Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: what can be done to fiat?
can give them another chance 35 23.81%
should be ousted from indian automobile industry henceforth 11 7.48%
should put a stay to streamline A.S.S before launching other variants 101 68.71%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 08:13   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Maybe we should have a poll.
. Good one, Ravveendrra - i don't know how you come up with things like this!
Old 25th November 2009, 08:59   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I agree with firstguri - Some dealerships are very bad at service. And I don't think it's only for Fiats. (Toyota & Honda etc excluded)

If you take a count of Maruti owners here who had bad experiences at the service centers, I am sure it will be way more than a handful of Fiat owners who had bad experience. Anyway they are rare species. Since Fiat is always 'notorious' for its A.S.S.m we tend to write about it more in that pretext of their infamous bad A.s.s.

Once we gave our Zen for service, and next day we came to know that out beloved ICE is stolen from the car!! In another incident, the new battery of our Zen went kaput a week after service. A cell died - they must have added impure water in the name of battery maintenance.
Thanks for siding with me Clevermax. By now I've read enough bad examples of Maruti A.S.S. as well.

@Geeash: You reciprocated my views- its your TASS that's giving you trouble. To blame Fiat wholly as well for this is a bit too much, me thinks! Our sales experience was nothing great to write about but after that there havent been any issues. The last time I went to the service centre, I even got a call from Tata motors Pune for service related feedback. So the top management is trying to streamline things but the dealers and their service centres- I dont have to elaborate, there's been enough said about them already.
So my only point is that vent your anger on Concorde and not Fiat.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:20   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
About venting anger on After-sales rather than the company, I feel the car is as good as its after-sales. Even if the car is a driving pleasure but if I have to run pillar to post for spares then the car as a whole package is bad. Since the relation with the car company does not end when my payment cheque clears. I personally expect a certain level of responsibility from the company , (and by car company I include their service centres too) when I demand after-sales support.

--Vikrant
Old 25th November 2009, 09:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Thanks for siding with me Clevermax. By now I've read enough bad examples of Maruti A.S.S. as well.

@Geeash: You reciprocated my views- its your TASS that's giving you trouble. To blame Fiat wholly as well for this is a bit too much, me thinks! Our sales experience was nothing great to write about but after that there havent been any issues. The last time I went to the service centre, I even got a call from Tata motors Pune for service related feedback. So the top management is trying to streamline things but the dealers and their service centres- I dont have to elaborate, there's been enough said about them already.
1. Its FIAT that doesnt have a dedicated A.S.S therefore they have collaborated with TASS and not the other way round. So who is to be blamed if the vehicles are not serviced properly? Fiat or TATA?

2. Its FIAT owners that are reporting niggling problems with brand new cars. I am yet to see ANHC/Fiesta/SX4 owners coming and telling that the crome is falling of their cars, or the bonnet has developed a bulge, or the seat plastics are coming off, or the seat is going down automatically.... Fiat launched a product with such poor quality check mechanisms that its hurting new customers joy to enjoy their product. Imagine this is happening when the car is new.

3. JD surveys about A.S.S are a true and honest view of the manufacturers without any subjectivity which is there when one owns a product. They rate Fiat poorly and they rate MUL highly, goes to tell a story.

Just like we dont spare MUL for rattling in Swift, just like we dont spare Skoda for pathetic A.S.S. I dont think we should hesitate to highlight FIAT's problems. They need to get their act together, and fast else even if they fix these niggling issues, it might be too late as market would already have a perception like.... "O Linea! the car that has parts coming off"
Old 25th November 2009, 10:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
About venting anger on After-sales rather than the company, I feel the car is as good as its after-sales. Even if the car is a driving pleasure but if I have to run pillar to post for spares then the car as a whole package is bad. Since the relation with the car company does not end when my payment cheque clears. I personally expect a certain level of responsibility from the company , (and by car company I include their service centres too) when I demand after-sales support.

--Vikrant
We can safely conclude if A.S.S is bad it means company is equally bad, It was Fiat who joined hands with TATA as they felt they alone are not capable of running its business in India. Its really painful to see Fiat owners running here and there just to get mudgaurd, foglamp and all. One of my friends recently purchased Punto, he was told by TATA dealer in Bangalore that they will do only free service don't know if that is true.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:18   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
One of my friends recently purchased Punto, he was told by TATA dealer in Bangalore that they will do only free service don't know if that is true.
May be he said they give only 3 free services. A hearsay which is even doubted by the poster, doesn't add any value to a thread.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:29   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Ever wondered why.........?
Me thinks they are all busy hunting for Fiat spares. Or they are standing at the service center while their cars are being serviced. Let's have a poll like Raveendra suggested and include these two options too. *hides*

Last edited by Gilead : 25th November 2009 at 10:30.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

Another blow from a good company making good cars.

Its high time that Fiat realises that they have to survive alone in the highly competitive market.

Also, the JV is more beneficial for Tata. The ideal scenario was to establish own A.S.S with the help of Tata and then consolidate on them.

Both GP and Linea as well as the Grand Old Palio are great cars.

They just needed a little push, some good marketing and a decent A.S.S to come up triumphs.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:57   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I asked the CRM whether manza too faces the same issue of spares not available. he said manza all parts were made aailable even before the launch of the car at the dealership.

Then how come they stock tata parts and not fiat linea???.
This clearly shows the step-motherly treatment of Tata Motors towards Fiat cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
1. Its FIAT that doesnt have a dedicated A.S.S therefore they have collaborated with TASS and not the other way round. So who is to be blamed if the vehicles are not serviced properly? Fiat or TATA?
Actually both, Tata & Fiat!
Tata Motors were smart enough to take engine & other technology from Fiat, in return why can't they deliver a hassle-free & satisfying ownership experience to Fiat customers? Is it so difficult?
Quote:
2. Its FIAT owners that are reporting niggling problems with brand new cars. I am yet to see ANHC/Fiesta/SX4 owners coming and telling that the crome is falling of their cars, or the bonnet has developed a bulge, or the seat plastics are coming off, or the seat is going down automatically....
Do search the forum, there are several threads on ANHC, SX4 as well.
While you are quick to point the niggles of Linea, why don't you highlight the positives of Linea?
Quote:
3. JD surveys about A.S.S are a true and honest view of the manufacturers without any subjectivity which is there when one owns a product. They rate Fiat poorly and they rate MUL highly, goes to tell a story.
JD surveys are a hogwash! Nobody trusts them!
I wonder why no-one called me for the survey in my last 6 years of car ownership?
Quote:
Just like we dont spare MUL for rattling in Swift, just like we dont spare Skoda for pathetic A.S.S. I dont think we should hesitate to highlight FIAT's problems. They need to get their act together, and fast else even if they fix these niggling issues, it might be too late as market would already have a perception like.... "O Linea! the car that has parts coming off"
Excuse me, the problem here is not the niglling issues of Linea, but the bad service experience at a Tata Service center!

I also agree with Firstguri!
Shoddy & pathetic service by 1 or 2 Tata-Fiat service centers should not mean that entire Tata-Fiat service is bad!
The ratio of good to bad dealerships/service centers will be same across all the brands!

Geeash, I agree that fast moving spares like bumper, rear-view mirror, fender etc should be readily available, and I feel most of the Tata-Fiat service centes stock the same, but please don't expect parts like Fog lamps (which I guess is fitted in top-end variants) to be readily available.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autogeek View Post
May be he said they give only 3 free services. A hearsay which is even doubted by the poster, doesn't add any value to a thread.
I confirmed with my friend. In Concord service center in Dairy Circle bangalore they will do only free service for FIAT but paid service they wont do for FIAT due to space constraint, only TATA cars will be done for paid service. So priority is TATA cars not FIAT.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:03   #116
BHPian

Geeash,

Why dont you change your service centre even after repeated requests by other members? People have pleaded you from the very first service to change your service centre but you never listened. Going a 50 kms extra to VST is better than banging head against this service centre. Karthik is also in Chennai but takes his car to VST and is a much happy man, even got his speakers exchanged in a jiffy.

Its this Concorde which screws things, its this serv centre which delays spares, its this serv centre which provides sub standard service and irritates people. Dont know why you keep sticking to them, why are you bothered to improve them, they will spoil your car man.
I dont see a reason why you go to Concorde time n again, they really deserve to be closed down. Heard its under Tata, thats why "sarkaari attitude"
Planning to buy a Linea in Jan and would be sad to see your Linea go, please go to VST and experience the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
2. Its FIAT owners that are reporting niggling problems with brand new cars. I am yet to see ANHC/Fiesta owners coming and telling that the crome is falling of their cars, or the bonnet has developed a bulge, or the seat plastics are coming off, or the seat is going down automatically
If you care to do so, please visit the initial ownership section by gans "me and my city", this is a review from a guy whose few days old Honda ANHC top of the line model's handle (attached to roof for grip) came off when his friend was using it and on top of it, the owner had to pay around 300 rs for repair. Atleast Fiat doesnt charge for chrome falling off- they have agreed its their fault. Handle breaking in a 11 days old car and they paying for it, awesome, also Franmehta is not happy with his Fiesta last i saw his thread, he send stern mails to Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Me thinks they are all busy hunting for Fiat spares. Or they are standing at the service center while their cars are being serviced. Let's have a poll like Raveendra suggested and include these two options too. *hides*
Dont know about it. amit and Vahanpujari are all missing, many were infracted and banned last time in Honda v/s Fiat debates so bid farewell to them.
VP is happy, saw his thread on ACI., doing better than giving such taunting posts.

This is a Linea or Premier padmini, spares and spares...... Phew.... Am even more confused. When i make up my mind to buy a Linea such threads come up.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj2402 View Post
Dont know about it. amit and Vahanpujari are all missing, many were infracted and banned last time in Honda v/s Fiat debates so bid farewell to them.
Sorry to be off-topic, but I don't think they are all waiting at the spare parts counter or in the customer lounge while their cars are being serviced.. And a poll will never come up regarding this!

Another point, Punto and Linea were emerging as the clear winners in the car of the year poll which existed only for a couple of hours or so. Hope some of you might have noticed it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd December 2009 at 14:23. Reason: Will be sending you a PM regarding the last line of your post :)
Old 25th November 2009, 11:12   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more options: Sick of having bad cars pushed down their throats just because their A.S.S. is better. Sick of some brands being bashed mindlessly while others are promoted shamelessly. Out enjoying their drives with a wide grin plastered on their faces while owners of more reliable cars are enjoying their incomparable A.S.S. in air-conditioned lounges sipping free machine-made coffee.

I realised that one poll was deleted recently. Yes, the same thread that CleverMax mentioned. Thread disappeared off the face of the earth as known to TBHP. Reason? You got it - Linea and Punto were far ahead!!

Cheers,

Note from Mod : Ravveendrra, the logic in your last paragraph is quite skewed. Please try to avoid making mis-informed and incorrect comments. I will be sending you a PM to explain.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd December 2009 at 14:26. Reason: Note in post.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:56   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Excuse me, the problem here is not the niglling issues of Linea, but the bad service experience at a Tata Service center!

I also agree with Firstguri!
Shoddy & pathetic service by 1 or 2 Tata-Fiat service centers should not mean that entire Tata-Fiat service is bad!
The ratio of good to bad dealerships/service centers will be same across all the brands!
Ah! Finally someone gets my point of view. And also Linea's shortcomings are being confused here with the A.S.S. I want to ask- have all the Linea owners had the same experience as Geeash's? Am I the only odd one out?
Old 25th November 2009, 11:59   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I realised that one poll was deleted recently. Yes, the same thread that CleverMax mentioned. Thread disappeared off the face of the earth as known to TBHP. Reason? You got it - Linea and Punto were far ahead!!

Cheers,
hey - i doubt it. While the people may be biased towards one car/brand, TBHP would still stand neutral.

Perhaps mods can clarify.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks