Sales & market share FIAT INDIA (2007-2008-2009) :

Sales of Fiat cars in India
Attached Thumbnails
Car sales post double-digit growth in Nov; Maruti leads-fiatindia.jpg  

Old 15th December 2009, 18:21   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I'm not too sure of that. The Alto single handedly outsells the combined sales of i10 and Santro. Keeping in view that the i10 is the best seller in this segment that's no mean feat!
Exactly!

Thats why i mentioned the figures excluding Alto. Alto, i believe is in a sub-compact car segment on its own, and currently does not have any serious competition at the price. Keep in mind Hyundai is planning to bring direct competition to the Alto below Santro, and things may/ may not change.

Considering the compact car segment with the similar rivals from both stables (WagonR, Estilo, A-star, Santro and i10), it is clear that Hyundai is gaining market share very aggressively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurian2804 View Post
FIAT cannot pump in millions of dollars for India operations and hope to be bailed out of its troubles by so called enthusiasts.
Isn't that exactly what Yamaha was doing in India? And what happened?

They kept on churning out vehicles that turned away their loyal customer base, and didnt interest the HH crowd as well. Finally, they come out with the R15 and FZ series, enthusiasts, magazines word-of-mouth everything comes together to bail them out.

FIAT has to adopt a similar strategy in India. Punto and Linea were both steps in the right direction, but they went wrong in the execution- quality and in placement of the product and judging their target audiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefiat View Post
Sales & market share FIAT INDIA (2007-2008-2009) :
That graph clearly shows the downward trend!
Old 15th December 2009, 18:23   #48
BHPian

Is it possible to get Porsche numbers esp Cayenne? Also any historical data for the same.

Q7 seems to be segment leader for quite some time now and even better than smaller brother Q5 (quite expected given the price vs perceived value).
Old 15th December 2009, 19:33   #49
BHPian

i20 sales went down by 1358 units MoM when at the same time i10 sales went up by 2537 MoM ! Kind of strange
Old 15th December 2009, 20:02   #50
PCS
BHPian

Please Note That Teana Sold Only 11 Units And Not 97 !!! 97 Is For C Class

Whoever Made The Compilation Chart Of Jan To Nov ! Please Look For Row Mismatch This Can Lead To Wrong Understanding Of Sales Figures!!!

Can Some One Post The Consolidated Chart Again?

Your Complation Has Been Mismatched For Teana And Passat.

Last edited by Dippy : 16th December 2009 at 12:18. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 15th December 2009, 22:36   #51
BHPian

Good work for zen estilo, No car can beat by swift series. Any one can let me know about indica and vista sale.Look out the swift dzire sale is excellent, I have already mentioned about tata manza won't work it out. See the sale figure. Tata should think better than suzuki
Old 15th December 2009, 23:25   #52
mkh
Senior - BHPian

follow up

My post on Oct sales:
My predictions( and this is just mine, probably also a little of my wishes based on my assessment of cars only up to the sedans)
1. Spark to hit higher numbers in the coming months in this segment:
Well seems like the cute little car has still a long way to go...seems like GM took a little hit from the new estilo...the indian consumer still does not give a thumbs up to european styling, prefers the old order from japs and koreans..
2. i-10 to carry its run looks like till maybe the Beat and Figo come along..
Man this is one big big mover- i predict i-10 will post record numbers in sales for hyundai unless some serious challenge comes along, which i doubt as of now. Even though its a tad highly priced, the value for money proposition is whats being lapped up big time..
3. Swift Dzire to be challenged by manza
Lets wait for a few more months...this is really going to be interesting...note that a lot of dzires are waiting to reach consumers so maybe that has an effect on the numbers..
4. Punto is going to get killed unless Fiat top heads sit and really apply their heads
Surprise...punto is picking up...looks like initial hiccups are over..fiat is back in business!!!
5. City..well..no challenge and will carry on this way till someone comes out with a real winner( imagine folks- Linea in the hands of Maruti/hyundai dealer network...THAT would only be a possible contender!)
Another "premium" brand selling high...inspite of better options( linea)
6. i20 will be a cash cow for hyundai, nothing coming soon that would stop its momentum, at least not for 6 months or so..
Surprise again...looks like the waiting period is not helping this one rather affecting it adversely??
7. Linea will save FIATS ship for sure, but not put it where it really deserves to be- which is to challenge the city and rule the segment..another case of under sold car from FIAT big time..
Wish someone would take notice and do something about this fantastic product..

Dec is going to see a surge in Fiesta which otherwise seems to have locked horns with verna and none is clearly a winner amongst the 2.
The sole person to buy a palio should get a cash award from fiat for brand loyalty! lol!
Old 16th December 2009, 12:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Please Note That Teana Sold Only 11 Units And Not 97 !!! 97 Is For C Class

Whoever Made The Compilation Chart Of Jan To Nov ! Please Look For Row Mismatch This Can Lead To Wrong Understanding Of Sales Figures!!!

Can Some One Post The Consolidated Chart Again?

Your Complation Has Been Mismatched For Teana And Passat.
Can you point out the exact anamolies?
Old 16th December 2009, 15:01   #54
BHPian

ref post by me posted at 1239 hrs.

Sorry for the spelling. It actually is: -

Can you point out the exact anomalies?
Old 16th December 2009, 15:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
1. Spark to hit higher numbers in the coming months in this segment:
Well seems like the cute little car has still a long way to go...seems like GM took a little hit from the new estilo...the indian consumer still does not give a thumbs up to european styling, prefers the old order from japs and koreans..
AFAIK all the Chevys sold in India are Koreans.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Karpusv - and congrats on the additional responsibilities. Also thanks to skdking.

Nano beat M800 It was steadily catching up with this decades old car, and it finally did after 5 months. Congratulations to the customer and Tata!

Alto really should really be in the M800/Nano list. Its definitely in not in the same league as i10. I say i10 is the winner here. Once again another old car - WagonR defeated from the top post.

i20 continues to amaze me. Great success for Hyundai!

FIAT is faring very badly. Linea drops to all time low 807 and GP continues to disappoint at 1153.

I am surprised at the comments about Manza. its doing phenomenally well. Its grown from 4801 last month to 5844! Its very close to DeZire. You never know what will happen in the future.

Sx4 is over the inital josh of face lift and the numbers are sliding back again (from 2201 ->1890).

Cruze - is that all it could be. I was expecting it to lead the segment with all that diesel josh and pricing. Maygbe its not as VFM as we consider it to me. Maybe its the lack of auto and manual turbolag.
Old 16th December 2009, 19:22   #57
BHPian

Honda Honda --- knock on the door!

Look at Jazz... its sales numbers are comparable to UVA and Fabia (owing to whosoever decided to put them into same segment for the sales spreadsheet).

Even with those Rs 52,000 freebies the numbers are not looking up.

I hope VW is watching this. And they do not go Jazzy.

I also hope that Fiat is watching this. And they do something timely to Punto. Many prospective buyers left punto for 4 main reasons
1) Dull interiors --- (learn something from Manza)
2) Very bad rear seat alignment for back --- (can the inclination angle not be altered with less than Rs 100 worth of changes?)
3) very less space for rear passengers even when the car is longer than many similar ones -- (common, we dont mind few liters less in the boot because this is anyways a hatch. Steal something from Fabia).
4) Turning radius. Guys... Indian city traffic is not all that organized. And it becomes annoying to find that your car takes much more space to move around.
Old 16th December 2009, 20:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I'm not too sure of that. The Alto single handedly outsells the combined sales of i10 and Santro. Keeping in view that the i10 is the best seller in this segment that's no mean feat!
+1 to your views. Of the nine cars ranging from the 800 and A-Star in that November sales chart, Maruti accounts for 44,549 cars [800-3040, Alto-22012, Estilo-4165, Wagon R-12793 and A Star-2539] , while Hyundai accounts for 21,999 cars [Santro-7265 and i10-14734].

Alto sales have seen a impressive surge from 18,877 in October to 22012 in November, considering the fact that it has only three variants (standard, LX and LXI) in most parts of the country. Many other cars have multiple engine and trim options.
Old 16th December 2009, 22:52   #59
BHPian

Consider this point, esteem used to sell in 1000s only. Now they have a dezire which sells in 5000+ and have a sx4 which sells in 1000. So looks like maruti have their strategy very robust and fine tuned. If somebody have to study management practices then I guess they should study maruti for sure.
Old 17th December 2009, 08:59   #60
BHPian

People opt for Maruti for the sake of safe buy. Good dealer network, strong after sales and services and a fairly reliable product. However Maruti products are feature less products when compared to competition. Hyundai offers much better quality and features on their products. Maruti had its share of success because there was no strong competition in the past. I see Hyundai threatening Maruti's position in future and expect the sales figures of Hyundai to surpass Maruti's
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks