Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 21:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a possibility of DDiS engine finding its way under this van's hood?
Old 4th December 2009, 21:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Despite the success Maruti has had with borrowed diesels they still try to convince themselves that diesel is not the way to go. Just imagine the sales the Versa would bring in if it was a diesel!
Old 5th December 2009, 09:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, there won't be a diesel option at the time of launch. They need to get license from Fiat to plonk the 1.3 DDIS into the O2. That is easier said than done.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:30   #19
BHPian

This one looks lot better, wonder how the back portion is. Hope its comes with a powerful engine.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

no sir, this is suzuki APV and not new versa to come here.But yes i hope they bring this in Indian market.

Last edited by vijaythacker : 5th December 2009 at 12:14. Reason: spell check.
Old 5th December 2009, 19:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
AFAIK, there won't be a diesel option at the time of launch. They need to get license from Fiat to plonk the 1.3 DDIS into the O2. That is easier said than done.
Are you sure about this mate?

What I read in Europe was that Fiat, GM & Suzuki funded the project for new generation diesel engines to be developed by Opel & Fiat. Yes, Fiat seems to have the biggest hand in this - their design. But if what I read is true then all three companies have the right to use this engine in their cars.

It would be appreciated if someone can share more precise information on this.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:33   #22
BHPian

My friend in Maruti said that Maruti is developing diesel engine and this will be out by next year end.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoKris View Post
Are you sure about this mate?

What I read in Europe was that Fiat, GM & Suzuki funded the project for new generation diesel engines to be developed by Opel & Fiat. Yes, Fiat seems to have the biggest hand in this - their design. But if what I read is true then all three companies have the right to use this engine in their cars.

It would be appreciated if someone can share more precise information on this.
This is a new engine that is under development. I was telling about the 1.3 DDIS that is already in production.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

that blue van has alloys of swift dzire if i am not wrong. isnt it.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:45   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A link to the older thread (Maruti Suzuki to launch new Van based on Versa); some very interesting points in that discussion too.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

We have got some news trickling in ahead of the Auto Expo. The Versa replacement aka Maruti O2 will be christened as "Eeco". It will be launched at the Auto Expo in Jan. It will come with the K12M motor from the Ritz and will be priced at around 4 lakhs.
EDIT : It will be available in 5 seater and 7 seater configurations as per ET.

Quote from Economic Times :-

Maruti Suzuki will launch a new family car 'Eeco' with a 1,200cc petrol engine in the under-Rs 4 lakh segment, at the upcoming Auto Expo in the Capital. The vehicle, which has been specifically designed for the domestic market, will comply with Bharat Stage IV emission norms.

The Eeco was under development out for the past three years and developed by the a team of Maruti Suzuki engineers. The Eeco will come with a three-row and two-row seating arrangements with seating capacities of five and seven passengers respectively. According to industry sources, the car will be under C segment and is likely to be priced below Rs 4 lakh.

Last edited by longhorn : 22nd December 2009 at 11:22.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:54   #27
BHPian

Good news,but we are not able to find even an single test mule.Is Maruti really testing their vehicles?
Old 24th December 2009, 11:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Good news,but we are not able to find even an single test mule.Is Maruti really testing their vehicles?
I don't think much testing needs to be done for revised bumpers,grille headlamps and tail lamps. The major change is the K12M motor from the Ritz, silghtly detuned for this model. They could easily plonk this motor onto the Versa chassis and go about testing. Nobody would ever come to know that they a testing a new engine!
Old 24th December 2009, 12:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

The only reason why Versa failed was because of lack of diesel engine. Looks do not matter much in that MPV segment. See the success of dis-proportioned and ugly looking Qualis/Innova.

With a frugal diesel like Fiat multijet and spruced up looks it will be a big hit with both commercial buyers ( cheaper and smaller alternative to Innova ) and personal car buyers ( who find Innova big, expensive and unwieldly ). In fact if they plonk a diesel and make new Versa attractive, many a small car buyers may also opt for it as it would cost nearly same in terms of price and running costs. With a noon-shadow smaller than that of Dzire, Versa may find many buyers who have a large family or those with a small family but lot of family outings.
Old 24th December 2009, 13:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned by me earlier and contrary to the beliefs of many on the forum, the Eeco is nothing but a revised Versa with the K12M motor from the Ritz. Attaching images of the same from another thread. They might as well have named it "Yucko"

Last edited by longhorn : 24th December 2009 at 13:07.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks