Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:54   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Unfortunately for some, it is impressions and image that counts, not substance!
I hope you don't mean to imply that the 320d Corp. has no substance. While I'm a big fan of the VW, it can't hold a candle to it in terms of brand value and driving dynamics. Electronickery may not always equate to substance

Anyway, I have a problem !! Guys, please help me out with this. Kinda urgent.

We're about to decide on a 320d Corp. within a week or so, the problem is that the dealer we're negotiating with claims that if I book with them before Feb 28, they'll sell me the car at the old price. If, however, I fail to book by then, the new prices will apply "post-budget" and atleast in our case, the price will go up by a good 1-1.5 lacs. Any suggestions? I thought all these new hiked prices would be applicable only from April 1.

We have no problem finalizing the car, which we will anyway, butttttt the loan clearance may not happen by then !! Is the dealer just trying to get us to book fast?
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:57   #242
Senior - BHPian

320d Corporate : Excise hike?

I have a problem !! Guys, please help me out with this. Kinda urgent.

We're about to decide on a 320d Corp. within a week or so, the problem is that the dealer we're negotiating with claims that if I book with them before Feb 28, they'll sell me the car at the old price. If, however, I fail to book by then, the new prices will apply "post-budget" and atleast in our case, the price will go up by a good 1-1.5 lacs. Any suggestions? I thought all these new hiked prices would be applicable only from April 1.

We have no problem finalizing the car, which we will anyway, butttttt the loan clearance may not happen by then !! Is the dealer just trying to get us to book fast?

I hope this is the right section, I saw a similar excise-related i20 thread in the What Car? - Hatchbacks section. Anyway, if the price gets hiked again, this WILL turn into a What Car? thread

Also, both dealers are offering me effectively ~50k discount on the corp. How can I better the deal? We're planning to stick to the runflats because my dad was fine with the ride and we're going with Secure+BSI Ultimate anyway, and that includes four tyre changes a year or something like that. Need some clarity on that too, actually. Sahil and other folks in the know, please shed some light. These packages worth it?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 22nd February 2010 at 22:03.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:22   #243
Senior - BHPian

I truly think there will be no price hike. 99.99% sure of it, and as far as I know price hikes if any will be applicable from 1st april 2010 not 1st march but I could be wrong about it.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:38   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
I truly think there will be no price hike. 99.99% sure of it, and as far as I know price hikes if any will be applicable from 1st april 2010 not 1st march but I could be wrong about it.
I was of the same opinion too, according to me excise hike would be effective 1st April right? As with every budget.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:48   #245
Senior - BHPian

I can't recall where I read it but I've had the impression that the excise changes will be effective from 1st March. The dealer could be right.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:48   #246
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I thought all these new hiked prices would be applicable only from April 1.
I myself was under the impression that any change in excise rates comes into play after 1st April (i.e. new financial year). However, I stand corrected. Any change in excise structure is effective immediately. This is applicable only IF (note emphasis on IF) the Govt does actually increase the excise duty structure in the upcoming budget.
Old 11th March 2010, 17:17   #247
BHPian

Guys, most of you are against the Run-flats due to the harsh ride and higher replacement cost.
But in the 3 series there is no room for even a donut spare, so does it not pretty much make the Run-flats necessary? So , one may be running the 3 series on normal tubeless and if one blows or something, than what?
Old 11th March 2010, 19:46   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
But in the 3 series there is no room for even a donut spare, so does it not pretty much make the Run-flats necessary? So , one may be running the 3 series on normal tubeless and if one blows or something, than what?
What I was considering doing when I got mine (but which I've now postponed to first change) is buying a space saver, mounting a spare on it and leaving it in the boot. Sure, I'll lose a bit of boot space, but I'll just treat it as a necessary piece of luggage that has to be carried around. Won't jump around much.
Old 13th May 2010, 13:14   #249
BHPian

CNBC Awaaz: BMW 3 Series Price reduced by 7 Lakhs

Hi,
I just saw a news clip on CNBC AWAAZ today (13th May 2010) which said 'BMW reduces the price of 3 Series by 7 lakhs!!'
The volume is always on mute in the office so I couldn't really hear what they had to say.

Now we know that the Corp. Edition has been in the market for a few months now and they obviously wouldn't show stale news.
I couldn't find any news on the forum so I'm posting on this thread.
Anyone else heard about it? Is it true then?

Abhishek
Old 13th May 2010, 15:41   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.m View Post
Hi,
I just saw a news clip on CNBC AWAAZ today (13th May 2010) which said 'BMW reduces the price of 3 Series by 7 lakhs!!'
The volume is always on mute in the office so I couldn't really hear what they had to say.

Now we know that the Corp. Edition has been in the market for a few months now and they obviously wouldn't show stale news.
I couldn't find any news on the forum so I'm posting on this thread.
Anyone else heard about it? Is it true then?

Abhishek

Is this a new bomb which has been dropped in the ongoing BMW/MERC war, if so lets see what is the response from the other side. The most interesting thing would be to see the response from Skoda, Nissan, VW, AUDI, Honda & Toyota. If you can get a BMW at that price who will go for these cars.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:41   #251
BHPian

Ok.. It is old News..

I tried searching for the news online and here's what I found..

http://www.livemint.com/2010/05/1121...ger-a-bar.html

The above report appeared on the 11th of May. So I believe the news report I saw on the TV was on lines of this report in the mint. These news people have been showing old news.

But how I wish it were true !!!
Old 13th May 2010, 16:57   #252
BHPian

Don't bother yourselves by getting excited with this! Just caught up with news on CNBC Awaz and indeed they had a minute-long news item on reduced prices of BMW and Merc (read Corporate and Executive editions). They also mentioned launch of a base version of A4 at comparable prices pretty soon.

Seems someone at CNBC woke up a bit late - nearly 3 months late
Old 5th November 2010, 13:49   #253
Senior - BHPian

So how do sales figures of Accord, Camary, Passat look vis a vis BMW? It's been a year now since Corp Edition is out.

IMO, badge apart, there is little that this car offers as an overall package! The car should have been changed to carry a space saver wheel and regular tubeless. Besides idrive was the differntiator and should have been included.
Old 5th November 2010, 13:51   #254
Senior - BHPian

ST7677, do check the monthly sales data on the forum, pretty much every month data is there and as per the data 3 does very well but you could do a deeper comparisons based on those posts.

Regards,
Old 5th November 2010, 17:26   #255
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine recently booked the 320D CE from Navnit and the waiting period is 6 months!! Why is it so long?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks