Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 11:48   #46
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
The story dealers are using is "A customer who booked the car is willing to sell it at 3 lacs plus. I will talk to him if you are interested"

This is called daylight robbery. Toyota is obviously sleeping
They way out is us not being interested in such a car. A reregistered car means lesser value, and wasted tax, and if the name is changed then Toyota should be easily able to catch the dealer as if a customer cancells the booking has to go to the next guy in line.

I think this extra payment is required only by those who want in less than 3 months, if you are prepared to wt 3 months, then there is no issue.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:51   #47
DKG
Senior - BHPian

What's the inside story on when the deliveries ease up? I hope I can get one before March
Old 4th December 2009, 12:02   #48
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The story dealers are using is "A customer who booked the car is willing to sell it at 3 lacs plus. I will talk to him if you are interested"

Actually this it does not make financial sense for the buyer to buy a reregsitered vehicle, if it is already alloted and registered by one buyer and if the name is changed, Toyota can easily find out. Infact if a buyer backs out the allotment should go to the next in line.

This carze would be for those who cannot bring themselves to wait 3 months, by when they would get alloted the vehicle anyways.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:05   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The INNOVA sells for 9 to 13 lakhs, and the amount of kit you get for 13 lakhs is simply amazing. Its easily worth a few more lakhs, but TOYOTA would kill the car by pricing it high, so it is absorbing the loss.

The FORTUNER is nothing but a reskinned INNOVA. It does not cost almost double the price of an INNOVA.
You can be pretty sure Toyota wont be making any loss on its best seller in India. That is not the way Toyota or any decent manufacturer operates these days.

Though Fortuner is based on Innova platform does not mean it costs just the same. And as a fact they are charging only around 50% more than the Innova V.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:09   #50
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually this it does not make financial sense for the buyer to buy a reregsitered vehicle
No obviously its just a con story. The cars are very well available unregistered and the dealers try this story to get the extra money
Old 4th December 2009, 12:14   #51
BHPian

Premium on the Nano too!

Yesterday, I spotted a Nano top end at the Premier Seconds showroon in JP Nagar, bangalore.

Out of curiosity, enquired the price... he said the owner is expecting 3 lakhs!! Mint fresh, straight out of the showroom, driven for only 500 kms.

This reminds me of the M800 that used to command about 50K premium in the seconds market in the 80s.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:37   #52
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Yesterday, I spotted a Nano top end at the Premier Seconds showroon in JP Nagar, bangalore.

Out of curiosity, enquired the price... he said the owner is expecting 3 lakhs!! Mint fresh, straight out of the showroom, driven for only 500 kms.

This reminds me of the M800 that used to command about 50K premium in the seconds market in the 80s.

Now that's a joke. 3L for a Nano - The owner and the dealer both have gone bonkers.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:59   #53
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend I know just picked up a Fortuner Mica Grey (rarest of the 5 colours)
1) Delivery in 1 day
2) Premium number provided within 1 day (on a weekend) while the registering officer was out of station.
3) City was Goa.
4) On Amount Paid - Nil

Things get rolling out of turn for people with contacts and VIP's.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:18   #54
BHPian

@ACM: You said it yourself, people with 'right contacts' do get away with certain 'previleges'....

I think the situation is likely to ease up a bit once the wedding season is over. moreover TKM is likely to restart the bookings in feb/march'10.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:33   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Its not Toyota's responsibility to take care of who gets the car after a sale has been made, The only method to curb this practice is to supply enough number of cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Now that's a joke. 3L for a Nano - The owner and the dealer both have gone bonkers.
The figure i have heard here in Delhi is 70,000 Rupees Premium for a Nano.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:34   #56
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota is reopening the bookings for the fortuner in Jan for a Limited Period with deliveries scheduled from April 2010 onwards.

Advt. in today's TOI.

Scared of the Indicruz effect?
Good news for those who have already booked - implies they will finish of all current bookings latest by March end.
This is a new trend - open bookings for a week or so and then go to sleep for 3-4 months.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:06   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@ACM:

I am sure a certain percentage of the 6000 odd bookings generated for the Fortuner are speculators as well hoping to milk the people who are desperate to drive the fortuner at 2 lakh premium.

Once the hype dies down I am sure the premium and 6 month waiting period will disappear too.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:09   #58
BHPian

I'm pretty sure they already had the capability to finish off the bookings earlier, but were just cashing in by demanding premiums. I guess people were not prepared to pay the outrageous premium and must have cancelled their orders which is what may have caused them to reopen bookings.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:39   #59
BHPian

It could be partially the Indicruz effect. But overall TKM would be keen to encash this height of popularity of Fortuner by garnering maximum bookings after which they may even think of increasing the production nos.
Moreover, going by the interview of Toyota MD in today's HT, it does seem that they are very serious about the India market and would not like to get down to business of increasing the nos.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:07   #60
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota does seem serious about the Indian market, but the delay in the first lot deliveries would not have benifitted Toyota at all, rather the errant dealers who placed speculative orders would have benifitted.

It is hard for most to take a call on ordering a car with a 4 month lead time. At least I am not that kind of a guy. So not having the car ex-stock would affect at least some business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks