Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:13   #46
BHPian

Nice!

Drove down from Pune to see it, son really enjoyed it...
Was looking fwd to see the Jag and the Lambo and they were absolutely marvellous! Took loads of pics but Dippy has already uploaded everything so...

Though after it all when I asked my son which car he liked the BEST he said "the blue i20" . Apart from that his other favourites were the modded Nano from DC and the Lambo...
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:29   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Dippy, very nice coverage, pictures & report. I am sure after reading your report one can get a feel of what was happening there.

Must say that though Mumbai folks are say that it was not upto the mark in some parameters but it is zillion times better than the horrible auto shows that get done in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Pictures from the 4x4 track. The Getaway doing its thing

Attachment 231611

Attachment 231612

Attachment 231613

and a Scorpio too

Attachment 231610
Couldn't stop laughing. Where is the 4x4 track here? All this can be done in a Nano itself.

What was Mahindra smoking when they put up this 4x4 track
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't stop laughing. Where is the 4x4 track here? All this can be done in a Nano itself.

What was Mahindra smoking when they put up this 4x4 track
I had seen the same 4*4 track 2 years back too. No change in it!!

Dippy Great coverage man

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd November 2009 at 11:30. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:14   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Dips,

Thats an amazing coverage of the ACI show! One of the best reviews, in fact.
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:42   #50
BHPian

Disappointment

Compared to the show i have seen for past 2 years this one was a major disappointment with respect to the participating companies and also the wheels on display, Just 3 bikes. what were they thinking. No BMW, no Audi, No Maruti, No TATA, No Bentleys, No nothing. Really disappointed. I saw Mr. Sorabjee who looked quite cheerful though.
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:41   #51
BHPian

Great pics Dippy. The 911 carrera S was fabulous! It was up for sale in Bombay showroom, guess it hasn't been sold yet.
The Porsche and the Lambo were the heart of the show IMO.
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Great pics Dippy. The 911 carrera S was fabulous! It was up for sale in Bombay showroom, guess it hasn't been sold yet.
The Porsche and the Lambo were the heart of the show IMO.
Thanks Dante. Yes the 911 was for sale at the showroom. Its sold now and belongs to a dear friend of mine. The Porsche and Lambo were good but the Jaguar XKR took the cake. What an exhaust note !!
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:56   #53
BHPian

So you heard her start up?! Now thats worth a visit.
Ok so it's sold to your friend! Seems like your friend already has a Supercar club of India membership.
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

the autocar show was a big disappointment for me.

what was interesting was-

1) the jaguar.
2) mahindra gio & bolero attitude.

3) i finally met dippy. (he had waved to my scorpio with the LTD sticker a month back, when i was not present in the car & got a confused look from my driver!). i heard he is around & went searching for him! felt nice meeting you buddy.
4) meeting manish who was driving the getaway in the 4x4 track was a great experience. thanks a lot buddy. the way you explained things, its etched in my brain now!

5) wanted to meet GTO, but dint find him anywhere!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 22nd November 2009 at 20:35.
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Ok so it's sold to your friend! Seems like your friend already has a Supercar club of India membership.
Strangley he does not qualify as a member. Remember the rule. Its has to be above 400 horses and should cost Rs 1 crore plus. The car is bought third hand and for less and also it is 380 odd horses . I am sure he will wiggle his way in.
, 4th of January is the super car club run in Bombay. Two T-BHPIAN cars will be there.
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the autocar show was a big disappointment for me.

3) i finally met dippy. (he had waved to my scorpio with the LTD sticker a month back, when i was not present in the car & got a confused look from my driver!). i heard he is around & went searching for him! felt nice meeting you buddy.
4) meeting manish who was driving the getaway in the 4x4 track was a great experience. thanks a lot buddy. the way you explained things, its etched in my brain now!

5) wanted to meet GTO, but dint find him anywhere!
I told you that Dippy was around raj . I am a newbie here and no one knows me.So I went along with raj to meet Dippy.(I clicked a pic of the Jaguar XK R and even Dippy is in the frame.Can i upload the pic?).

Manish is an awesome guy.Explained me everything about the Scorpio Getaway, even cleared all my doubts about the 4x4 system.

Even met Aditya on friday at the expo.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Dippy, That was a great insight of ACI show. Woow Love the pics & feels likes I'm there watching live. A great effort. Thanks ji.
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:59   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Simply mind-blowing report, Dippy! I respect your attention to detail. Thanks for covering the ACI show inside out, such that people from even other towns & cities don't feel like they missed out at all. *Clicks 5 star thread rating*

I personally think that the ACI effort is commendable. This is the only show of its kind in Mumbai, and pretty much the best car expo from Western India. Lots of eye-candy and drool-maal to last an entire day. I can't think of any alternative where one could see so many cars (including exotic / premium nameplates) all under one roof in Bombay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
wanted to meet GTO, but dint find him anywhere!
I wanted to make it yesterday, but a torque monster showed up . Just had to take her out on the expressway!
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

The show wasn't as big as last year. JBL's presence was missed, but despite that the crowds were there over the weekend. And yes the Mahindra 4x4 experience was the most fun part.

Towards the end of Sunday, one group waited for 45mins just for the Mahindra Legend (incidently the Legend was the only one capable of doing the extremely wet and mucky ramp on road tyres). All in all the last four days were a lot of fun even if tiring.

Drifter
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:56   #60
BHPian

The show seems to have been hit by the recession, even though media reports say that luxury car sales have not been hit....hardly any performance cars...More of an accessories show it seems.

The art stall by Rohan Coelho looks quite interesting....thanks for the pics!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks