Team-BHP - Need help urgently to get my Innova back [KL-21-A-4819] Rented out, never seen again!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Need help urgently to get my Innova back [KL-21-A-4819] Rented out, never seen again! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70864-need-help-urgently-get-my-innova-back-kl-21-4819-rented-out-never-seen-again.html)

Hi All,
I need some urgent help to get my vehicle back.. [Black Innova-Tinted ,stickers on the body] 3months back I converted my Innova to a taxi permit and given to rent to someone in Ernakulam.I was made to believe that they have tie up with companies and they take vehicles on rent and give it to some other companies. Even though I smell something fishy then and there itself, I had no other option to step back because of some financial crunch which forced me to convert my beloved vehicle to a taxi.

Now they gave me the rent for one month. But since the last month[the due date was 26 of every month], they didn’t turn up. Their mobiles are switched off. The office is opened rarely .And I don’t know where my vehicle is. I will be going to police this Saturday.I came to know that they were using it as a private vehicle .Plese advice me what can I do .

Dear friends I request you to make a note of my vehicle details and if you find it anywhere in kerala please let me know.

Vehicle No: KL-21-A-4819
Black Innova with stickers on it. Tinted glasses.
My no :9567761072

This is pure cheating, you need to take the help of a detective based out of Cochin or the police. Am sure the vehicle can be spotted if the registation number is not changed as in a stolen car.

If the payment you received is by checque the police can trace the account and the account holder address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbmuneer (Post 1615693)
Hi All,
I need some urgent help to get my vehicle back.. [Black Innova-Tinted ,stickers on the body] 3months back I converted my Innova to a taxi permit and given to rent to someone in Ernakulam.I was made to believe that they have tie up with companies and they take vehicles on rent and give it to some other companies. Even though I smell something fishy then and there itself, I had no other option to step back because of some financial crunch which forced me to convert my beloved vehicle to a taxi.

Now they gave me the rent for one month. But since the last month[the due date was 26 of every month], they didn’t turn up. Their mobiles are switched off. The office is opened rarely .And I don’t know where my vehicle is. I will be going to police this Saturday.I came to know that they were using it as a private vehicle .Plese advice me what can I do .

Dear friends I request you to make a note of my vehicle details and if you find it anywhere in kerala please let me know.

Vehicle No: KL-21-A-4819
Black Innova with stickers on it. Tinted glasses.
My no :9567761072

Hey, Wait for a minute.
In my city INDORE there are similar companies running which tell people that ,If we purchase new vehicle and give them for taxi purpose then they will pay a amount of 15000-20000rs per month. and They will also pay the Loan(if taken).
I was also excited to do that. But, i didnot do things without researching on them and after alot of research i found that its not a wise idea to put money in BLACK.
I feel sorry for your vehicle.

If your car is insured, you can claim insurance, right?

What the!!!

Muneer - How can you fall for something like that??? If you approach police, things will get from bad to worse. Because your vehicle (Private) was illegally used for a (Public-taxi) purpose. You will be forced to spend more on bribes and run from pillar to post!!!

Tell us more details like year of purchase, cash or loan? etc etc. I think the only way out is to talk to police with a 'deemed' theft case albeit with lot of more expenses. Sorry for you.

First register a criminal case of theft

Quote:

....I converted my Innova to a taxi permit
Ummm.....that suggests that all was on the up and up...

what do you mean by the car was converted into a taxi permit?? was it re-registered as a taxi? and you must have some written contract from the company?? File an FIR at the earliest and i think you have to inform your insurance company also..

Thats bad news man.

Nevertheless, first register an FIR with the police stating your vehicle was stolen. Next try to find out if any other people had given their vehicles to that company. In case you had a driver for it, he would be the best person to contact.
If you are sure that you are not able to trace anybody who had given their vehicle like you had, the only option is to look for it with the help of Police and others.
Other details like when did you last see your vehicle, where did it usually go to, the fuel pump they used, the service date of the vehicle etc may lead to some clues.:thumbs up

This scam is on prowl in many cities. In my negligent reading of crime corner in local news papers I have read about two such big scams in Hyderabad in the past 6 months.

Sorry to hear about your Innova Muneer... but since you seem to have got the right things done - converting to taxi registration, getting into a contract,... I believe it is time you file a complaint with the police and also inform your insurance company. Or, even better, consult an advocate.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team :
Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

1) IIRC, using your private vehicle as a taxi is illegal. Dont know about this, but back when Sumo was launched, my friend's father suffered due to similar " private vehicle used as taxi " conversion.

2) Going to police is almost meaning less. Once they realize that you are not perfect in your case, they will literally extract the last penny from your bank balance.

3) Generally people like those you are dealing with pay bribe + hafta to police. If this is true for the people you are dealing with, its trouble. Try to get to their office when its open and dont leave office untill you get to know where your car and in what condition. This is the only possible way out.

4) If the car is involved in some accident, police will further eat into money.

OT :
5) God Forbid, but if one faces financial crunch, best is to sell a car rather than give out the car to be used as Taxi. Atleast one is safe.

How all of you come to a conclusion that it is illegally converted. It is done through proper channel only…

Dear friends, If any of you ,by any chance happen to see the vehicle , please let me know…

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbmuneer (Post 1616517)
How all of you come to a conclusion that it is illegally converted. It is done through proper channel only…

Dear friends, If any of you ,by any chance happen to see the vehicle , please let me know…

Muneer sorry to hear about your case.

If your vehicle has been converted into a Taxi through proper channel, then I don't see a problem in you filing an FIR with the police, claiming that your vehicle has been stolen.

Was there any sort of document which you signed when you entered into an agreement with these guys?

Also do you know anyone involved in this scheme personally?

Why not contact Nippon Toyota and see if the vehicle came for service in the near future?

Number noted. Will watch for it.

As the Moderator says, lodge a complaint for theft.

Taking your vehicle illegaly is definitely theft. After 3 months, wait for the Police to file the B Report and then claim your insurance.

Look at the brighter side, you can now buy a FORTUNER