Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 17:08   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
uh oh.... as far as I know Jazz isnt a limousine. Linea isnt Cramped compared to Jazz.
Fiat Linea Rear Legroom: 860 mm (from autocar)
Honda Jazz Rear Legroom: 870 mm (2009 Honda Fit Specs)

Bear in mind I havent included the front legroom here. Of all we know Linea might turn out to be more spacious overall.
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't seem to have compared Jazz to a limousine.

Well, belief is one thing and checking them out personally is quite another. Please sit in Linea and Jazz one after another and judge for yourself - you don't have to believe me.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
i don't think the question was anything wrong. There's a buyer, he has 7.5L and both comes around that price. So he asks which one should i buy?
Correct. Most often than not people are confused due to similar price points of cars belonging to various segments. I have faced queries like SX4 VS Xylo, Safari VS G3HC, Innova VS Civic.

Here, out of Jazz and Fiat Linea, I would have suggested Jazz over Fiat Linea considering requirements. If it would be lot of highway driving car, definitely its would be Linea, but not for city driving and occasional highway stints. The 1.2 of Jazz is nice, space is quite good and dimensions are compact compared to Linea. Also turning circle dia is less than Linea.

All this depends on requirements.
Mainly highway driving with occasional City driving : Linea
Mainly city driving with occasional hidway driving : Jazz.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:54   #48
BHPian

I think it's a fair comparison. I was looking at the 8L range and compared Jazz with Linea. The Linea won hands down-loads of features, better handling, better looker and a boot that accomodated a golf bag. And I am quite happy with the Fiat/Tata A**. And a lower price.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't seem to have compared Jazz to a limousine.

Well, belief is one thing and checking them out personally is quite another. Please sit in Linea and Jazz one after another and judge for yourself - you don't have to believe me.
What makes you think I havent checked them out in person? Apart from more headroom, I dont think Jazz is any more spacious than the Linea.

Kindly proofread my post again, I said Jazz isnt a limousine so that Linea is cramped when compared to it.
Old 30th November 2009, 19:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

why Jazz?

Jazz and Linea? Did the buyer say that he wanted to a car which cannot be cheaper than 7L OTR and not more than 8L and which does not have features provided than cars cheaper than it and can be considered a failure by Honda standards? Maybe that's why Jazz was suggested. Else I would suggest I20 to anyone where Fiat/Tata A.S.S. is not up to the mark.

Last edited by asr245 : 30th November 2009 at 19:26.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What makes you think I havent checked them out in person? Apart from more headroom, I dont think Jazz is any more spacious than the Linea.
Well that's one to the Jazz. And the Linea's rear headroom is seriously poor.

Besides, the legroom measurements don't always tell the full story. High seating sometimes makes up for lower legroom leaving a larger person more comfortable, even if the legroom is measured to be less.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
loads of features
There is no point if they come with bad quality. Jazz interior quality is way better than linea.
Quote:
better handling
Not sure if jazz is bad this area. else where it comes with that 1.5 engine. So it should be more than capable of handling that 1.2.
Quote:
better looker
not that jazz looks any bad, but yes linea wins.
Quote:
a boot that accomodated a golf bag
Thats a joke right?

Please refer to the following pic from GTO's review thred.

I am not even sure you bothered to check out a honda show room before making any of the above comments.

Last edited by gkrishn : 30th November 2009 at 20:47.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:01   #53
BHPian

Its a choice between devil and deep sea, I dare say. With Jazz you are likely to generate feelings like: Oh, He's got a lot of money to throw around." and with Linea you can generate like," Oh what a dumbo, did he not know horrible stories about Fiat?" It is your money friend, and buy what you feel will give you sufficient peace of mind. Both vehicles have their pros and cons and none is a perfect buy. Nobody can evaluate your requirements better than you.

P.S.: No offense to anyone.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:16   #54
J.Ravi

Well-said, NutsNBolts: I find, such threads, instead of pure technical discussions based on facts and figures, usually degenerate into personality clashes, leading to unpleasant exchange of avoidable emotional outbursts!

Old 30th November 2009, 22:21   #55
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
@UKR, a point by point response to this will become another brand war, so let me stop short of that.
On the contrary, a point by point response will help the thread starter know why you are saying what you are.

Quote:
Jazz does most of the things right while Linea outperforms in some and underperforms in many.
Beg to differ.

Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind though that with Jazz, you will end up with *much* better ownership experience in many aspects (in city driving, parking, large space inside, better FE for a petrol car, after sales service are some of them).
Since you have decided to contradict your earlier statement by specifying positive points on Jazz, to keep it fair I would like to mention that Linea has cheaper spares, loads of features, good build quality(body), longer service intervals, good fuel efficiency for a C+ sized car to mention a few.

Quote:
The assumption here is that a person has the budget to go for Jazz, so let us not discuss the price. (It is ridiculously priced anyways)
No offense meant to anyone but having the budget doesn't mean it has to be squandered for buying an underspeced, under featured, underpowered and overpriced car just because of the badge. Lets leave the Linea here, if we are looking for a hatch, then why not the i20?

Quote:
ET, that's relative. Linea IS cramped compared to Jazz.
Yeah right !!!
Old 30th November 2009, 23:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

[quote=UKR;1608816]
No offense meant to anyone but having the budget doesn't mean it has to be squandered for buying an underspeced, under featured, underpowered and overpriced car just because of the badge. Lets leave the Linea here, if we are looking for a hatch, then why not the i20?

AFAIK, The Jazz is not underpowered and is quicker than the Linea. But yes, it is definitely overpriced and not VFM like Linea.
Old 1st December 2009, 08:50   #57
BHPian

I own a Jazz. Take it from me, it's the IDEAL city car.

Spacious to the point that you feel lonely while driving it alone.

Light (super light) steering makes it ridiculously easy to get around amidst a stream of 2-3- and 4 wheelers
And at the same time, the steering is nice and firm on the highway when you do take it out.

The engine is ok. Bottom range grunt is poor but well compensated after 3K rpm. Plus being an iVtec it sounds nice too! Mileage is at around 11-12kmpl.

If you want a more 'involving' car though, the stereotype holds true. Buy the Linea.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Let me try to put an objective comparison

Value For Money
Price (Ex Show Room Bangalore; Source company websites)
Linea - 7,26,595/-
Jazz - 7,50,000/-

Linea - Offers features like Climate Control, Alloy wheels, Rear A/C vents
Blue & Me and fog lamps that are absent in the Jazz. Moreover Linea would
command more respect in India as it is a sedan. Most people will not be able
to distinguish a premium hatch from a normal hatch and Jazz is not stunning
by any standards.
Hence Linea wins here

Looks
Linea wins here. In fact IMO, it is the best looking sedan in that price range.
Interior space.
Jazz wins here. I have travelled in a Linea and found the rear to be cramped.
Ride
Linea wins here (Source reviews in various mags).
Handling
Linea wins here (Source reviews in various mags).
Engine
Jazz wins here. I have driven the petrol Linea and the engine lacks power and refinement.
It is not responsive and sounds bit coarse. Jazz will be more fuel efficient.
Ownership experience.
Jazz wins here because Honda cars are known to be more reliable and *** is better than Fiat.
To summarize. Linea wins in the following areas.
Value for Money
Looks
Ride
Handling
Jazz wins in the following areas
Engine
Interior Space
Ownership experience
IMO Jazz will make more sense to people who already have a sedan for highway use and are looking
for a second car for city use. For others, Linea makes more sense even for city use.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Let me try to put an objective comparison

Value For Money
Price (Ex Show Room Bangalore; Source company websites)
Linea - 7,26,595/-
Jazz - 7,50,000/-
Very good comparison, but is the price of Linea correct? You won't get the E+ with Blue&Me etc for the price right? I guess you should give the Ex-showroom price of E or E+ against the price of top-end Jazz model.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

The Ex showroom ( New Delhi ) price for Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack is Rs. 7,23,991
whereas, the Ex showroom price for Jazz Active is 7,33,000.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed