Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 15:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Whether stock clearance or not, 50K is still not enough. The Jazz deserves a price correction of atleast 1.25 lakhs.

Ajmat had mentioned a Renault instance on another thread : In the UK, they overpriced some car. When the market didn't bite, they accepted their goof-up, corrected the price to more realistic levels and sent a voucher to all existing customers. This is the only way for the Jazz to move forward.
honda has a habit of doing this.

Remember similar thingy happened for their hybrid.
I dunno if they refund their customer or not.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

If anyone lives near greater noida, you can see a HUGE stock pileup of the Jazz at Honda plant stockyard.
Yesterday while passing through that plant, I assumed that more than 2000-3000 jazzs must have been parked, awaiting customers.

, felt bad when passing through the defunct Daewoo plant, it was in shambles, BTW is BVR Subbu's argentum motors doing something about it or has it been shelved?
Old 9th December 2009, 20:43   #48
BHPian

Wow, 2000 - 3000 Jazzs.
They have to give atleast a lakh discount, and some good marketing for that discount (which Honda is good at). This will reduce some of the pile, if not all.

Last edited by Car&me : 9th December 2009 at 20:47.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

It so sad the JAZZ has no takers. It is difficult to see Jazz on road in Chennai. Where as 1 20 and Ritz are picking up in good number.Why the Honda failed to access the Indian market before releasing the car. The advertisement marketing technique were very attractive, but it failed totally in Pricing.
Old 9th December 2009, 21:32   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
If anyone lives near greater noida, you can see a HUGE stock pileup of the Jazz at Honda plant stockyard.
Yesterday while passing through that plant, I assumed that more than 2000-3000 jazzs must have been parked, awaiting customers.
Huge stock of 2009 made Jazz means either huge discount or a Price drop is coming. Good news for those in market to buy a premium hatchback.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:09   #51
oss
BHPian

Honda has got itself in a tight spot there with the Jazz. They are anyway making a huge margin on ANHC, so they should go ahead and cross-subsidise Jazz. Ofcourse the price reduction is going to screw the resale value, and the existing customers are not going to be happy.

It will be interesting to see what Honda does next to clear the piled up stock of Jazz.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:15   #52
BHPian

Saw an offer for 1st year insurance for 1 Rs + 7.5 % int rate on the car loan in yesterday's Hindu newspaper in Chennai.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Read some where that there was no Jazz manufactured in the month of Nov 09, as huge inventory of build cars are lying ideal in stock yard....Good to see that.
Honda's pricing strategy deserves a boo from Indian customers....Hope to see some really good discounts in the coming days.. In my opinion the prices should drop by 1.25 to 1.5 lacs to make it viable deal.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Honda has got itself in a tight spot there with the Jazz. They are anyway making a huge margin on ANHC, so they should go ahead and cross-subsidise Jazz.
I think even at reduced price Honda will make money. With i20 showing consistant sales of 4000 + units per month there is huge scope for Honda Jazz. i20 Asta retails at about 6.50 lakhs on road in Ahmedabad. Even if Honda charges premium and retails Jazz at about 7 lakhs on road, then it won't be difficult for them to do monthly sales of around 4000 + units which is double then what they had planned.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:16   #55
BHPian

The best winning price for this 1.2 M/T 2 airbags specced version will be similar to Getzprime Plus 10% for Honda's H badge reliability/brand premium .Total not exceeding Rs. 5.25 lakhs ex showroom for Jazz M/T

for Jazz A/T 1.2 engine , 2 airbags Rs.5.95 lakhs ex showroom price will be the High volume winning price for Honda to consider
Old 10th December 2009, 20:05   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
The best winning price for this 1.2 M/T 2 airbags specced version will be similar to Getzprime Plus 10% for Honda's H badge reliability/brand premium .Total not exceeding Rs. 5.25 lakhs ex showroom for Jazz M/T

for Jazz A/T 1.2 engine , 2 airbags Rs.5.95 lakhs ex showroom price will be the High volume winning price for Honda to consider
This kind of pricing cannot be possible, These days Getz Petrol is available in Delhi for 3.99lakhs ex showroom + Free Registration + Free Insurance + some more free stuff. I think you are expecting too much from Honda.
Old 10th December 2009, 20:14   #57
BHPian

oh boy, if Jazz comes at getz price then I will buy 2 of them.

Wish Honda releases car for people like me :-(
Old 10th December 2009, 20:16   #58
BHPian

^^^^
People Car is already released right !

Das Auto! Folks Wagon. Beetle.

Just kidding. But yeah, if Jazz is priced around i20, that would be a nice competition. I am haggling between Polo & ANHC. Just because of VFM of Jazz. But if it is priced right, it will be between Polo & Jazz.
Old 11th December 2009, 01:18   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

Does this mean, customers buying Jazz in recent months are getting vehicles manufactured four to five months back?

With such a huge uncleared stock, no wonder Honda has started giving indirect discounts.

I think price reduction for Jazz will be a bad marketing statergy.

Honda can improve trim level offered in the same price to garner more market share.
Old 11th December 2009, 08:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Whether stock clearance or not, 50K is still not enough. The Jazz deserves a price correction of atleast 1.25 lakhs.

Ajmat had mentioned a Renault instance on another thread : In the UK, they overpriced some car. When the market didn't bite, they accepted their goof-up, corrected the price to more realistic levels and sent a voucher to all existing customers. This is the only way for the Jazz to move forward.
+1 Jazz is a great car but a terribly overpriced one. This would be the best way to handle this, and this would also keep the existing customers happy.

But i doubt if they would do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I remember somebody from Honda mention in an interview that production cost of Jazz is similar to making a ANHC, so Honda might be avoiding repricing City.
I doubt it Anshuman. I guess its just a bogus claim from them. For starters the engine is a 1.2 instead of a 1.5. They would get additional tax benefits also because its a sub 4m and a 1.2 engine.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks