Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 14:45   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Is there any hope that the 320D will come in a manual transmission? I consider it appalling that BMW and Audi who are trying to compete as the enthusiasts luxury pick don't sell manuals over here.
Highly doubt it. If they wanted to, they would have done it with the 320d Corporate edition.
Old 10th January 2010, 23:40   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Just booked one of these today in white. Will be getting it by next week. Will post pictures.
Just checked in pune. Works out to 26 OTR. Saw the alloy design too, its pretty good. If you dont mind me asking, whats the final price they offered you OTR?
Old 11th January 2010, 05:27   #198
Senior - BHPian

This is a very good thing for people who actually love BMW's and will end up working their rear off so that they could someday afford one. Traditionally the typical consumer for such luxary car has no taste (case in point I see this old guy sitting in back of the 530D highline, there is no need for the 530d for him also why the highline with the infra-red camera and all that) These things exist here as luxary goodies, for the rich. For the ultimate driving machine essence there will be people working hard and somehow achieving it. Moreso I've always argued the point that most of the good cars/bikes in India are way overpriced. Yes you can tell me its because of the duties. In any case this is a very welcome move from BMW. I would actually love to own these machines at their UK/US prices in India someday (which wont ever happen) so if everything works out right, you should be picking one up and heading to eBay to get all the stuff thats missing for a bargain price. (I dont think BMW can void the warrenty for you asking them to install genuine BMW parts on your BMW)
Old 11th January 2010, 14:32   #199
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there any hope that the 320D will come in a manual transmission? I consider it appalling that BMW and Audi who are trying to compete as the enthusiasts luxury pick don't sell manuals over here.
What an idea, Sirjee!

1. Manual instead of AT : Rs. 1 lakh saving

2. Remove useless runflat tyres : Rs. 30,000 saving.

BMW 320d Manual @ 21.50 lakhs ex-showroom. Bring it on! Would go on to become an Indian classic....bangle'd front end design be damned.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:31   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...bangle'd front end design be damned.
Finally something got you to overlook that bit By the way, I'd really appreciate if you could run a quickie test of the 320D Corporate Edition.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:19   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Finally something got you to overlook that bit By the way, I'd really appreciate if you could run a quickie test of the 320D Corporate Edition.
Wouldn't that be the exact same as a standard 320d?
Old 11th January 2010, 21:09   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
Wouldn't that be the exact same as a standard 320d?
So? I'm not talking of a driving impression. The last one was a typical Tested & Ripped article, something like a hop in-oh lookie the car's quick-hop out kinda drive. Not a patch to the reviews being written recently.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:44   #203
BHPian

Quote:
What an idea, Sirjee!

1. Manual instead of AT : Rs. 1 lakh saving

2. Remove useless runflat tyres : Rs. 30,000 saving.

BMW 320d Manual @ 21.50 lakhs ex-showroom. Bring it on! Would go on to become an Indian classic....bangle'd front end design be damned.

My friend if I could afford it, I'd buy a manual 320D over an auto even if there were no savings!!!!

Without a donut/spare tire, I think the runflats are required!
Old 12th January 2010, 18:04   #204
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not a patch to the reviews being written recently.
Thanks flyingspur! I take it as a compliment on how our reviews have evolved

Quote:
My friend if I could afford it, I'd buy a manual 320D over an auto even if there were no savings!!!!
Spoken like a true dieselhead!
Old 12th January 2010, 18:43   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks flyingspur! I take it as a compliment on how our reviews have evolved.
Not that your earlier reviews were inadequate, its just that... well, they have evolved, indeed !! Of course, the more relevant cars are being thoroughly road tested these days, and maybe I'm being a wee bit demanding, but I have a decision to make soon, and I can't base it on some publication Not after two years on Team-BHP.

BTW, for those of you who are interested in seeing the alloy design on the new base version, go to the BMW Australia website (http://www.bmw.com.au) and choose 320d executive. 5 x twin-spoke 17" rims. They looked alright when I was shown the image on the Navnit computer, but the car overall looks quite good with the new rims. What's more, 55 profile tyres will probably mean less instances of cracked rims.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th January 2010 at 18:47.
Old 12th January 2010, 19:49   #206
Senior - BHPian

Infact, I loved the configurator so much... This is the current standard equipment offered.

320d Corporate Edition

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-wheels-corp.jpg

320d Highline

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-wheels-highline.jpg

325i

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-wheels-325i.jpg

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th January 2010 at 19:54.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:12   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Infact, I loved the configurator so much... This is the current standard equipment offered.
hehe, you sure are having fun with the configurator!

A quick glance at the pics and from the exterior only the alloys seem different in the 3 pics.

Does the configurator spit out interior trim changes as well?
Old 12th January 2010, 22:36   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Does the configurator spit out interior trim changes as well?
Sure.

320d Corporate Edition (piano black trim) :

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-beige-corp.jpg

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-side-beige-corp.jpg

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-oyster-corp.jpg

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-side-oyster-corp.jpg

320d Highline (burr walnut wood trim standard) :

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-beige.jpg

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-side-beige.jpg

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-brown.jpg

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-int-side-brown.jpg

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th January 2010 at 22:40.
Old 13th January 2010, 00:08   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Sure.
Thanks

The interiors do look slightly different from the Corporate edition to the Highline, but nothing that i'd miss though.

That all black (Piano Black?) trim looks super! Hmmm, i'd better start saving up for it already
Old 13th January 2010, 00:51   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
The interiors do look slightly different from the Corporate edition to the Highline, but nothing that i'd miss though.
Actually, if you've noticed, the main difference is the iDrive, or the absense of it. When the iDrive's not around, the centre console gets more controls. If it's there, the centre console is left with less buttons around because the functions are taken over by the iDrive I presume.

Quote:
That all black (Piano Black?) trim looks super! Hmmm, i'd better start saving up for it already.
Indeed !! I'm a big fan of beige+wood, but somehow this black finish looks awesome. Overseas, it's part of the extra-charge BMW Individual options list. Here, it's part of the equipment for the base version, with the wood trim at extra charge How does that work?

Most Viewed