Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: what can be done to fiat?
can give them another chance 35 23.81%
should be ousted from indian automobile industry henceforth 11 7.48%
should put a stay to streamline A.S.S before launching other variants 101 68.71%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 17:28   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have followed GeeAsh's ownership thread from day 1. Incidentally, we both got our Red Petrol Lineas (Epack) on the same day (Apr. 24). You wouldnt find a more happy Linea owner than Geeash if you read his comments. But , there have been 2 instances where he has almost sold the car in the last 7 months. I know that he is very passionate about his Linea but the reactions are extreme IMHO
i agree i have come close to selling my car once before because of a similar wait for spares and a plastic quality issue.

It was when the wiper jet broke off just like that in my car due to poor plastic and at the same time i had my alloy wheels problem which took 4 weeks to get settled.

Is it wrong on my part to expect every spare to be available in an authorised workshop?. There are no linea spares available in outside market. i have enquired.

If it is going to be a maruti i have had instances where i had done some repairs at a private garage for my omni as the spares were available outside.
but here the only place i can get spares is the authorised dealership. i feel cheated when they themselves dont have spares and ask me to wait. I did wait considerable time (3 weeks) for my alloys before voicing my concern.

Now again i am made to wait for fog lamp and bezel.

The 8 lakh i paid is it only for the car?. is it not also for the trust that the authorised service should do a proper service to my car and keep the spares available?

the manager says " fiat gives less credit". what can i do for that?. doesnt tata have enough money to buy and keep the spares?. isnt bumper and foglamps and headlights a regularly wanted spare?.

Today they will make me wait for the fog lamps. tomorrow if the ECU breaks down or if there is a problem in the engine how long am i supposed to wait? 2 months? 3 months? 1 year?.

then why did they conduct a car and coffee meet and tell in the mic that the spares parts problem is over?. why did they pursue me for getting the vehicle promising me that there is a regular supply of spares?

These guys dont even know the part numbers even after 11 months.and that too this is happen in the authorised service station?. it has been 11 months since the launch of the car.
cannot the spares be regularised in 11 months? am i asking tioo much?
am i asking something that we cannot afford to get in india? am i asking something which fiat cannot afford to give me?

Last edited by geeash : 24th November 2009 at 17:32.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:29   #92
Senior - BHPian

The thread is flooded with sentences beginning with

"Fiat needs to ...."
"Fiat definitely needs to ...."
"Fiat has to .... "

Old 24th November 2009, 17:32   #93
BHPian

Quote:
I have a 7+ year old Palio and i have had no troubles with it. Its running smooth and i will be keeping it for some more time. I also didnt have to face any availability issues so far - touch wood! I have nothing against FIAT. My only problem is when people seem to think its ok to have a bad service because we are in India.
It is certainly not okay to have bad service in India-or anywhere else. But Fiat tends to be the whipping boy, when others are a degree or two better/worse. I do not believe we should accept bad service ( my various service providers will vouch for my no-nonsense approach!) but knowing the reality I am willing to go the extra mile to prevent the poor service from happening rather than ranting later.
Old 24th November 2009, 17:47   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The thread is flooded with sentences beginning with

"Fiat needs to ...."
"Fiat definitely needs to ...."
"Fiat has to .... "

May be these people don't want posts in the future to read like,

"There WAS a company named FIAT"
"There USED to be a company named FIAT"

Old 24th November 2009, 17:51   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
We have seen similar comments in this forum over the years. So, isn't it about time to find something more constructive to write?
Very rightly said, I think including myself and including yourself, all of us should make a point and follow what you are suggesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
No offense, but yes you should have. You would have got suggestions from other Aveo users or you could have brought it. if nothing else it would have helped a few prospective buyers understood what they were getting into if its a general case

What makes you think its OK to wait for 1 month for a windscreen replacement? Dont you think the service levels are pathetic?
Well, you are correct, but the case is when they dont have it in stock they dont have it, lucky enough for me the owner of GM A.S.S is a good friend of mine and its then that I have to wait for the windscreen. I mean a A.S.S cant do anything if company or vendor doesnt have it and I feel that its ok, in a country like ours we all know how proactive we Indians are and when I say this I include myself in Indians.

At times things you want or wait for, take the most time to occur or arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
actually, you can see some Honda threads around. I haven't seen one against Toyota yet, and i think we should congratulate Toyota rather than complaining about it.
That would be one of its own kind of a thread. Toyotas A.S.S just Rocks
Old 24th November 2009, 18:18   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I would agree and as well as disagree.

There's a breed that doesn't open their car's bonnet ever. There's a breed that does engine oil change by themselves.

FIAT is targeting the mass market here and majority of the customers are of the former breed I would safely assume. So if the dealer's incompetent than I would expect the manufacturer to act.

Being at the service centre in person might be a remedy for some but not the solution for all.
Totally in agreement. I do not open the bonnet either. I do not like spending hours at the service centre either. But until we solve the issue of dealers incompetence/manufacturers action ( be it Fiat/Hyundai/Honda/Maruti), I will make the extra effort. And if you tell me "Brand X" has better service but costs 2L+ more, give me the occasional Saturday at the service centre.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:32   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=Pragmites;1599000]Totally in agreement. I do not open the bonnet either. I do not like spending hours at the service centre either. But until we solve the issue of dealers incompetence/manufacturers action ( be it Fiat/Hyundai/Honda/Maruti), I will make the extra effort. quote]
Like bhpian Sahil had posted that he would have his driver at the service centre for the time his Superb's service is done.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
These guys dont even know the part numbers even after 11 months.and that too this is happen in the authorised service station?. it has been 11 months since the launch of the car.
cannot the spares be regularised in 11 months? am i asking tioo much?
am i asking something that we cannot afford to get in india? am i asking something which fiat cannot afford to give me?
Based on posts on some folks who are passionate about Fiat, this is too much to ask. Have you also noticed that some of the bhp-ians who were fiercly defending the company earlier have suddenly vanished from the forum? Anyways, I think instead of losing sleep over these recurring issues of availability of spares, you should either opt for another car which is really a tough option or get someone else whom you know to deal with the issues.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

The problems with Fiat A.S.S has been the same before and nothing has changed (I guess since we sold our Palio). There is no point blaming TATA.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:13   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no point blaming TATA.
There is no point blaming tata and fiat separately. i think they are equally responsible.

Manza uses same gearbox and engine as linea and a few other parts too( courtesy : CRM Concorde).

I asked the CRM whether manza too faces the same issue of spares not available. he said manza all parts were made aailable even before the launch of the car at the dealership.

Then how come they stock tata parts and not fiat linea???.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Have you also noticed that some of the bhp-ians who were fiercly defending the company earlier have suddenly vanished from the forum? .
Ever wondered why.........?
Old 25th November 2009, 00:11   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Based on posts on some folks who are passionate about Fiat, this is too much to ask. Have you also noticed that some of the bhp-ians who were fiercly defending the company earlier have suddenly vanished from the forum? ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Ever wondered why.........?
Maybe we should have a poll.
Old 25th November 2009, 00:40   #103
BHPian

Well, this thread smells of anger and desperation. But mainly only from Geeash. Geeash you've had a bad experience, I agree. But you're showing Fiat in a very bad light here. Have you enquired about the A.S.S. from elsewhere in the country before starting off this thread? To tell you what we've had our Linea since May-end and we've had absolutely no problems as yet. Yes chrome strips got loose and one of the chrome covers of the door handle came off. Nothing else. Have been to service centres twice and have had no reasons for complaints. The second time I had gone was for fluid top ups and to get a wheel cover (some crazy biker rammed his bike into one and broke it). I was thinking that we would have had to buy the whole set together, but no. Single piece was available and was in stock. Since it was a small job the SA assigned to me jumped the queue and got our Linea attented to immediately. And they charged 10 bucks for labour- was more like a tip than labour charges.
So my point is dont jump the gun as yet. There are guys like me as well who've had a great ownership and service experience.

@Geeash. I dont mean to contradict your views but IMHO the problem seems to be with your service centre and not Fiat as a whole. And see what's happening- Fiat bashers must be laughing their tummy's out after reading your case coz you went over the moon describing your experience while taking the car and now that you're kinda' under the moon (so to say ) you're after Fiat. C'mon man you've got to be strong. We're Fiat'ers (fighters ). I'm sure you've got more good things to say about the car than bad things about the service!
Calling all Chennai Fiat'ers- guys cant you do something with Geeash's TASS? Sought the bugger into place nice and properly. He's giving our buddy a tough time.

P.S.- I didn't vote; all three options are out of context for me.

Last edited by firstguri : 25th November 2009 at 00:41.
Old 25th November 2009, 07:20   #104
Senior - BHPian

@firstguri

Quote:
Fiat bashers must be laughing their tummy's out after reading your case coz you went over the moon describing your experience while taking the car and now that you're kinda' under the moon (so to say ) you're after Fiat
have always been happy about the car perse.

But havent you seen my thread. The *** part of it has always been a problem and i have been very critical of it right from the first service

1st service - they scratched the boot and then buffed it

Oil change : They poured the diesel engine oil into my petrol engine and insisted that theydid the right thing and if it was not for vahan pujari (in team-bhp i wouldnt have recognised it at all). only after i showed the pictures i clicked they agreed to flush it out.

alloy wheels: i had a problem with alloys and wanted to get alloys for the spare wheel too and after immense pursuing i caught them red-handed , as they did not even order the part from fiat ( as they did not know the correct part no). then after 3 weeks i shot a mail to mangesh to get the issue resolved

5 months of seat issue: i had been telling the manager for the replacement seat right from june 2 nd ( first service date). i found others in team-bhp chenging the seat right from month of august ( vahanpujari, neotraveller, coolboy007 and host of others). but my replacement did not come for 5 months until i bashed up mangesh and concorde

Now scratches again and spares issue: on the pretext of changing seat they have scratched the running board and have repainted it. now there is no fog lamp and bezel replacement

i have been on the recieving end each time.....

why only me??. i am not going under or over the moon. may be it is all too well for you at your TASS but it is clearly not the same for me and other host of guys in chennai who get their linea/ GP serviced at concorde ambattur.

now what is the use of saying all good things about the car when i am suffering from TASS.

The Tass experience definitely spoils all the bgood things the car can give. It spoils the ownership experience by big time.

BNZJON can you come here and post your similar exerience at Concorde ambattur for others to know. it is time we reveal our experiences!!!
Old 25th November 2009, 07:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

I agree with firstguri - Some dealerships are very bad at service. And I don't think it's only for Fiats. (Toyota & Honda etc excluded)

If you take a count of Maruti owners here who had bad experiences at the service centers, I am sure it will be way more than a handful of Fiat owners who had bad experience. Anyway they are rare species. Since Fiat is always 'notorious' for its A.S.S.m we tend to write about it more in that pretext of their infamous bad A.s.s.

Once we gave our Zen for service, and next day we came to know that out beloved ICE is stolen from the car!! In another incident, the new battery of our Zen went kaput a week after service. A cell died - they must have added impure water in the name of battery maintenance.

Last edited by clevermax : 25th November 2009 at 07:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks