Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 15:32   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Rolls royce ghost bombay launch is on friday the 4th of december 2009.
Old 4th December 2009, 09:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sneek Peek

Got a small sneek peek of the ghost last night. Along with the Phantom.

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-img00281.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-img00280.jpg
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2009, 11:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Rolls Royce Ghost launch pictures

The Rolls Royce Ghost was launched in Mumbai at the Grand Hyatt yesterday. I went there to have a look post the Beetle launch.

6.6 liter twin turbo V12
563 BHP
0-100 in 4.9 secs

Price: Starting at 2.5 crore (Ex showroom Delhi)

Some pictures of the Ghost clicked by Fireblader85

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-launch.jpg

The Spirit of Ecstasy

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostlady.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostlady2.jpg

The Rolls Royce Ghost

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghost.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghost1.jpg

Name:  ghost2.jpg
Views: 3190
Size:  87.2 KB

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostfront34.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostfront.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostheadlight.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostrear.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghosttaillight.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostwheel.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostdash.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-ghostconsole.jpg

Last edited by Dippy : 5th December 2009 at 11:11.
Dippy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2009, 12:41   #34
BHPian

@ dippy & fireblader85: Lovely pics.

The car looks, well, imposing is all that comes to mind! The length seems quite terrific too. Did either of you checkout the little umbrella holder in the door?

Not to diss on a car costing 2.5 crores (and an RR at that) but the headlamps looked a wee bit on the tiny side compared to the massive front - personal opinion.
Old 5th December 2009, 13:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

In addition to the Ghost there was also a Drop Head Coupe and a Phantom sharing the same stage.

Some pics

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dhclady.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dhcprofile.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dhcfront.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dhcheadlight.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dhctail.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dhcdash.jpg

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dhcheadrest.jpg

And a shot of the LWB Phantom

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-phantom.jpg
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2009, 14:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Breath taking pics.Its a true delight to watch these pics.
Old 5th December 2009, 14:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Rr Ghost Customer

Dont know if its relevant to post this article here. i found this while surfing on some random news sites

Ghost rider

One of the first owners of the just-launched Rolls-Royce Ghost tells us why his new set of wheels are perfect.

Varun Jain, 26, owns a Lamborghini, a Bentley and an Audi Q7. And, he is one of the first in India to book the latest offering from the Rolls-Royce stable, the Ghost. Also known as the Baby Rolls, the car will hit Indian roads in January with a base price of Rs2.5 crore. Though positioned as the less flashy Phantom, the Ghost comes with all the flourishes that the car maker is famous for—brollies on the doors, upright monograms on the wheels, etc. Jain tells Lounge why he is charmed by the Ghost.

Why did you choose the Ghost over other luxury cars such as the Bentley?

I already have a Bentley. Rolls-Royce is one of the best cars you can buy and this would be my first Rolls. I didn’t want to buy the Phantom because it was too big. Ghost is not only a smaller car but it is also younger-looking. It’s more comfortable and is meant to be driven by the owner. I won’t look like a driver if I drive the car myself.

When did you first see the car?

first read about it on the websites Worldcarfans and Worldcarfans. This was about three years ago. The buzz that Rolls is coming out with what was being referred to as a Baby Rolls has been around for that long now. I booked it even before it was launched. I saw the first pictures of the car when a spy picture was leaked on the Internet. This was about 15 or 20 days after I had booked the car. Then, last November, Rolls-Royce took us (my father and I) to Singapore for the launch. That was when I first saw the car.

What did you think when you saw it?

It was perfect. I was convinced that I had made the right choice.
What are your favourite features? Oh, lots of them. Like the fact that the angel on the hood can be retracted. The lighting technology on the car is excellent—it has adaptive headlights, the lights move with the car as you drive and turn. The music system is also excellent. It’s perfect.

What customization have you asked for in your Ghost?

I am getting the two-toned colour version with the silver paint on the hood. I have asked for bigger wheels, tan leather interiors and the panoramic sunroof.

Where will you take the car on its maiden run?

The car is expected in Delhi in the middle of January. I’ve told them that I will take the delivery of the car at the airport. There are some formalities to be completed and then, of course, I’ll first take it to a temple.

SOURCE : Ghost rider - Play - livemint.com
Attached Thumbnails
Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-rrghost.jpg  

h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2009, 13:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

A few pics from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dsc05679.jpg  

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dsc05728.jpg  

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dsc056881.jpg  

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dsc057481.jpg  

Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Page 3-dsc05727.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2009, 13:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

well expect the size ghost is as impressive or more thn the phantom

i havent seen the cars together, but since you've seen them do you thing ghost can take the market share of phantom ,i know they are from different segments but now its become easier to own a rolls(a bit ofcouse )

but i stongly feel it could be a threat to bentley

Last edited by AMATMO : 6th December 2009 at 13:45.
Old 6th December 2009, 17:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Dont know if its relevant to post this article here. i found this while surfing on some random news sites

Ghost rider

One of the first owners of the just-launched Rolls-Royce Ghost tells us why his new set of wheels are perfect.

Varun Jain, 26, owns a Lamborghini, a Bentley and an Audi Q7. And, he is one of the first in India to book the latest offering from the Rolls-Royce stable, the Ghost. Also known as the Baby Rolls, the car will hit Indian roads in January with a base price of Rs2.5 crore. Though positioned as the less flashy Phantom, the Ghost comes with all the flourishes that the car maker is famous for—brollies on the doors, upright monograms on the wheels, etc. Jain tells Lounge why he is charmed by the Ghost.
Ive heard about this too. We've(Talati & Panthaky) just completed doing his house in delhi. He did about the ghost a long time ago. Apart from that hes also got the Busa now parked in his Living room.
Old 18th February 2014, 22:58   #41
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rolls Royce's 'Ghost' to haunt Indian roads on 4th Dec EDIT: Launched pics on Pag

Rolls Royce India has launched the special edition of the Ghost saloon called the Ghost V-Specification priced at Rs 5.20 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-372702.aspx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks