Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2005, 20:17   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Factor
I own an Ikon Flair 1.3 Rocam , get about 10kmpl with AC in City , recently while travelling on the Mumbai - Ahmedabad Highway got 14.5 kmpl witth AC, 5 ppl on board & boot filled to the brim.

Although most of my friends with palio 1.6 complain of an FE of abt 8-9kmpl.
Hey,The X Factor
Your friends complaining about the Palio 1.6's FE are very much correct as my Palio S10 1.6 returns only 7-8 kmpl in city, which is at times very disgusting, but I will not at all want to split with my Palio S10 becase of immense driving pleasure that it gives, which is even better than some of the cars above 10 lakh price-tag.
Old 6th December 2005, 20:52   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

the mileage is dependent on the driver and swift is the most fuel efficient cars around,one can easily strech it to 13-14kmpl in metro driving conditions and can easily reduce it to 7kmpl.
Old 6th December 2005, 20:54   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

lower cc doesnot always translate into better mileage take for example palio1.2 and swift1.3 ,honda 1.5.
Old 7th December 2005, 10:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
lower cc doesnot always translate into better mileage take for example palio1.2 and swift1.3 ,honda 1.5.
Whats the mileage for Palio 1.2 within city limits? Swift 1.3 on an average gives 12 KMPL and may be Honda 1.5 gives 10 KMPL.

Paharino1 has mentioned that his sienna 1.6 gives 11-12 which is inline with Swift. Is this an expectional case? By and large is it not more the CC lesser the mileage?
Old 7th December 2005, 10:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
BTW anyone has any idea which oil is used at Maruti's service stations
Jimmy, Maruti has approved different brands and grades for different cars. However, choice of brand is left to individual service centres, so long as it's approved by Maruti. For example, Vitesse (Mumbai) uses Castrol while Navnit (Thane) uses Shell.
Old 7th December 2005, 11:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Jimmy, Maruti has approved different brands and grades for different cars. However, choice of brand is left to individual service centres, so long as it's approved by Maruti. For example, Vitesse (Mumbai) uses Castrol while Navnit (Thane) uses Shell.
Ms,

Thanks for the reply.

Any idea about the grade of oil used for the Baleno and the swift.

I want to tank both up (Especially the Baleno) with the Mobil1 Supersyn. Will this be better than the oil they put. I called up the service station and asked them if we can provide our own oil- but they said no.
Any idea if Maruti allows this? (in which case i could take the service station folks to task)

Sorry for being
Old 6th April 2007, 15:20   #52
BHPian

I think this is all trash. On average Swift returns,

City - 12 with AC
Highway - 16 or so with AC

People who got 9 kmpl were rash drivers and they ripped the Swift's engine to the max probably.
Old 6th April 2007, 15:27   #53
BHPian

I agree with Tech, somebody had told me the same thing about swift so I tested the one I have, it is consistenly giving around 12-13 KMPL in the city with the AC on.
Old 6th April 2007, 16:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Mymy. Can't believe this thread hasn't seen action the whole of 2006 ! Time does fly.

I've got similar feedback from my friends. Haven't heard of anyone reporting 8-9kmpl.
Old 6th April 2007, 16:57   #55
BHPian

should it not be higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
I think this is all trash. On average Swift returns,

City - 12 with AC
Highway - 16 or so with AC

People who got 9 kmpl were rash drivers and they ripped the Swift's engine to the max probably.
With similar driving habits and probably more aggressive driving I get about 11.5 KMPL for Petra. Is Swift not expected to be more Fuel Efficient.
Old 6th April 2007, 17:01   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
With similar driving habits and probably more aggressive driving I get about 11.5 KMPL for Petra. Is Swift not expected to be more Fuel Efficient.
we are not discussing swift vs petrol here, lay off!!
Old 6th April 2007, 17:05   #57
BHPian

Well someone is obviously ripping the Swift to get only 8-9 Km/l. I have a 9 Month old Zxi and I get 16 with 30-35% A/C usage. I commute from Delhi to Gurgaon so I do get open stretches but even I was surprised with 16. Awesome is the word!
Old 6th April 2007, 17:24   #58
BHPian

You better not be rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
we are not discussing swift vs petrol here, lay off!!
You better lay off for being rude. There was no hint of Swift vs Petra. My point is a vehicle with lower power and weight is supposed to be better is it not ?
Old 6th April 2007, 17:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Sreenivass,Why did U bring up Petra into a topic which talks about Swift and its mileage?
I notice with some palio users that almost every post of theirs has something to do with the Fiats. Y???
Old 6th April 2007, 17:50   #60
Team-BHP Support

lolz.. i also forgot to add a smilee at the end of last post..

on to the topic: swift is not a very light car per say (1000kg approx) and its powered by 1.3 l engine which at times dont do justice, so in the hands of some can actually drink more

my equation is, heavier car with bigger engine can be more FE VS heavier car with smaller engine (where engine might be overworking)

again swift gearing is tall, so if ur a performance enthusiast you will gas more, but has decent power to lug at low rpm for normal drive which in turns gives it good mileage if the drive is sedate

i think enough and lot times doubt has been discussed before also, lets debate again
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks