gear Lock.
No point complaining about ropes and rear glasses and how secure FIAT is.

Quote:

hey man ,i truely know the feeling of your own car getting stolen..been their (M800).
We bought an Alto for mom..high end autocop et all .
But dude when your aware of such a flaw in security, you should stick to practicality and install something called a Gear Lock.
No point complaining about ropes and rear glasses and how secure FIAT is.

yes ..very true..I am now aware..but learnt in a hard way...In my case thieves wanted my Zen ..not the stereo inside it..

So naturally they will not break glass..as when they drive away..its very easy to arouse suspicion to a Police Patrol (then its their bad luck lol: ) if they have a broken glass .

So they had carefully removed the back glass..& put it in the back seat to fix it without any fuss after driving away say a few km. So its just like inviting thieves to take away car with minimum effort & to get quick money.

I still doubt ..all of those who buy a car can invest a higher end Autocop or such stuffs?

i am sure people realise that its really worth spending 2000 rupees to secure an asset worth 3 lakhs.. hence the question of affordability does not arise..