Old 26th November 2009, 14:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
1. Let KB handle the entire repair.
2. Take the car out of KB, buy parts from Daga
3. Take the car out of KB, buy parts from Sheesh
Question:
Have you raised your concern against KB/RoySund on their faces?

If NO:
Keep the rapport up, its gonna cost you so much anyways - might as well get it done @ a place with some @$$ assurance behind it.

If YES:
Screw them, TATA's are the cheapest to repair @ a local garage, get it done, I am sure you will endup saving much more than 25~K. But be ready to Spend a LOT" of time and to&fro trips to the local mechanic...

PS - If its your wifes' only ride - take No chances with a outsider, reliability is something that cant be gambled with' on a lady's ride - I Dont.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
2. Service center labor is normally a little on the higher side. So pls make allowance for that.
6k to 30k is quite a lot of allowance.

Last edited by PhiGolden : 26th November 2009 at 14:48.
Old 26th November 2009, 16:03   #18
BHPian

I must admit that Spare parts at TASC and Authorised dealer are a little more expensive as compared to Non-authorised dealers of similar parts and there is a reason:

1. A lot of Tata spare part manufacturers circulate parts in market at lower cost as opposed to Tata distribution because you effectively cut down on margins paid to Tata Distributor, Tata Dealer and Tata Motors itself.

2. A lot of parts of Tata (for that matter, any company) also end up in 'grey' market and hence are cheaper due to eviction of State and Central Taxes.

3. Even holograms of TGP are easily copied so you can never be sure of such parts. Usually, a TATA dealer / distributor would not keep such parts due to stringent measures at TATA, and believe me TATA has one of the most evolved softwares to track stocks at all dealers and match same with customer billing.

As for Labour, I wouldn't worry about it much because it is covered wholly by the insurer and hence would not bother me !
Old 26th November 2009, 16:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
In the last part, I require your advice. I have 3 choices left now, please advise which one I should take.

1. Let KB handle the entire repair. Saves me a lot of hassle, they will repair the car, call insurance over and take money directly. I'll only have to pay the difference. Only problem is, I'll be paying almost 30K out of my own pocket and I'll know I've been overcharged.

2. Take the car out of KB, buy parts from Daga and get it repaired by my own mechanic. In this case, the total cost will come to 50K (40K for parts + max 10K for labour). Insurance will pay entire labour and whatever applicable on parts, but I'll still have to pay 25-30K out of my pocket.

3. Take the car out of KB, buy parts from Sheesh and get it repaired at my own mechanic. Total cost will come to max 30K (18K for parts and 10K for labour). Only problem is, insurance will pay almost nothing for parts. That means I'm still paying maybe 25K out of pocket.

Wattado?
Buddy I know how you feel. I've been in a samilar position in a different context. The best thig at this point is to minimise your costs - present, future, direct and indirect.

Lets divide the total cost into -
Present: Your current outgo is more or less same in all three cases - 25-30k. Provided all your sources are reliable and have given you conservative quotations.
Future: Since you are claiming insurance in all three scenarios, you are bound to lose the NCB next year. Any other future cost will emanate from incomplete or substandard repair done now.
Direct: Present and future costs plus incidental expenses like transportation, lost income because of time spent attending the repair, towing etc.
Indirect: The cost of going through all the hassle, irritation and most importantly peace of mind.

Now look at each factor and decide what works out the best for you.

In my opinion, letting the A.S.S handle will cost you the least in total. You are reasonably sure of good workmanship and reliability of repair. There are least chances of malpractice (swapping working parts, plonking in fakes etc.). Your car is already with them, so the least hassle and time. Also beware of local garages who are notorious for under quoting to get the job and charging you more once they have opened up your car.

My two cents is -go with the A.S.S and utilise your time and energy in something more pleasant
Old 26th November 2009, 16:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what you said @bullinb.

@preds, go with KB, given that for all 3 options you are spending similar amounts. It's a lot less hassle.

And I'll also reiterate, that ladies'/kids' rides should be reliable. Do not compromise on that factor. Stick to authorised service centres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks