Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 23:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The war has raged in so many threads between the ANHC & Linea!

I would hate to see another...
Oh I was ignorant on that topic.Din't intend to start a war on this issue .I respect both these brands.
Peace
Old 29th November 2009, 20:36   #17
BHPian

Jazz is practical. Linea is more impressive..(snob value when compared to a hatchback as perceptions in India go.)
Old 30th November 2009, 00:23   #18
BHPian

Personal Experience:

I had similar budget. I TDed both Jazz and Linea among others. Can't say about others (individuals) but space, features and looks and VFM of Linea scored much higher for me. I somehow can't digest so steep price of Jazz. Another thing i realized over the years- as a customer in India, you won't get absolute peace of mind, whatever you pay. If one is bad other can be very bad and that's it. When you go to buy Honda, salesman tries to judge your profile (or 'aukaat' - Job, company, income etc.) and in Tata/Fiat showroom nobody cares about your profile.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:48   #19

Ohh linea no doubt. I say this as I drove it across a long distance recently and was COMPLETELY floored by it
Old 30th November 2009, 08:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Personal Experience:

I had similar budget. I TDed both Jazz and Linea among others. Can't say about others (individuals) but space, features and looks and VFM of Linea scored much higher for me. I somehow can't digest so steep price of Jazz. Another thing i realized over the years- as a customer in India, you won't get absolute peace of mind, whatever you pay. If one is bad other can be very bad and that's it. When you go to buy Honda, salesman tries to judge your profile (or 'aukaat' - Job, company, income etc.) and in Tata/Fiat showroom nobody cares about your profile.
Slightly OT. One of these days I should go to a Honda showroom. I have been hearing a lot about Honda snobbishness. I have a weakness when it comes to Japanese cars. I really can't believe Honda showroom people judge you.

The more I thought about the matter at hand, I say buy the Linea. Wait till Jan though, the new engine option might be provided.
Old 30th November 2009, 08:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

First of all, I think the question asked on that channel was cooked up. We all know Jazz is doing bad at sales.

@lejhoom, You are confused about which car to buy, but those channel guys got you confused in the wrong way!! I'd suggest, clear your head first, decide whether you want a a premium full sized hatch or a sedan. Then look for the options.

Last edited by clevermax : 30th November 2009 at 08:51.
Old 30th November 2009, 08:49   #22
BHPian

Practicality, Awesome Interiors, Great Space, Spot-on Ergonimics - Jazz

Awesome Exterior (looks), Loads of features, Cramped Interiors, Suspect A.S.S - Linea

Pick your choice!
Old 30th November 2009, 09:28   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the question is fiar and I would choose the Linea between the two. Even if it is required as a second car for the wife then too the rear boot would make it safer than the jazz. Plus the features and space beats the jazz as well - leave alone the italian looks to die for.

The Linea any day, but if you do not wish to spend the money unnecessarly go for the top model Punto empotion pack it serves most of the purpose of the Linea except for the boot and is very stable as well.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
What do you think?
What exactly are we discussing here? After reading the thread- I'm lost on the purpose of this thread.
  • Honda v/s Fiat?
  • Sedan v/s hatchback?
  • Linea better than Jazz?
  • Why i20 wasn't considered?
  • Editor's biased intentions?
  • Fair comparison or not?
The editor was given a budget (With usage suggesting petrol cars), he gave his choice of which is a better buy!

I wonder when Fiesta, SX4 etc will get pulled in to the list!
Old 30th November 2009, 10:39   #25
BHPian

Was that a music show to feature a VJ (Video Jockey) ? Well the comparison was itself wrong. But his recommendation to buy a Honda was good. Reliable and spacey though a hatch. Had the VJ compared a Punto to a Jazz would have made sense but then the Jazz would still win.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Slightly OT. One of these days I should go to a Honda showroom. I have been hearing a lot about Honda snobbishness. I have a weakness when it comes to Japanese cars. I really can't believe Honda showroom people judge you.
Hey why not have a new thread on this ? Its a good topic to discuss for sure.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:53   #27
UKR
BHPian

AnonymousCoward,
Would like to add some points which you seem to have missed,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Practicality, Awesome Interiors, Great Space, Spot-on Ergonimics - Jazz
add to this, snobbish salesmen, arrogant service advisers, expensive spares, spartan features, just enough power, fuel efficient, no boot and finally on the price, saying that the price is on the higher side would be an understatement.

Quote:
Awesome Exterior (looks), Loads of features, Cramped Interiors, Suspect A.S.S - Linea
add to this, good build quality(body), excellent ride and handling(both low and high speed), good fuel efficiency, long service intervals, power is just sufficient but not a pocket rocket.

Quote:
Pick your choice!
Now pick your choice!!!

But as Clevermax said, it would be good if you could decide whether you want a sedan or a hatch, before doing the comparisons.

Cheers,
UKR

Last edited by UKR : 30th November 2009 at 10:55.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:59   #28
BHPian

that overdrive dude has been smitten by the jazz! and probably a little biased!! he also said that it was the best hatchback in the country hands down!!

well both cars are great! but it depends really what are you looking for really as he said!

Honda jazz - hey if you already have a car like civic or corolla or an accord at your home buying the jazz makes sense as it can be a great city car! for your son, or you wife whatever!! its more fuel efficient of course and refined! now about the boot thing!! jazz has more than enough space. its just great engineering by honda!

Linea- on the other hand i would feel safe if i was in a Linea on a highway trip!! it may be a lil bit hard in the city to drive around!! but hey its a full blown sedan which should be in the D segment but its in the C segment!! also the features you get in the Linea are are of d segment cars! its only the engine which not the focal point or the USP of the whole package but the overall package is just awesome and makes up for it!

end of the day what would you buy a cool mini - mpv. or best looking sedan which i might add looks like its worth 15 lacs if you look at it in a neutral way!

Last edited by Caramelo : 30th November 2009 at 11:06.
Old 30th November 2009, 11:13   #29
MCR
BHPian

I feel the question is fair consideing the price band is almost the same. A similar point appered in my mind just before I decided on Punto. I was comparing Swift Dzire VDi with Punto Emotion. I would not like to comment on the answer given by Overdrive.

OT :There has been a lot said about Fiat After Sales service, but I think this is just a mass hysteria at work. I have seen and heard people talking about After sales service even without owning the product nor experiencing the troubles first hand.Fiat cars are show stoppers where ever they go and I spotted atleast 15 Fiat cars on the Chickmagalur- Mysore highway yesterday. Also had an oppurtunity to speak to a fellow Fiat owner at Bhadra Stop Coffee shop and he was absolutely fine with Fiat After sales service. A friend who owns a Maruti mocked at my Fiat saying that service is not available every where. My answer : "Is the reliability of Maruti so hopeless that it requires a service station every 15 kms"?
Old 30th November 2009, 11:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I feel the question is fair consideing the price band is almost the same. A similar point appered in my mind just before I decided on Punto. I was comparing Swift Dzire VDi with Punto Emotion. I would not like to comment on the answer given by Overdrive.

OT :There has been a lot said about Fiat After Sales service, but I think this is just a mass hysteria at work. I have seen and heard people talking about After sales service even without owning the product nor experiencing the troubles first hand.Fiat cars are show stoppers where ever they go and I spotted atleast 15 Fiat cars on the Chickmagalur- Mysore highway yesterday. Also had an oppurtunity to speak to a fellow Fiat owner at Bhadra Stop Coffee shop and he was absolutely fine with Fiat After sales service. A friend who owns a Maruti mocked at my Fiat saying that service is not available every where. My answer : "Is the reliability of Maruti so hopeless that it requires a service station every 15 kms"?

totally agree!! and @ maruti service issue reply to your friend, dont you wanna strangle them when they take pot shots at you!! they are jealous i guess they can't help it!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks