Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 14:28   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Well Done Skoda!
I think their cars are superb - no pun intended here.
They look gorgeous, are pretty loaded, are built solidly, drive well, great FE and performance etc and their quality is pretty much a benchmark for us guys who are used to being fobbed off for years with rubbish.
Their pricing strategy is also pretty good given the features.
Yes Service etc might cause niggles here and there but for the most part I think their vision for India is good and their hearts are in the right place.
Yes also to the fact that the Indian consumer is becoming increasingly mature and is far more discerning than before.
Thumbs UP to Skoda!
Old 4th December 2009, 16:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Laura VRS 2010 ??

Also does anybody know the details of the new Laura VRS ?? Launch details or price ??
Old 4th December 2009, 16:36   #18
BHPian

As per Gaadi.com Skoda is planning to launch Fabia Combi at a price less than Rs 10 lakh next year in the country.
Skoda Fabia Combi | Upcoming Cars | Upcoming cars in India
Old 4th December 2009, 16:40   #19
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Good work Skoda, but does anyone have the exact numbers?? Even though 183% looks to be a very high percentage, it would be too early to comment on the sales unless we know the sales figures.

But i should admit that Skoda has launched beautiful cars in the recent past and have taken competition by surprise. Hope they do the same with the a.s.s.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:12   #20
BHPian

Its a low base effect at work.. Nov 08 was the worst month seen by the Indian auto industry in a long time..

The numbers are in the news items itself
- Nov '08: 504
- Nov '09: 1425

Anyone have Nov '07 figures?

Meanwhile, more meaningful to look at the serial growth, which is not really impressive
- Aug '09: 1463 (1103 in Aug '08)
- Sep '09: 1854 (1213 in Sep '08)
- Oct '09: 1753 ( 887 in Oct '08)
- Nov '09: 1425 ( 504 in Nov '08)
Old 4th December 2009, 17:16   #21
BHPian

Well if the sales number is not very high - then even a small spike in the numbers will cause a huge jump in percentage terms...
Old 4th December 2009, 17:40   #22
BHPian

Do I see another Satyam in the making ?

Nevertheless even though Skoda A.S.S is the worst, their cars like Laura are head turners !
Old 6th December 2009, 01:45   #23
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Also does anybody know the details of the new Laura VRS ?? Launch details or price ??
The head of Media Communications for Skoda India told me that the Laura VRS will NOT be launched in Indian market atleast for the next few years. I take his word for it. AFAIK, they did not bring the Laura VRS (old gen) also to India.
Old 6th December 2009, 08:42   #24
BHPian

Does anybody has the model wise breakup of Skoda November sales?

They make good cars, but many prospective customers have shied away from the brand due to their horrible and very expensive after sales service. Skoda can more than double their sales if they can bring the ownership experience at par with Toyota and Honda
Old 6th December 2009, 09:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
- Sep '09: 1854 (1213 in Sep '08)
- Oct '09: 1753 ( 887 in Oct '08)
- Nov '09: 1425 ( 504 in Nov '08)
That shows a continuous decline in last two months (5% and 19%?), effect of shabby A.S.S despite brilliant cars and new launches?
Old 6th December 2009, 09:28   #26

Hi All,

These sales figures indeed show that inspite of the poor A.S.S provided by skoda in india,indian customers are fast lapping up this good,sturdy and extremely competent car. i think it's time for the authorities in skoda to wake up and realize that they indeed need to provide atleast decent levels,if not the best, of A.S.S because it is an important factor as it does play a significant role in the mind of customers and there are many who,in the end, do not buy the car because of it.

Personally,i am a big fan of skoda and am intending to buy the diesel Laura myself inspite of the poor A.S.S

This proves that "Love it or hate it, you just can't ignore it"

Cheers
Old 6th December 2009, 12:26   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Any specific reason?

Regarding post #11

Fabia is sold in India with poor choice of engines which are not only weak, the diesel is unrefined for this era and petrol does not like indian fuel. This car is sold at much higher price than it deserves.

for reference http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...g-machine.html
Old 6th December 2009, 22:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
The head of Media Communications for Skoda India told me that the Laura VRS will NOT be launched in Indian market atleast for the next few years. I take his word for it. AFAIK, they did not bring the Laura VRS (old gen) also to India.
Oh man that's a real pity . Why on earth won't they launch it in India ?? I bet the only car that sells so well is the Skoda Superb and i bet The VRS is priced close to that. If that's the case i really don't understand why they don't bring it here.
Old 6th December 2009, 23:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Oh man that's a real pity . Why on earth won't they launch it in India ?? I bet the only car that sells so well is the Skoda Superb and i bet The VRS is priced close to that. If that's the case i really don't understand why they don't bring it here.
Heck, the TSI hardly sells relative to the diesel. There's even a thread here asking about the TSI's FE. Its an inescapable fact that fuel economy still matters a lot, even at that price point. If a VRS is launched, there'll hardly be any takers.
Old 6th December 2009, 23:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Fabia is sold in India with poor choice of engines which are not only weak,
Not quite. The specs of the engines may not be awesome, but are no way 'weak'. They produce the some of the best torque figures and are a dream to drive upwards of 30 kmph. The first gear may not be as aspiring.

Quote:
the diesel is unrefined for this era
True. Could be quieter. Wonder why dont they provide with some sound insulation for their diesel engines.

Quote:
and petrol does not like indian fuel.
Wrong again. The 1.4 had issues, but the 1.2 is doing fairly well.
Am yet to see an issue here with the 1.2 engine.

Quote:
This car is sold at much higher price than it deserves.
Not quite.
It is quite VFM as compared to the Swift (example) for what it offers.
Simple compro between the Swift VXi and the Fabia MPI Classic - price diff is about 50k.
For that, the Fabia offers much better space, 2 airbags and a decent music system additional to what the Swift provides. Not to mention the remarkable difference in overall quality and build of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks