Team-BHP - Car prices all set to increase in January 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Car prices all set to increase in January 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70823-car-prices-all-set-increase-january-2010-a.html)

The dawn of the New Year will be alarming for the car customers as You may have to shell out more for your dream car by early next year as the prices are to increase:Frustrati Automakers like Toyota ,Skoda and General Motors have decided that they will hike prices due to rising input costs and unfavourable exchange rate. The price rise may be in the range of 2-3% and the reasons cited for this hike are higher inputs, exchange rates and investments.The decision has come off after a gestation period with the increase in all round manufacturing costs and the companies are forced to this extent. Toyota Kirloskar Motor said it will increase the prices of three of its models -- Innova, Corolla Altis and Fortuner -- by 1.5 to 2 per cent from January 1 next year.
Quote:

Originally Posted by General Motors India (GMI) Vice-President P Balendran
We will be increasing the prices of our models by 2-3 per cent from January first week to offset rising input costs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyota Deputy Managing Director (Marketing) Sandeep Singh
So far, we have absorbed the increase in total costs owing to the unfavourable exchange rate and increasing input costs. However, now we are compelled to pass on, a part of it, to customers.

SkodaAuto India will raise prices of all its vehicles by 10,000 rupees to 20,000 rupees due to increase in raw-material prices, the company, which makes hatchback Fabia and sedans Octavia, Laura and Superb, said.

Although automakers like Maruti Suzuki India, Hyundai Motor India and Hero Honda Motors say they are not yet decided about the matter, the indications are that most manufacturers will decide in 15-20 days. Maruti is assessing the situation and would go along with other companies, if needed and the company is facing the fluctuation in its margin due to the factors cited for the hike. Now the burden has been passed on to the consumers from the automobile manufacturers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayank Pareek, managing officer (sales & marketing), Maruti
There continues to be pressure on costs due to commodity prices, yen appreciation and Bharat Stage IV (emission norm) compliance for our vehicles. As in the past, our strategy is to absorb as much as possible, for as long as possible

Hyundai Motor India's senior vice president for marketing and sales, Arvind Saxena, also said his company is closely watching raw-material prices.
Quote:

We would see to what extent can we absorb the incremental (raw-material) costs and will take a decision accordingly
Another automaker which may hike prices, depending on whether the yen rises further or not, is Honda Siel Cars India. Last week, Pawan Goenka, president, automotive and farm equipment division, Mahindra & Mahindra, hinted at a price increase at a press conference.
Quote:

We are absorbing costs as much as we can, but if they continue to rise, we may have to pass them on to the consumer
Source:ET and WJS

@MODS:If there is another thread running on the same topic then kindly,attach it to it. I had used search option but couldnt find a seperate topic on the same

Even a maruti salesman was today telling(read forewarning) me about an increase of 2-3% price in January. He also denied information on any year end discounts till now.

Does this mean - making that crucial decision of buying that long awaited new car in Dec rather than Next Year is a no brainer?

2 threads about the same thing?
mods please merge them.
Also now on topic.
What about the other companies, like ford, fiat, n indian companies like mahindra n tata? any news from them?

This may be a scare tactic to get people to buy in December when sales are traditionally slow

There is already another thread on this, mods pls merge.

Update on increase in Fiat car prices from their press release:

Quote:

The initial pricing of both the cars was an introductory offer so as to allow more patrons to experience these great products. Input material costs have gone up substantially and without wanting to burden our consumers too much, the cars will now be available with a price increase of 2-2.5%.

This is probably the only way CArs will sell in December ! These news are just for December Numbers for Manufacturers! Infact i get Deja Vu every december , when i read this news ..

Infact i bought my earlier 2 cars in december , but ofcouse not bcoz of this same news , but i remember being told this :D

My guess! we can ignore these increase in price warnings. Come march, all the manufacturers will provide some discounts and we may any way get a car manufactured in 2010 with the decreased price. So bag the car with all the discounts if you have to go for dec car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastLove (Post 1650176)
This is probably the only way CArs will sell in December ! These news are just for December Numbers for Manufacturers! Infact i get Deja Vu every december , when i read this news ..

Infact i bought my earlier 2 cars in december , but ofcouse not bcoz of this same news , but i remember being told this :D

+1. I just bought a Fiesta in december and when I went shopping I found out that december is the month of Grand Year End Clearance Sale in India (There's even a thread for it!)

BUT looking at the crowd in the showrooms, the supply-demand equation is bound to change in favour of the car makers.

Tata Motors

Tata Motors has announced an increase of Rs. 10,000/- across all variants on Indigo Manza.

Further, Indica Vista will see a hike of around 7,500/-

The price change will take effect from January 01, 2010.

Fiat

Linea and Punto prices increase between 5,000/- and 25,000/-. Also effective around first week of January.

An increase is proposed on various models by almost all the companies... but remember, you will get better resale price for a January 2010 model than a December 2009 one

oh, that means the price rise is coming for real and the recenet hike by TATA and Fiat would mean that other manufacturers would follow the price hike soon :Frustrati

Hello everyone,
This is my first post in Team-BHP. clap:
Coming to the point about the price increase.
Fiat India site is showing that price data is being revised and my dealer has told me that 2010 model production will start from 15th Jan and my car will be delivered around last week of January.
Few points for 2010 make.
-> No interior changed as of now, may be by April 2010.
-> Price increase from 15 to 25k.
-> Dynamic Pk will not be manufactured from now on.
-> January discounts and schemes will not be as good as they were in December.

Please add if you have other information

After Maruti increased its prices now its Hyundai's Turn:Frustrati

Hyundai to hike prices by up to Rs 9,000
Quote:

Hyundai Motor India today said it will hike prices of its products by up to Rs 9,000 to offset rising input costs.The company will be increasing the prices across all models between 1 per cent and 1.5 per cent, HMIL Director Sales and Marketing Arvind Saxena said.

"The maximum hike, however, will be up to Rs 9,000 and it will be effective from February 1," he said, adding that the step was necessitated due to the rising input costs, especially that of commodities like steel.
HMIL sells models, including hatchbacks Santro, i10, i20 and sedans Accent, Verna and Sonata Embera, in the Indian market.
The company's move to increase prices comes on the heels of car market leader Maruti Suzuki India hiking prices of a majority of its models by up to 1.9 per cent last week.

The BMW 320d Highline was 36.47 OTR Mumbai in December. January pricelist demands 37.06 now.