Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 12:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Why scorpio topple more compared to safari, in my opinion
- there are many more scorpios on the road than the Safari, hence more accidents of scorpios
- scorpio accelaration is much faster than safari (not the dicor), hence sudden turns with hard braking can topple the vehicle
Are you kidding me?? is this a joke...
Dude... Scorpios topple...because of the height.. and it does not weigh as much as the safari.. any one here ever compared the weight of both the vehicles.. Safari is much more heavier vehicle.. and it is also broader (width) when compared to the scorpio..

Godfather
Old 24th April 2007, 12:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Still beat the Safari in the cone test.
Even the old Scorpio managed to score better than the Safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
maybe because the safari could never pick up enough speed to topple over

*puts on flamesuit*
Quote:
- there are many more scorpios on the road than the Safari, hence more accidents of scorpios
- scorpio accelaration is much faster than safari (not the dicor), hence sudden turns with hard braking can topple the vehicle

Jeez what a lot! Does it really matter to either of you Safari or Scorp chaps if the OTHER vehicle topples over more often?

Does it really make you feel better?

If yes, the Safari dudes must be feeling like a million bucks.
Old 24th April 2007, 12:16   #93
BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure abou the statement made here - OK, the Scorpio did sell like hot cakes but that was then. The Safari has been around for much longer and post DICOR, it has redefined the sales figures in this category.

Also, I see a direct relation between scorpio - acceleration - sudden turns - topple - MORONIC driving. I think Scorpio should come with a driving manual in such case, else it would be a HAZARD of sorts.
Old 24th April 2007, 12:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Jeez what a lot! Does it really matter to either of you Safari or Scorp chaps if the OTHER vehicle topples over more often?
...why didnt i think of this line????

Quote:
I am now..

Godfather
Old 24th April 2007, 18:11   #95
HSV
BHPian

Look what I found. Dunno what this is all about - its someone's review on the Safari DICOR.

Source: Tata Safari User Review : - A Review on Tata Safari by Pravin Paithankar - CarWale.com India

PRAVIN PAITHANKAR
General Secretary.
Maharashtra Heavy vehicle &Interstate Container Operators Association.
General Secretary
Maharashtra Rajya Truck Tempo Tankers Bus Vahatuk Mahasangh.

To, Date: 4/3/07.
Shri Ratan Tata.
Chairman,
Tata Motors.
Sub: Defective Breaking system in Tata Safari Dicor.
Ref: My previous letter Dated 15 Jan 07.
Dear Sir,
We are very sorry to inform you that after various attempts made to get the problem solved, detected in my Tata Safari Dicor have received negligible response from your organization.
As per letter received from M.D. Shri Ravi Kant he has directed the case to Mr. Vikram Sinha to resolve the problem.
But till today the problem is not resolved. It was clearly informed by Tata Motors that there is no solution for the problem till today.
Further I was advised to take delivery of my vehicle and use it as research for the problem is taken up.
After waiting for the month I tried to contact Mr. Vikram Sinha continuously for a week but I was unable to contact him.
Fortunately, we were in your office at World Trade Center for a meeting along with association delegates with Mr Sham Mani for development of Tata vehicles sales and feed back for improvement in commercial vehicles. After the meeting all delegates along Mr. Kulbir Sing Mistry went to Mr. Vikram Sinha’s office to have a word regarding the problem.
We sent the massage to see him and waited for his response for about 20 minutes but there was no response at all. After some time Mr. Vikram Sinha walked out of his office and came in the lobby where we were waiting for him and said that he has no time to talk to us. Mr Kulbir singh asked him that if you have no time to talk to your customer how are you going solve our problem, and asked what we should do to the defective Safari? Mr, Vikram Sinha arrogantly replayed that keep it idle at your home. We requested him repeatedly to allow us 2 minutes to discuss the problem but he arrogantly refused and walked away.
From the disgrace ting incident we strongly feel that Tata Motors is lease bothered for their customer, but let me remind you that customer is always on top priority. We do not understand that what important work Mr Vikram Sinha might be having than attending the customer who is with serious problem at your doorstep ? . Is not our time valuable ?.
If such a treatment is given to the designated officials of reputed association having relationship with Tata organization for last 25 years what type of treatment general customer might be getting.
We have also noticed that your communication system is worst. After calling persistently for a week to communicate with Mr. Vikram Sinha nether he is available in office nor bothered to call back.
Please note that we have lost faith in Tata organization which is directly or indirectly going to reflect in relationship we have for commercial vehicles.
we strongly fill that there is no amicable solution for the problem and we are force to take further action.
Waiting for your personal intervention in to the matter.
Regretful customer.

Pravin Paithankar.
Pravinpai5@hotmail.com
CC to Mumbai Grahak Panchayat
CC to All India Motor Transport Congress .
Old 24th April 2007, 21:00   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Does it really make you feel better?

Feelings do not come into it. If a distorted picture is being painted of a vehicle then it is only correct to clear up the distortion. This is a forum afterall.

As I have said it is moronic drivers that are usually the cause. This is not limited to the Safari or the Scorpio, get any SUV and put a moron (Lewis Hamilton wannabe) in control and watch it topple.

Suman,

The cone test was a valid test of stability/handling at speed. The Merc A class was found wanting in similar tests (Elk test) in Sweden which led to a full recall and a stability control system being added together with modded suspension. The magazine undertook a similar test for the Safari and Scorpio, they found the Safari lacking.

Last edited by bigman : 24th April 2007 at 21:01.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:26   #97
Senior - BHPian

my choice is
1.innova
2.safari
3.scorpio

i rated this purely on the build quality and the engine's refinement.
Old 24th April 2007, 21:28   #98
BANNED

ya JP1 scorpio really rocks ..in looks wise. and also in power wise...nothin can beat it.its a perfect suv and safari is no where near scorpio......its better if we compair safari with tavera.......and more over every vehicle topples ..if the driver in it cant control the vechile at high speeds....i saw many toppled safaris......
Old 24th April 2007, 23:51   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
ya JP1 scorpio really rocks ..in looks wise
this i wont ever agree safari is a lot better looking suv.

Quote:
also in power wise...nothin can beat it.its a perfect suv and safari is no where near scorpio......
safari's power/ torque figures are better and in terms of driving tell me how many time do a person does 0-100 sprint ???

Quote:
its a perfect suv and safari is no where near scorpio......
nope not even safari is a perfect SUV but its a perfect VFM package.

Quote:
.its better if we compair safari with tavera.......and more over every vehicle topples
it should be other way around safari is not a kinda taxi but scorpio is .

i can't help it i own one too.
Old 25th April 2007, 00:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes to the Innova. It wins hands down in the looks, comfort and relaibility department. Thats what we buy a car for is'nt it?
Old 25th April 2007, 01:06   #101
BHPian

Toyota innova seems to be the best people mover around as of now.Me??i will continue to buy Tata safari no logic required,It is a individual decision.

I own scorpio's too but i wont buy another one unless it gives me the same satisfaction Safari does,no explanation will be given,It is MY hard earned money.
Old 25th April 2007, 02:35   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
My vote goes to the Innova. It wins hands down in the looks, comfort and relaibility department. Thats what we buy a car for is'nt it?
no v-16 apart from the above a car is also bought for vanity!
this is where the swingmeter swings in favour of the safari for most of us i guess.
Old 25th April 2007, 02:39   #103
BHPian

Quote:
The cone test was a valid test of stability/handling at speed. The Merc A class was found wanting in similar tests (Elk test) in Sweden which led to a full recall and a stability control system being added together with modded suspension. The magazine undertook a similar test for the Safari and Scorpio, they found the Safari lacking.
"Safari Lacking" is rather strongly worded here. First of all its just a cone test. Its not a test like what Consumer Reports used to do - the topple test. It is also common knowledge that Scorpio doesn't inspire confidence at high speeds whereas Safari is steady. Actually the Endeavour came out even worse on the test if I recall correctly.

Then again, Safari is not supposed to be compared to the Scorpio. They're in different leagues. Although Innova is a good vehicle, I don't think it swallows up potholes like the Safari. If you're going to be off the paved road, Safari is the way to go.
Old 25th April 2007, 11:06   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suman,

Yeah, I know, I think I still have that ACI issue with me. The point I'm making is, doing what we used to call a "wiggle-woggle" test (for cars that used to run in the Vintage car rallys in olden days) really doesn't amount to any "handling" test, its more maneuverability (depends also on length of vehicle and turning circles) because you need to snake around 7 (AFAIK) cones where there is a distance of 100 feet from the two extreme cones and the one that does it the quickest wins. No prizes for guessing why the Scorpio outdid the Safari here......

However, I reiterate that it has nothing to do with overall stability of the vehicle and the Safari wins hands down here. My opinion of course.

Zenopio, you are one lucky dude for having ACTUALLY seen "many toppled Safaris", I guess these must have been strewn all over the streets or highways around Hyderabad ........................
Old 25th April 2007, 11:55   #105
Team-BHP Support

Innova is the most practical and balanced choice amongst the contenders here. Does anyone have the sales figure between the Innova, Scorpio and Safari?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks