Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 17:40   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i beg to differ. come to bombay or for that matter most of the places ive been to have far more private owned innova 'g4's or 'v's than taxis.
Then either Delhi/Gurgaon has more commercial Innovas or the private owners of Innovas do not drive them on the road.
Old 22nd November 2007, 06:07   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think the bottom line is that if you make the decision with your heart it will be the safare or scorpio. If you make the decision with your head, it will be the Innova.

Needless to say, if Toyota launches the Fortuer in the 12 to 14 lakh range Tata can say good bye to the Safair and stick to the 1 lakh car. Ford Endy will take a body blow, but it may survive.
Old 22nd November 2007, 09:42   #228
Senior - BHPian

Although people can vouch for Toyota's quality and its definitely better than TATA's/M&M in India, its still a commercial organization, meant to make profit worldwide read on....

Quote:
According to legal documents obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press , defects that were intentionally passed over included broken seat belts, faulty headlights, inadequate braking, mirrors falling off, engine oil leaks and steering wheel alignment problems -- all in an effort to decrease the number of defects. It is not clear whether any defects resulted in accidents.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:05   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Is it that it is bought by some to atone for past sins? As a kind of penance!
No - for that you buy a Mahindra. Then you make smart alec comments about better vehicles.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:13   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Needless to say, if Toyota launches the Fortuer in the 12 to 14 lakh range Tata can say good bye to the Safair and stick to the 1 lakh car. Ford Endy will take a body blow, but it may survive.
The other way round actually. Most of the Safari sales come from LX and EX 4X2 versions which cost a lot less than 10L. Fortuner for 12-14 will surely kill Endeavour and all other SUVs in that price bracket.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:16   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i beg to differ. come to bombay or for that matter most of the places ive been to have far more private owned innova 'g4's or 'v's than taxis.
I have also seen private owners buying G4 or Vs. The point I made is that in Delhi at least, you see more commercial than private Innovas. That may not be applicable to the entire country.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:18   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No - for that you buy a Mahindra. Then you make smart alec comments about better vehicles.
and then, when you grow up, you buy a Safari
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:54   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
and then, when you grow up, you buy a Safari
Hahaha, that is a good one.
And then you head out for a nice holiday in the mountains with your family.
On a steep gradient your clutch burns. Put family in the state transport bus or a Taxi and send them home. Find the nearest TASS and enjoy the rest of your holiday with the familiar 'old' freedom of a bachelor!!
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:11   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Hahaha, that is a good one.
And then you head out for a nice holiday in the mountains with your family.
On a steep gradient your clutch burns. Put family in the state transport bus or a Taxi and send them home. Find the nearest TASS and enjoy the rest of your holiday with the familiar 'old' freedom of a bachelor!!
Safari and scorpio sale in the same boat. Its like the kettle calling the pot black.
My cousins scorpio(about 2 years old) snapped timing chain at 30,000kms. After that he sold his scorpio and 2 indigos(done 70,000kms+) and bought a... Hold your breath "Zen estilo", and a santro. He says he will never buy a diesel unless it sports a non indian manufacturer badge.

I asked him why such a downgrade. His answer, they travel in city, so no need for luggage, and interior space(legroom etc.,) is same in an estilo and a scorpio.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:56   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Safari and scorpio sale in the same boat. Its like the kettle calling the pot black.
My cousins scorpio(about 2 years old) snapped timing chain at 30,000kms.
Thanks for this info, Tanveer. I consider this vital.
I am a first time user of a M&M vehicle. For me, there are no 'loyalties' involved. I have, for years, gathered info from users and (hold your breath!) car mechanics in the mountains regarding the reliability aspect of M&M or Tata. I am equally impressed by the Safari but my info (perhaps questionable) led me to a Scorpio. I am primarily concerned with reliabilty ONLY and 4WD, to the exclusion of handling or speed or whatever. There is nothing in this price range from a foreign maker. I used a Gypsy for 8 (absolutely trouble-free) years, but it just does not meet my bundle of requirements today. Hence, currently the Scorpio.
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:44   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
They could however improve the rear looks by taking off those non-functional tail lamp clusters and retaining the working parts alone.
Based on what i felt, i decided to do some PS work on a Scorpio pic. The result :

Not really a good quality chop job, but nevertheless, comments awaited.
Old 12th December 2007, 13:20   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
ShaKo,

Please quote the source of your information if possible. The problem is that in the last few years we have had enough speculation about Fortuner so it is going to be hard to believe that it is actually going to come in Sept '08
Hondadude, this is kinda confirmed information from sources within Toyota (cannot name).

This time its gonna be for real ..... you bet.
Old 12th December 2007, 16:05   #238
Senior - BHPian

its interesting how people compare the Safari, Scorpio and Innova. I mean if all you want is something big and diesel then its a fair comparison. Otherwise they are not comparable - The Safari and Scorpio are SUVs or at least wannabe SUVs. The Innova is essentially a minivan. Often I've heard people talk of these in the same breath and I think it betrays confusion about what they want.
Old 12th December 2007, 17:02   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Based on what i felt, i decided to do some PS work on a Scorpio pic. The result :

Not really a good quality chop job, but nevertheless, comments awaited.
looks better than the current model scorpio, but hideous neverthless .
its time the scorpio got a complete makeover especially the exterior.
Old 12th December 2007, 19:30   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
its interesting how people compare the Safari, Scorpio and Innova.
.. The Innova is essentially a minivan. Often I've heard people talk of these in the same breath and I think it betrays confusion about what they want.
The reason might be that if you are looking for a 'refined' 7 or 8 seater, there's very little else on offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks