Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 09:21   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
They should just ditch HM and come in on their own.
I think the point is that they are dependent on the local partner- HM on any assembled product. And HM is not known for anything fast.

So vent all your rage at HM!
Old 26th November 2009, 10:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
if they are serious enough about our market then they should launch this
Mitsubishi Colt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
its in the jazz/i20/punto category ,pricing around 6-7 lakhs with a diesel will do wonders and the new lancer with diesel+ petrol asap!
Colt is a fantastic Hatch and sure a great driver's car too. And they sure can price it below Jazz/Punto and just over Swift and they might be able to get in there.
IMO, they should have brought it here looong ago, perhaps along with the Lancer when they entered India. But, now, I think that segment is already too crowded and it might face the same fate as other Mitsus, to stand in a line with Hondas, Hyundais and Fiats for FE and Resale....
Old 26th November 2009, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Why this laid back attitude from the mitsubishi guys??. When all other makers are making a beeline and trying to introduce newer and newer models in the market, the mitsu guys are seemingly fast asleep. Get the new lancer launched ASAP. The new lancer with 150 bhp mill and assumedly more sportier look (read EVO) and priced at 11-13 lacs will defenitely give the cruze a chase for its money. Given the popularity of the mitsubishi name in india i am sure there will be a lot of takers just for the mitsu brand name over the chevy or hondas or toyotas. Even today, the Cedia is probably one of the best VFM cars with great handling abilities, but the A.S.S and the lopsided mitsu approach to its customers is defenitely a dent on this brand. Its also about time they plonked in a new motor onto the pajero and sold it at a price that it actually deserves, the current pajero is way too overpriced for what it is.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 26th November 2009 at 12:07.
Old 26th November 2009, 13:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Why this laid back attitude from the mitsubishi guys??. When all other makers are making a beeline and trying to introduce newer and newer models in the market, the mitsu guys are seemingly fast asleep. Get the new lancer launched ASAP. The new lancer with 150 bhp mill and assumedly more sportier look (read EVO) and priced at 11-13 lacs will defenitely give the cruze a chase for its money. Given the popularity of the mitsubishi name in india i am sure there will be a lot of takers just for the mitsu brand name over the chevy or hondas or toyotas. Even today, the Cedia is probably one of the best VFM cars with great handling abilities, but the A.S.S and the lopsided mitsu approach to its customers is defenitely a dent on this brand. Its also about time they plonked in a new motor onto the pajero and sold it at a price that it actually deserves, the current pajero is way too overpriced for what it is.
Mitsu is almost the same in Saudi Arabia, biggest market in middle east. Saudi is ruled by Toyota. Mitsu just don't care about their sales. I haven't seen a single EVO in Saudi during my 10 years. However, in Kuwait and other ME countries, Mitsu has their presence. They seem to be contented with US and European markets for their sales.! Still just doesn't make sense.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have heard rumours of the Outlander Diesel being launched next year. True ?
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:28   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@RajaTaurus:

Mitsu isn't exactly lighting the sales charts on fire in the US either. The Koreans are doing far better than Mitsu. Shame for a company that made such great cars. Guess it is not all HM's fault. Globally the company is becoming an also ran. They are surviving on the strength of their parent company, i.e Mitsu Corp that has a wide array of business interests. I suspect the brand will be eventually sold to the Chinese a few years down the line. Would love to drive the Dong Feng Pajero.
Old 3rd December 2009, 05:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) All say and No go till now. Its already too late to launch New lancer. Now we have Cruze that will make life miserable for new Lancer. Mitsubishi is a late mover, if it had managed to launch new lancer earlier, then atleast people would have noticed it. The competition is far ahead now.
I for one did NOT like the cruze at all and the build quality/plastics were not that great either. My head hits the roof in the front passenger seat! im pretty sure that wont be the case in the new lancer
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
They definitely confirmed that the much awaited lancer evo X will be launched by first quarter as a CBU, priced at approx 30 lakhs ex-showroom India.

Now the big question: will the new lancer be launched here? The answer is YES, IN 2010 FOR SURE. But only unless HM works out the correct price positioning for it. See it with 152 bhp 2.0 L MIVEC motor.
Do we have the option of getting the 'New' MIVEC motor only once launched and plonk it in our existing Lancers ? 30L is quite steep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
There's no doubt that Mitsubishi cars are great and we already love the Lancer brand. Gimme a next gen Lancer ( read with looks of EVO X)
People have already done it. Search the forum. People have stopped waiting and facelifted their lancers to look more evo-ish.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:34   #24
BHPian

what a coincidence? I too spoke with their marketing head yesterday and he too apprised me of the same. Cedia being stripped and placed near Lancer (I feel bad, I just bought Cedia Sports a month ago at full price!)

Evo X as CBU and Montero & Outlander getting an upgrade. ARAI testing of all is on. Evo is due for launch in Mar 2010 end.

Lets see how it goes...
Old 4th December 2009, 21:13   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Evo X as CBU and Montero & Outlander getting an upgrade. ARAI testing of all is on. Evo is due for launch in Mar 2010 end.
no new lancer again
Old 18th January 2010, 15:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Cedia being stripped and placed near Lancer
Whatever they do to the features in the current Cedia (read stripped down version), they will have to make the engine E IV compliant, won't they?

And this needs to happen in the next couple of months, unless they decide not to sell any sedans in the metros come April.

So, are they going to re-tune the existing engine? Or plonk in a new one?

I cross the local Mitsu showroom daily on my way to office. For almost a month now (maybe more), I haven't seen a single Cedia. Outlanders/Pajeros come and go, but not one solitary Cedia. Have they stopped manufacturing the current version? Or manufacturing based on actual orders/bookings?

Last edited by shuvc : 18th January 2010 at 15:49.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:41   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think HM has itself accepted that Mitsubishi won't sell in India (or that they can't do the job). Reason? The flagship Mitsubishi showroom - the only one worth its salt in Mumbai - was recently given off to Mercedes Benz. Realise this showroom was company-owned and sold Mitsus since the time of the Lancer. Not selling cars, might as well make some money from rent, wot? Think about it.

At the time of its launch, the Cedia was a pretty competent sedan. Hence, product really wasn't Mitsubishis weakness. It was their brand (abused by HM), distribution and dealership network (or lack of).

Going to take massive investments to get Mitsubishi back to speed in India. Don't think this is going to happen anytime soon. Unfortunate, because they make some truly amazing cars!
Old 18th January 2010, 18:51   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think HM has itself accepted that Mitsubishi won't sell in India (or that they can't do the job). Reason? The flagship Mitsubishi showroom - the only one worth its salt in Mumbai - was recently given off to Mercedes Benz. Realise this showroom was company-owned and sold Mitsus since the time of the Lancer. Not selling cars, might as well make some money from rent, wot? Think about it.
No I believe it was given away to make place for a new facility in the new auto hub of mumbai, Worli.

Don't have details now but will post when information trickles through.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:03   #29
BHPian

Mitsubishi has got great cars & very well engineering background to back it up

But the sad story is as follows:
  • Mitsubishi does not has any financial stake in HM & infact it is HM which is so called marketing the product & manufacturing some in Complete form rest in CBU.
  • The margin enjoyed by HM is also good & I think more than what Mitsubishi is enjoying, they good thing that can happen is Mitsubishi might buy a stake in HM as per the speculations some time back & if that happen than we might see some changes on similar lines that of fiat India.
  • End of the day Mitsubishi has great product even the one available in India,the current Cedia is a great Car but the fact is world is very dynamic & infact Automobile market in India is blooming so the time is to bring new product with right price,Right Support,Right service as it is all the right things that make a company great not just one department – which is true for all companies.
  • I hope to see Mitsubishi’s share in HM.
Old 18th January 2010, 20:08   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Mitsubishi's fading is surprising since the Japanese govt also had mandated Mitsubishi (among other Jap industries) to prioritize their growth in India owing to some favorable agreements with the Indian govt for Japanese businesses(dont remember details).

I also recollect their non-show in the Auto Expo ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks