Team-BHP - Which is your Favorite car in the C+ Segment?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which is your Favorite car in the C+ Segment? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70188-your-favorite-car-c-segment.html)

T-Bhpians choose based on factors including

1) Comfort and Interior Quality
2) Engine performance
3) Price
4) Features

The cars being compared here are

1 ) Honda Civic
2 ) Toyota Altis
3 ) Chevrolet Cruze LTZ
4 ) Skoda Laura Ambiente

Do give reasons for your decisions also.

Honda Civic for me. Though i dont own one currently, have driven the paddle shift Civic of a friend.
Its just a treat to drive and handles really well. My friend says even if he drives the Civic for hours at a stretch he does not get tired which speaks of the comfort and the interior quality is also amazing.
I love the looks of the Civic better than the cars listed but again looks are subjective.
So Civic it is for me!!

Bhpians please do not include After Sales Service in your decision. That is excluded.:D (Just to see if Skoda stands a chance without that ..yeah call me biased..hehehe)

Why is the Jetta excluded?

The cruze, hands down.
I have always liked powerful chevys and this is a true chevy, the clutch might be hard, but nothing you cant get use to.

Skoda Laura hands down.:thumbs up
Tank like build, decent GC, superb durability and presence and to top it all, the reputation of having "tolerated" some of the worst service technicians in the country.
Get a good service station and nothing beats it, just nothing.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1600873)
Skoda Laura hands down.:thumbs up
Tank like build, decent GC, superb durability and presence and to top it all, the reputation of having "tolerated" some of the worst service technicians in the country.
Get a good service station and nothing beats it, just nothing.clap:

+1 to this.

Also, when we are talking fully loaded for all the cars, why not the Laura L & K version ?

If I am allowed to take it a step further, why not the Yellow Laura vRS from the Auto Expo ;)

I'm always towards CIVIC, It has the best looks compared to other cars listed above.
Quality is not compromised, Power is not compromised.

If i take all the aspects into account, I can only think of Corolla Altis. It is an out and out all rounder. The others are good in one but overall package has to be altis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmites (Post 1600858)
Why is the Jetta excluded?

Oh man i forgot about that , Sorry.:Frustrati Is it possible to add it now ??

I think you should add the Automatic Version to the List. If it is included, then I would pick Toyota Altis Automatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 1600901)
Oh man i forgot about that , Sorry.:Frustrati Is it possible to add it now ??

I guess you will have to check with Mods

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigbarai (Post 1600886)
+1 to this.

Also, when we are talking fully loaded for all the cars, why not the Laura L & K version ?

If I am allowed to take it a step further, why not the Yellow Laura vRS from the Auto Expo ;)

I wanted the OTR price to be within 17 laks. So that would be fair when we compare cars in the lower price bracket like Civic and Altis. The L&K is nearly 20 Laks and the Laura VRS would not be less than 24 for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 1600903)
I think you should add the Automatic Version to the List. If it is included, then I would pick Toyota Altis Automatic

Yes automatics included for Civic and Altis.They are the fully loaded option right.Guess even Laura has it in the ambiente variant.

I do not intend to vote, but want to register my opinion here about these "D segment" cars

Honda Civic : Probably the best looks, most luxurious feel and drive, if i had some extra money, i would have bought Civic compared to ANHC.

Toyota Corolla Altis : Best in Class Class D Sedan, Leadership position both in terms of Sales, Brand Positioning as well as Ownership experience
Probably the maximum scoring sedan.

Skoda Laura: When i travelled in this car, i just fell in love with the ride.
i have also heard myself from several owners that it is the Best Car for that price. But i would stay away from Skoda just like i am stayed away from FIAT when i upgraded last time.

VW Jetta : Car appears to be a good product, i have not personally driven this car, hence does not know the ride quality etc. I have seen the car from closeby, VW is investing in India in manufacturing, distribution, service and brand building. Whether i will put my money on a Jetta ?, answer is NO, i need more proof points about the car and the company.

GM Cruze : I have read the reports, i have not seen/driven the car yet. Hence can not comment. But from what i understand it is a BIG car.
Similar to VW Jetta, i would need more proof points before i decide to put my money on Cruze.