Team-BHP - Skoda Auto sales up 183% in November
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Auto sales up 183% in November (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70801-skoda-auto-sales-up-183-november.html)

Quote:

"The launch of the all-new Skoda Superb and the new Laura in the Indian markets have been the main drivers behind SkodaAuto India's record increase in sales. The all-new Superb, in particular, continues to outperform expectations," Skoda Auto India Board Member (Sales and Marketing) Thomas Kuehl said.
"We are considering a price hike between Rs 10,000 and Rs 20,000 on all cars in the coming month. This rise is being considered due to various inflationary pressures and increase in raw material costs," Kuehl said.
Skoda India is a subsidiary of Skoda Auto (Volkswagen Group), a leading car manufacturer in Europe.
The company has a network of 62 dealerships across the country and has sold over 79,440 units since November 2001.
Source : MSN

:Shockked:
Inspite of continued poor A.S.S, Skoda is able to prove good sales.(I do love the vRS)

They might have poor after sales support but they sell Awesome cars(Except Fabia). Plus Skoda has good brand value in india and is considered a luxury brand by most.

The newly facelifted Laura and new Superb are proving to be quite popular with the buyers in the segment. Now that Cruze is not selling in good numbers and Sonata Transform is barely moving off the shelves the diesel segment pie is all taken by Laura

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1614830)
....Plus Skoda has good brand value in india and is considered a luxury brand by most.

The newly facelifted Laura and new Superb are proving to be quite popular with the buyers in the segment. .....

Well actually right now Skoda is perceived as a VFM or affordable luxury brand and not a Premium brand. Most buyers buy the Skodas for the fact that they give great space, specs and equipment for their price.

Cheers,

Skoda's diesel option in the luxury segment might also be a driver of its sales .

Now I'm happy :). Way to go Skoda !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 1615075)
Now I'm happy :). Way to go Skoda !!!

Here is my +1 :thumbs up

The new superb has taken the D segment by storm. It is clearly far superior to the under-equipped accord, which is its only real competitor. It has more features, more backseat legroom, quicker engine etc. The camry is too overpriced and the teana has no market recall.

Way to go Skoda, my all time fav auto brand. Finally, its on the way to where it should have been.clap:

Their A.S.Service may be bad but their cars are lookers.

Skoda is banking less on India and more on China where they have touched 1 lakh in sales this year till October 2 months ahead of their target.
In india till date they are yet to cross this figure, Much catching up to do.
Yeti if priced right will be the one to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1614830)
They might have poor after sales support but they sell Awesome cars(Except Fabia).

Any specific reason?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1614919)
Well actually right now Skoda is perceived as a VFM or affordable luxury brand and not a Premium brand. Most buyers buy the Skodas for the fact that they give great space, specs and equipment for their price.

Cheers,

It is a premium brand in India. May be considered VFM by those who can afford BMWs and Benzs.

I respect Skoda for what they have done in the D segment, broken the monopoly and slapped the Jap in the face. Similar to what BMW did in the luxury segment.
A lot of the previous segment leaders had and still do take the Indian market for granted, you need company's to take bold steps of breaking the market to give customers what they pay for.
And the end of the day, it all pays off. A good product will see you through in the race, be laid back and think your badge is more value than additional features, space or power...take a hike ! Glad to see the Indian market getting bolder and mature !

This is good news, but it presumably is due to the Laura and Superb, they also need to get the Fabia moving and if that requires a price correction then so be it.

numbers matter.

Good for Skoda. I'm happy to see them succeed in our market.

well done Skoda....
inspite of some hiccups Skoda gives in service and spares, its good.
but Skoda should thanks Indians, for the same.
Skoda should realy work on their *** dept..
what say ??