Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2005, 19:52   #1
BHPian

Baleno with new scheme?

I just called up a Maruti dealer for quote on Baleno. The dealer told me the present scheme of 50K discount would be valid only upto 15th Aug. There would be change in scheme then on.
What do you people feel, will there be a better discount or lesser discount? Would it be wise to book it before 15th August? If yes, then how much more is generally negotiable over the tabulated price? Present price quoted for LXI is 6.19L on road + some petty accessories free of cost.

Thanks
Old 12th August 2005, 19:54   #2
bhp
BHPian

i have recently got an baleno some 15 days back at 6.18 lakhs on road bombay and with free exchange of 5 tyres to potenza g III 185 mm.
Old 12th August 2005, 22:55   #3
BHPian

i've seen this deal of 50k for the past 2 months. and everytime u ask them, they say valid only for the next one week to 15 days. typically, the offers are valid for a month (start to end)

if u want to buy the car, then book it for, say, a nominal amount of 10k. tell the dealer tht u would pay the rest of the amount in the first week of the next month after looking at the new deal. if the new deal is better than go for the new deal, else the dealer would (should) allow u to get the car at the old deal (afterall, he is getting to sell a car eventually )
Old 13th August 2005, 09:08   #4
BHPian

@Satan_Crazy, how would the dealer give me the car in the old scheme on paying a token amount? Won't he claim that once the scheme is over, new stock can only be sold with new scheme?

Also, I am afraid, if I buy a car now, are there not chances that the dealer may try to get rif off car damaged in these rains? Baleno is not a fast moving product.
How do I verify that the car is not a damaged one?

Thanks
Old 13th August 2005, 09:13   #5
BHPian

@bhp, can u name the dealer? How much does exchange of wheels translate into rupees? May I know the exact size of new wheels? And did you buy alloys?

Thanks
Old 13th August 2005, 18:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
@Satan_Crazy, how would the dealer give me the car in the old scheme on paying a token amount? Won't he claim that once the scheme is over, new stock can only be sold with new scheme?
I got my baleno the same way. Paid the token amount around about 18th of the month and paid the rest on the 7th of the next month.

Quote:
Also, I am afraid, if I buy a car now, are there not chances that the dealer may try to get rif off car damaged in these rains?
How do I verify that the car is not a damaged one?
You have to take someone who knows a lot about cars with you when you take the delivery. There is a link (will post it when i find it) on new cars delivery checklist. you should probably hunt for it.

Quote:
Baleno is not a fast moving product.
Baleno is highly under-rated. I'm extremely happy though. Last heard, Baleno's sales have picked up a lot lately, especially with the heavy discounts being offered.

satan
Old 13th August 2005, 22:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
I got my baleno the same way. Paid the token amount around about 18th of the month and paid the rest on the 7th of the next month.
But was the scheme same between these two dates?
Old 14th August 2005, 22:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
But was the scheme same between these two dates?
no ... different schemes. had taken the earlier scheme cuz the latter one was not as good
Old 15th August 2005, 23:10   #9
BHPian

Dealers are ready to give best of either month discount + a bit more to ensure the volume. With Tata Indigo SX in the market, with similar tag, Baleno may get indirect competition.
Old 16th August 2005, 09:51   #10
BHPian

Geez!!!! The Baleno is sure costly in Mumbai. I got it on 20th July for 5.57 (LXI) on road in Delhi.
Old 16th August 2005, 10:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Geez!!!! The Baleno is sure costly in Mumbai. I got it on 20th July for 5.57 (LXI) on road in Delhi.
Yes, a mumbaikar is a working partner to the goverment.
Old 16th August 2005, 12:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
Absolutely ..
I was quoted 5.62 OTR in Kolkata for the LXi .. considering 85% finance scheme the total discounts were nearly 90K ..
Old 16th August 2005, 14:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Absolutely ..
I was quoted 5.62 OTR in Kolkata for the LXi .. considering 85% finance scheme the total discounts were nearly 90K ..
90K is too good. Can u break it up?

Here it is 50k dealer discount and 11618/- finance co's cash back.
Old 16th August 2005, 18:54   #14
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
@bhp, can u name the dealer? How much does exchange of wheels translate into rupees? May I know the exact size of new wheels? And did you buy alloys?

Thanks
yeah sure i got the car from spectra motors in goregaon . the size is 185/70/r13 potenza g3 . i didnt buy alloys . the exchange cost for the tyre upgrade was 6950/- which i got them for free as an offer
Old 16th August 2005, 23:52   #15
BHPian

btw, just heard from my dealer today that a new version is baleno is about to be released in about 6 months time ... mostly going to be cosmetic changes to the body. i think the prices of the current models would be reduced further.

s

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks