Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2005, 21:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhay... I'm just heading to read your review and I totally agree with you on the fact that there are a few members here who'd bad mouth / comment on anything and everything that they want, even without knowing an iota of truth about that vehicle, like its their birth right or something... I hope you have no hard feelings over what I wrote...

But most people who do give sensible advise or valuable suggesions are those who know the stuff and that you can see from what they write and how.... right?

Well, I'm secretly hoping the petrol version of Indica shouldn't disappoint me should I buy it.... Atleast i've narrowed my options down to 3 cars now....

Btw, does anyone have an idea if the DIESEL INDICA is going to sport a CrDi or DICOR engine option soon??? Its already happened to the Safari and Indigo..... So whats left????
[apart from Sumo Victa, that is....]

Laters... Have Fun

AK
Old 11th August 2005, 22:20   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Well, I'm secretly hoping the petrol version of Indica shouldn't disappoint me should I buy it....

Btw, does anyone have an idea if the DIESEL INDICA is going to sport a CrDi or DICOR engine option soon??? Its already happened to the Safari and Indigo..... So whats left????
The only, only place where the Indica petrol or any other petrol car can possibly hurt you (rather your wallet) is in running costs if you drive a lot. So, if you even feel that your running is going to increase substantially down the line and if fuel costs are important to you, don't think twice and go in for the diesel version.

I don't think the Indigo has been DICORed yet - that will take a while. If it indeed has, you can buy it without a doubt.
Old 11th August 2005, 23:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

You can add one more. Actually half more! Malayali, that is...

Last edited by v1p3r : 11th August 2005 at 23:41.
Old 11th August 2005, 23:48   #49
BHPian

No probs Ajay !...btw whats is DICOR ? is that CRDi speak for Tata or something else...
Old 12th August 2005, 00:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Abhay, DICOR is Tata's equivalent of CRDi. CRDi is patented by Hyundai and hence, you see tags such as CRDe, DICOR et al.
Old 12th August 2005, 08:04   #51
Team-BHP Support

k_ajay, indigo has not got crd(DICOR) treatment yet. Its a IDI Turbo intercooler engine. Indica may not get a turbo till the end of this year. But then indigo is 522 ex showroom for the LX and does not come in the small car segment.
Old 12th August 2005, 12:10   #52
BHPian

DICOr - Diesel COMmmon Rail injection !! engine - Thats it!!
Old 12th August 2005, 14:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

Your right TSK... I mistook the new SX and GSX versions of the Indigo to be DICOR'd, but it actually isn't so... It still sports the IDI Turbo engine... My mishhtake...

Its sad that the indicar won't get a turbo boost before the end of 2005, thought it would be a nice addition to the car, should I get it... :( and no.. The Indigo cannto be accomodated into my budget.. but thats ok...
Old 12th August 2005, 16:42   #54
BHPian

palio servicing

Quote:
I have a small request from Palio owners in Chennai. [Mr.v_s_natarajan and others]

Can you please post your ownership experiences with regards to:

1. Servicing at the dealer workshop
2. General vehicle problems
3. Experience in dealing with showroom people while buying the palio and while servicing vehicle [sundaram auto]
4. Most replaced parts/ parts that breakdown often
5. general mileage in city driving conditions [wtih ac]
6. Things that I should be aware of and be ready to accept should I wish to own a palio[1.2]

I'm sorry to be so troublesome in nature, but your views would help...

Thanks much!

Ajay Karthick
hi, my experiences.

1.0. Servicing at TVS was no pain. people were courteous and did what was expected.
2.0 I had some rattling which I did not hear but my driver seemsto have heard. Sometimes the Fuel injectors got blocked. The service station take care of that.
3.0 the show room people were very corteous.
4. I did not replace any parts.
5.0 I got an a steady of 9kmpl with A/C in the city.
6.0 you should be aware that the low end torque is very less in Palio and aprt from that, it will just be a breeze.

PM me if you need any dealer specific contacts.

raj
Old 13th August 2005, 01:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lolol sandeep... Your comment was hilarious...
It sure was. Mallus all - the Devil's Own People from God's Own Country...

Quote:
As someone on some other post made sense that even though Petrol and Diesel prices may match in 3-4 yrs from now,
I bought that arguement in June 2002 when I bought my Accent GLS (Petrol). Its now August 2005 and the differential in prices remains constant - so I sold my Petrol Accent and am buying a Diesel Safari.

Go for Diesel, dude.
Old 13th August 2005, 01:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the Devil's Own People from God's Own Country...
he..he... but hey, man...i love my hometown, and i'm a pukka malayali... i hate it when somebody tries to put down us southies....

Quote:
I sold my Petrol Accent
i thought you said you had a crdi...

and karthik, the indigo ls might be a tight fit, but i think it would be better than the indica dlx. so if possible, try to go in for the indigo ls...otherwise, the indica should do just fine...
Old 13th August 2005, 09:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
he..he... but hey, man...i love my hometown, and i'm a pukka malayali... i hate it when somebody tries to put down us southies....
That was a compliment...
Old 13th August 2005, 13:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

99% of Indicas I see in Chennai are Diesel cars.... Every now and then, when I'm driving my bike, I turn around when an Indica goes just to see if atleast a few of them are Petrol... LOL.... i guess i'm going to get knocked down by someone pretty soon....

I guess Diesel it is, for me..... Indica rules, plus some friends here also claimed that it enjoys a high resale value, though i intend to keep the vehicle for a minimum of 4 years.....

Let me wait and see what I'm going to pick....

AK
Old 13th August 2005, 17:57   #59
BHPian

Hey Ajay, Did you check out the Amby Grand Diesel i mentioned.. I loved the vehicle.. Also, check out the new indigo GSX.. An indica/indigo DICOR might be getting out soon enough..
Old 13th August 2005, 20:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
Hey Ajay, Did you check out the Amby Grand Diesel i mentioned.. I loved the vehicle....
Oh yeah, the chicks would love to see you pull up into the coffee shop in an Ambassador diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks