Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 20:08   #226
BHPian

I went to Infinity Cars (Mumbai) today - they had a monaco blue 320d corporate edition that was ready for a customer delivery on Monday. Took the family to have a detailed look. Here is some more information:

1. No black interiors, just beige. Although, the sales person is going to check and let me know. I used to own a 325i (2002) in the US with complete black interiors (with a wood trim) and used to love it! Interiors Pic of my earlier BMW below:

Coming soon: BMW 320 D for passat price. EDIT: Launched as the Corporate Edition-bmw_2.jpg

2. Loved the monaco blue color, might pick that up over black/white/silver. [I did not take pics :( ]

3. There will be just 2 versions of the 320d (highline & corporate). Thus the 'basic' edition wont be there (as per the sales person).

4. Of all the features that are removed from the highline, the only one that I really would want is USB. May order that as an option while booking. I can live without all the other features.

5. The multi spoke alloys that are present on the corporate edition are not to my taste (I like the 5 spoke ones) - may order the car with other ones.

Test drive to happen soon (have a packed schedule next couple of weeks) and a booking maybe in Feb!

PS: If any of you have feedback on the other BMW dealer in Mumbai, for some reason they have not been communicating back with me for test drive requests/more information.
Old 16th January 2010, 23:04   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_man View Post
1. No black interiors, just beige. Although, the sales person is going to check and let me know. I used to own a 325i (2002) in the US with complete black interiors (with a wood trim) and used to love it! Interiors Pic of my earlier BMW below:
You're right on the beige-only interiors. And you owned one of the most beautiful BMW's ever !!

Quote:
2. Loved the monaco blue color, might pick that up over black/white/silver.
Could you please PM me the OTR Mumbai price? They've only been giving me the Thane figure (26.19L) since a few days now.

Quote:
3. There will be just 2 versions of the 320d (highline & corporate). Thus the 'basic' edition wont be there (as per the sales person).
Navnit says the same.

Quote:
5. The multi spoke alloys that are present on the corporate edition are not to my taste (I like the 5 spoke ones) - may order the car with other ones.
Quite liked them actually. And considering it's an expensive upgrade, I doubt I'm going to tick rims on the options.

Quote:
PS: If any of you have feedback on the other BMW dealer in Mumbai, for some reason they have not been communicating back with me for test drive requests/more information.
They're "not promoting" the model for some reason. Doesn't even show up on the price list. They've been communicative with me now because I walked into the showroom a couple of times.
Old 16th January 2010, 23:15   #228
Team-BHP Support

Flyingspur, you planning on getting the 320d corporate? When is it coming?
Old 17th January 2010, 00:56   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Flyingspur, you planning on getting the 320d corporate? When is it coming?
If by "it" you mean the launch, it's already out. Our decision's pending. Maybe March. Looking at all the D-segmenters. I fully expect us to choose reliability in the end though, which means we might end up with something completely different from what's being discussed here. Only time will tell !!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th January 2010 at 01:03.
Old 17th January 2010, 10:01   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
You're right on the beige-only interiors. And you owned one of the most beautiful BMW's ever !!
Thanks - the 2002 3 series was quite a beauty. Will write my BMW story sometime and post it! This thread renewed my interest in owning a BMW. I dug up the pictures of my earlier 325i from an old laptop. The pictures were takn when BMW was being sold before my return to India. (posted it in yahoo classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Could you please PM me the OTR Mumbai price? They've only been giving me the Thane figure (26.19L) since a few days now.
done - sent you the PM with the on road prices for individual/company.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:43   #231
BHPian

Please check out Imports in Goa thread. Have uploaded pictures there. Comments please.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:48   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Please check out Imports in Goa thread. Have uploaded pictures there. Comments please.
Right, saw those a couple of days after you uploaded.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:06   #233
BHPian

just heard that the prices have been hiked by Rs 1 Lakh for the 320D corporate edition. No price hike for other models.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:11   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
just heard that the prices have been hiked by Rs 1 Lakh for the 320D corporate edition. No price hike for other models.
What about the 320 D highline ?? hope it's still around the 26 lak mark
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:37   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
What about the 320 D highline ?? hope it's still around the 26 lak mark
320d highline costs closer to 35 lacs on-road, Chennai. ( I don't know what current discounts are being offered on the 3 series )
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:50   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
320d highline costs closer to 35 lacs on-road, Chennai. ( I don't know what current discounts are being offered on the 3 series )
Ohh so it was the 320 D corporate that costed around 26 laks before and now it's been hiked to 27 right ??
Old 4th February 2010, 13:02   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Ohh so it was the 320 D corporate that costed around 26 laks before and now it's been hiked to 27 right ??
Yes that would be right, the hike is on the ex-showroom price so i believe the price touches 28 lacs or so, its confirmed.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:50   #238
BHPian

Ok after going through this thread this is what i gathered. The 320D costs Rs 26 lakhs. For this you are getting a car with no navigation, no heated seats, no fancy BMW stuff. 26 lakhs to drive a 2000cc car which is a stripped down BMW? If i had that $$, i would go for Passat. I mean for that price you expect some returns as well. A good engine is not sufficient i feel.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:55   #239
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

you're right but there are loads and loads of chaps out there who would simply pay and buy because of the BMW badge.
I mean like it or not, there IS a difference in being seen arriving in a Passat or a Superb and in a BMW.
Unfortunately for some, it is impressions and image that counts, not substance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Ok after going through this thread this is what i gathered. The 320D costs Rs 26 lakhs. For this you are getting a car with no navigation, no heated seats, no fancy BMW stuff. 26 lakhs to drive a 2000cc car which is a stripped down BMW? If i had that $$, i would go for Passat. I mean for that price you expect some returns as well. A good engine is not sufficient i feel.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:39   #240
BANNED

BMW 3-Series CE for individuals now 23.95 Lakhs

BMW 3-Series Corporate Edition is now available for individuals and that too for 23.95 Lakhs. Now this would give serious competition in this price bracket. The omissions are also not that significant like no sun roof, wooden trim etc..

Source :BMW 3-Series CE For Individuals @ 23.95 Lakhs! | Autoholiks

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd February 2010 at 22:00. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks

Most Viewed