Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2005, 09:48   #1
BANNED

You may loose your ALTO in Split second

Well.. first let me share my experience which we had after buying a Zen (previous model..its still with us). Prior to this we bought the Tangerine Mist Palio

My father took the delivery of the car, its a cool silver colour one & LX.

After one week when I went to my native, I just had a look at car..it looked very cool..good colour.

I just wanted to see what inside the bonnet? To my surprise, the engine bay was painted white instead of silver (body colour). Prior to this we never saw Zen's powerhouse.

We got a doubt whether the local Maruti dealer has painted it silver from white one since we demanded for that colour. We had a look at Palio's bonnet also..it was painted with same orange colour..we got a serious doubt then.

Called up Maruti helpline, & found that its like that for every Maruti..I felt very confused why they do this? Why cant they paint engine bay with same body colour? I think its all about cost custting!!

Cost cutting ..every where..because of that we could have lost our investment..Now thats the story for which this thread is there.................

My Sis is now using Zen...while she got a transfer to a distant place, she took a rented house at that place. She stayed in fist floor of a house. By that time Zen had Autocop XS with Shock sensors & all those stuff.

In one weekend, my father, mother visited her..my father atleast make it a point to check whether car is locked before going to bed.

At around 2am, they heard a car alarm going off...father got a doubt something is wrong..got up & when he had a glance though the window..our dear Zen was on the road!!..now that was a car..put in a car porch..with shock sensor activated & Gate locked..

He jumped out, saw four A*** H** running away.

Now let me tell how they fooled the shock sensor...We all know how the previous Zen's back glass was fitted..it was with a plain rubber beeding with no pasting..any small boy can remove it with a small rope..(should see how sun control guys remove that glass)
Also Autocop guys dont fit any sensor near the back glass. So after removing the back glass, they sneaked inside the car without shaking it..& cut open remote locking system using very small, hacksaw. Disabled it..then removed steering lock assembly..then they were able to push the car outside the gate.

Now thats what I call Gods Grace..while trying to short the ignition wires to crank the engine..burglar alarm..went off..& we got our Zen back..this incident happened 1 year back.

Now..previous Alto also had similar back glass with a rubber beading..(same cost cutting funda). But Maruti could have replaced Alto's back glass like that of new Zen, Palio etc..when its given a new look.

Since they haven't done so..I really get a very bad feeling..Maruti is worried about volume of sales..not worried about the value of hard earned money which each one of us uses to buy a car.

What happens if a new Alto is stolen on the next day of purchase because of a flaw in their design? Will they pay back? Alteast in INDIA you cannot even think of it..
Old 8th August 2005, 10:18   #2
BANNED

even though Premier padmini was a design of 60's..its front & back glass are so tough to remove..even though its with a rubber beeding..my mechanic gets a red face, when I ask him to remove the back glass of my oldie FIAT & put a new one..to get rid of scratches..its waste of time for them..for the same time they can replace 100 Alto glasses!!
Old 8th August 2005, 10:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quality assurance dept of every manufacturer needs to spend some time with TEAM-BHP. They can pick valuable suggestions from this site (according to them) and implement it with their own check and balance.

Feedbacks from the actual user are the best way to improve any products. Why not they use it, when they get it at free of cost. May be their only expense is the time their guy spends on this site.
Old 8th August 2005, 12:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

thats why man invented the GEAR LOCK !!
Old 8th August 2005, 12:48   #5
BANNED

Only just 2 replies! What if I had posted something bad about a FIAT :-)
Old 8th August 2005, 12:57   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

But you do get a grill for the rear quarter glass. Earlier most of the maruti cars had it on them as in the owner would do it in the interest of safety. Even we had it in our 800. You can still fix the rear quarter glass grill..costs a few 100bucks.
Old 8th August 2005, 13:05   #7
BANNED

Grill for full back glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
But you do get a grill for the rear quarter glass. Earlier most of the maruti cars had it on them as in the owner would do it in the interest of safety. Even we had it in our 800. You can still fix the rear quarter glass grill..costs a few 100bucks.

I am not refering to grill for quarter glass..its a rear full glass..What if we put a Grill on the back glass of a new Alto..does that look funny..we pay nearly 2.8 lacs & put a cheap 250 rs grill on it..

Why cant Maruti do a better design..thats my question here? or are they promoting theft so that resale value of Alto is increased?

Last edited by hasopi : 8th August 2005 at 13:07. Reason: info
Old 8th August 2005, 13:10   #8
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Whoa ! I thought you meant the rear quarter glass. Yep, in that case cost cutting it is !
Old 8th August 2005, 13:19   #9
BANNED

Fiats dont have a quarter glass!

Has anyone noticed it..Palio does not have a quarter glass where as an Indica, SWIFT, SANTRO, ZEN, WAGON R, GETZ have it.

Hence rear window glass of a Palio cannot be rolled down completely..as that wider glass will hit rear wheel arch where as Indica's can be since it has a quarter glass.

So why did FIAT live away with quarter glass? its just to PREVENT THEFT..since quarter glass is the most vulnerable part..(as per my dealer)

Now see how much thinking goes before making a FIAT car

Last edited by hasopi : 8th August 2005 at 13:27. Reason: info
Old 8th August 2005, 14:33   #10
Team-BHP Support

huh, where did you get an indica with a quarter glass?
http://www.allcarpictures.com/pictur...-indica-v2.jpg
Look at the pic above you will see that the "quarter glass" you mention is part of the door and not a quarter glass in the maruti sense.
As for fiat i assume their next car would be without doors and glass so it cant be stolen at all .
Anyways maruti is known for making plastic low quality cars. Palio is a good car nobody hear doubts that, all people crib about is the pathetic ASS, which i have heard is improving. And i have absolutely no idea how did FIAT come into this Alto thread

Last edited by tsk1979 : 8th August 2005 at 14:40.
Old 8th August 2005, 14:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
As for fiat i assume their next car would be without doors and glass so it cant be stolen at all
That one is hilarious
Old 8th August 2005, 14:48   #12
BANNED

Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
That one is hilarious
If in a FIAT thread..Suzuki or Hyundai can be there..then why not here?

And about being hilarious..when there is an issue with a design..guys tend to hide it by being hilarious & bad jokes

Last edited by hasopi : 8th August 2005 at 14:58.
Old 8th August 2005, 14:49   #13
BANNED

Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
That one is hilarious
If in a FIAT thread..Suzuki or Hyundai can be there..then why not here?

And a "glass piece with beeding" be it in door or frame..its the easiest one to remove.

Last edited by hasopi : 8th August 2005 at 14:56.
Old 8th August 2005, 14:59   #14
BHPian

with this thread i remembered a incident wherein we lost our car stereos, two in span of three months. it was in 1999, we had bought our new m800 in nov 1998 and had installed a nice pioneer deck. there began spate of robberies in our area. in august 1999 one fine morning we found our stereo panel and speakers missing. we onley had the inner protion left. we were wondering how coulod they have stolen it as there were no signs of breaking of the lock. we left for the office when it started raining heavily. this is when we realised where the stereo was taken away from. they had opened the windsheild glass as water started guzzling from the beading.

second time it was the quarter panel glass that they had managed to break and this time it cost us the whole assembly. we had to replace the quarter panel glass as they had broken it.

we then bought a removable stereo which i used till last 6 months.

manufacturers's cost cutting cuts throught our pockets most of the times.

shubbhi
Old 8th August 2005, 15:01   #15
BANNED

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
manufacturers's cost cutting cuts throught our pockets most of the times.

shubbhi

Atleast if we understand it..its better..we must know what we are getting for what we pay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks