Team-BHP - Humvee is coming to India! help....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Humvee is coming to India! help.... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7060-humvee-coming-india-help.html)

1. The US Army is using Hummers whereever they go
2. Humvee is derived from ahem, Hummer
3. And (scooop), you can buy Humvees from any GM dealership in India soon,
4. and that makes India is the only country on earth where you can buy the said vehicle over-the-counter in MINT condition.

Gentlemen, let me clarify, the fourth one was my input. I found the first three pieces of fantastic info here: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1191684.cms

The article also discusses ("hate and revulsion among socially-conscious Americans" ?) and points to an anti-SUV site that uses vulgar language to drive itself.

No marks for TBHPians -even the youngest TBHPian is 1000 times better informed than this overpaid correspo- for guessing how the writer of the article did his/her research - just type in HUMMER and HATE in google and see the first result.

dude ...atleast in india the HUmvee at 22L will sell like crazy !
its a new breed of "SUV's" ..it will become a craze here .. so India will be the 3rd third where Hummer will be sold ?

Crazy Indian drivers + HUGE indestructible tank = get the *&@*# outa the way if you see it coming!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (exclamation)

competition for B.E.S.T. busses .....

First of all. Usually Humvee is not the word to be used for the Civilian Hummer. Humvee is used for the Military version. If I am not mistaken, the word Hummer is derived from Humvee not vice versa. As Humvee means - Heavy Mobility multi wheeled blah blah blah!!which is the Hummers original name!!

I would love to see the Hummers on Indian roads. A Rickshaw walas nightmare :D

i second Stratos on the motion of the naming notion!!

As far as the 4th bit of info goes, one can safely debunk that theory.
India is not the only place in the world where one can buy a new Hummer

In fact these vehicles were not avaible to Joe public for ages,
till the point the ole Arnie Schwartznegger wanted to buy one, they told him to bugger off,
but he pestered and pestered them till they gave in and slod him one
and then decided to put it up on the market for civillians with the machine guns removed!!

Quote:

No marks for TBHPians -even the youngest TBHPian is 1000 times better informed than this overpaid correspo-
Quote:

First of all. Usually Humvee is not the word to be used for the Civilian Hummer. Humvee is used for the Military version. If I am not mistaken, the word Hummer is derived from Humvee not vice versa. As Humvee means - Heavy Mobility multi wheeled blah blah blah!!which is the Hummers original name!!
Enuff said. Well said, Stratos

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos

I would love to see the Hummers on Indian roads. A Rickshaw walas nightmare :D

As a matter of fact, that is what I intended with my post. The Humvee is not available for the civilians, except thru junk auctions. Its a military-spec vehicle like the Abrahms M1A1/M1A2 tank. The Hummer H1 was based on the Humvee and the newer versions are based on some other SUV or pickup, whose name I forgot.

The correspondent of ET got it all wrong.

He says, The Humvee is based on Hummer. WRONG
Hummer is what the US Army uses. Wrong again.
And Humvee is going to be launched in India.

This is what happens when a non-petrolhead is assigned to cover auto events. Something like an FashionTV crew is assigned to interview the Dalai Lama...

The only thing I want to know is whether GM is launching th H2 or H3 since me and my dad are Hummer freaks.At 22 lakhs or even 35 it will be a gem to use though the fuel might pose an issue.

Damn,it'd be great to see the Hummer on the Indian streets scaring the taxis and rickies and giving a tough competition to the Best guys. ;)

X

The Hummer gives a FE of 2 KMPL
Plus to park it even, you have to feed 2 litres of gas every Hour.
the flip side you can really flatten out mounds and pot holes in the road.
Best for bangalorites and chennaites where good roads are not there especially to IT- Offices...
The Hummer is almost explosion proof so smokers can throw their butts any where inside.
The A/C is a 4 Ton Carrier one and immediately chills out the insides.
Ofcourse with A/C on Mileage is to to be corrected as per 2L.
The Hummer has a very high re sale value: among scrap dealers.
people can get Rs 100/KG

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Best for bangalorites and chennaites where good roads are not there especially to IT- Offices...
The Hummer is almost explosion proof so smokers can throw their butts any where inside.
people can get Rs 100/KG

Very well put, Natty.

I dont think the Hummer will require cigarette butts to explode - its going to bomb in the market anyway.

If people want big SUV, there are plenty of choices in today's world. Even the worst of those choices will be better than a Hummer.

Its the ugly american on a bad hair day...........

As Clarkson wrote :
Its big, thirsty and American, but love is strange.

Same for me. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
people can get Rs 100/KG

Suits well for our Political mob !!

in a market where buyers in the higher segment look for cars which Stand out and mark your status is sure to make hummer a hit ...
Is it goingto be just the H2 ? i like the brutal looks of the H1 more ...