Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 22:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
They still don't Learn

There is tag of "Buy Before Price Rise". I think they trying to match it again with ANHC.
I think they are trying to match it with Fiat 500 price wise and numbers wise too.
Old 4th December 2009, 22:45   #17
oss
BHPian

Honda have been creating niche segments, and managed to enjoy the premium price tag. however as the competition is catching up they are loosing their leadership position in each of hte segments they are operating except for ANHC.

Accord was leading the segment till Superb came along with a wonderfully priced diesel. Civic was ruling the roost till Altis came along and took a large share of the pie.

Jazz unfortunately couldn't enjoy price advantage as Hyundai has already created that segment with i20. Jazz only helped in projecting i20 pricing in the right perspective, and with the launch of diesel i20 became a runaway success.

Alas, they are left with just ANHC now, and let us see how long they are able to lead in this segment.
Old 4th December 2009, 22:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

This definitely is a step in the right direction. Making the JAZZ more affordable would bring the HONDA badge closer since the JAZZ is their cheapest offering.

Feel sad for people who bought the JAZZ earlier
Old 4th December 2009, 22:59   #19
BANNED

Honda's Jazz plan really went wrong with that pricing. It would have been a runaway success if they priced it correctly.

Look at the i20 sales now, its increasing day by day.
Old 4th December 2009, 23:07   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I think its just end of the year stock clearance. If the discounts remains after all the cars made in 2009 the it may be called a price correction exercise.

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th December 2009 at 23:09.
Old 5th December 2009, 03:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Today I saw an ad of Honda Jazz in Gujarati Daily in Ahmedabad. Honda is offering goodies worth Rs. 52000/- with Jazz. Honda is not known for offering such discounts that too in a newly introduced model. (Civic Hybrid was a different case) Is is the beginning of Price Correction ?

Link
i really really hope they just give some kinda of discount on the price instead of take it or leave it goodies offer!! and the level of stupidity is so high!! hot and cold massager oh yeah!! and a tom tom for a navi, and vinyl seat covers worth thousands of rupees!!!

give me the cash honda or better yet reduce the prices!!

honda should reduce the price and give us the benefits of the duty benefits of 1.2 ltr engine!! they are keeping it for themselves in the name of margins

Last edited by Caramelo : 5th December 2009 at 04:00.
Old 5th December 2009, 08:50   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I think its just end of the year stock clearance. If the discounts remains after all the cars made in 2009 the it may be called a price correction exercise.
+1. For all the high pricing they do (And I hate them for that) has Honda ever rolled back prices?

Even for the Jazz it's just throwing mostly useless stuff as worth 52K free goodies.
Old 5th December 2009, 09:11   #23
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
+1. For all the high pricing they do (And I hate them for that) has Honda ever rolled back prices?

Even for the Jazz it's just throwing mostly useless stuff as worth 52K free goodies.
In a way that's a good strategy, as long as they price it correctly in the first place.

It certainly reduces the post purchase dissonance of the owners who bought it at high prices, and also helps keeping the resale value stable.

@kiku007: The question you asked in another thread about what Ford should do to sell large volumes of Figo, they should avoid coming out with frequent price reductions/limited period offers and adding features. That will certainly upset those who bought at higher price, and also will reduce the resale value of the car.

The trick is to price it correctly and stick to the price.
Old 5th December 2009, 10:09   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
In a way that's a good strategy, as long as they price it correctly in the first place.

It certainly reduces the post purchase dissonance of the owners who bought it at high prices, and also helps keeping the resale value stable.

@kiku007: The question you asked in another thread about what Ford should do to sell large volumes of Figo, they should avoid coming out with frequent price reductions/limited period offers and adding features. That will certainly upset those who bought at higher price, and also will reduce the resale value of the car.

The trick is to price it correctly and stick to the price.
You are right. Honda knows that too well and so I don't expect a price correction for the Jazz.

Figo - I passed on your inputs to my peers. Let's see. If only the Fiesta was launched as the replacement for the Ikon and priced sensibly imagine the volumes they'd be doing. But we never know, it's their money and they should be knowing better
Old 5th December 2009, 12:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_carLover View Post
Are we sure if the discount is indeed from the company or a dealer discount? I did not quite get that part from the advertisement.

Please feel free to point me out if I have missed noticing that.

Cheers
mainly from dealer but even dealer would get something from the company as well.Price reduction is what Jazz needs and see the change in their volumes.This is why i20 kappa engine is doing superb and will continue to do so,right price, features offered with good space.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:52   #26
BHPian

Most probably the "52k goodies" will cost 20k, if brought outside. The price rise threat seems hollow, unless they want to completely stop sales ala CRV at one point of time.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:57   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Honda appears to have a misguided perception of its own Premium-ness!

All their cars without exception are ridiculously over-priced.

This coupled with a singular lack of features undermines their value proposition in no mean measure.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Honda appears to have a misguided perception of its own Premium-ness!

All their cars without exception are ridiculously over-priced.

This coupled with a singular lack of features undermines their value proposition in no mean measure.
Honda no doubt has good brand value in India and their cars are priced higher than they deserve to be.

Hatchback is a price sensitive market, And the Jazz is priced at place where most buyers switch to sedans. ANHC is positioned dangerously too close to Jazz.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_carLover View Post
Are we sure if the discount is indeed from the company or a dealer discount? I did not quite get that part from the advertisement.

Please feel free to point me out if I have missed noticing that.

Cheers
The ad was from one of the dealers in Ahmedabad. So I guess it is mainly dealer discount but at the same time i think a dealer can not give such a huge discount without some part being born by the company.

What is the discount situation in other cities... any info on that?
Old 8th December 2009, 15:06   #30
BHPian

I agree with anshuman. This is probably the clearance of the year end stock. I doubt whether they [HONDA] are will to reduce the price.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed