Team-BHP - Honda Jazz @ Discount.... Beginning of Price Correction !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda Jazz @ Discount.... Beginning of Price Correction ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70869-honda-jazz-discount-beginning-price-correction.html)

Today I saw an ad of Honda Jazz in Gujarati Daily in Ahmedabad. Honda is offering goodies worth Rs. 52000/- with Jazz. Honda is not known for offering such discounts that too in a newly introduced model. (Civic Hybrid was a different case) Is is the beginning of Price Correction ?

Link

They still don't Learn :D

There is tag of "Buy Before Price Rise". I think they trying to match it again with ANHC.

Hot and Cold Massager - for what? Any wild guesses :D

Looks like they are now desparate. What are the November 09 sales figure for Jazz?

Well, good! But they need to offer discount on the base price instead of providing other stuff as freebies - seems like they may not even be genuine accessories.

Relaunch at a better price and Jazz stands a better chance. They skimmed the feature list so much that a stripped down version will probably be without wheels stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 1615981)
What are the November 09 sales figure for Jazz?

Somewhere on car forums I read its around 550.
Still very less than what Honda might have expected

They will lose the sales until they bring the value close to SX4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 1615981)

What are the November 09 sales figure for Jazz?

Dont know figures of November 09 but in October 09 it was of 830 units as compared to 4940 units of i20. I guess honda was targetting 2000 units per month. Even during couple of months after its launch it havent reached taht figure.

Honda does not have localization on the parts and they don't compromise on the quality IMHO , This might be the reason but Technology and Quality no one can match Honda's. In their segment ofcourse No offense but just my personal opinion.

Honda really needs to have re-look at the Jazz pricing. A friend went to see the Jazz, and he liked it but he figured he might as well spend a bit more and get the City ("a more complete car"). Anyway, he ended up booking the i20. I am sure this must be happening a lot with the Jazz.

Are we sure if the discount is indeed from the company or a dealer discount? I did not quite get that part from the advertisement.

Please feel free to point me out if I have missed noticing that.

Cheers

I think Honda is going to change the interiors of the car to beige and so discounted selling of old car.

I think that Honda are on a verge to change some styling as beige interiors, leather seats along with some design changes, so they are giving the discounts on a car.

Absurd, the only thing that will work for them is a price correction. Just to maintain their absurd pricing reputation they are not correcting the price for the jazz, though the vehicle is good.

All their models except the city will die unless they do something dramatic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1616420)

That's a bit harsh! Though what will happen to the City volumes if Toyota launches a Yaris notchback/ sedan at 8 lakhs? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1616420)

I haven't been following sales figures but the Civic and Accord seem to be doing fine vis-a-vis their competition. The CR-V seems to be a niche player that Honda isn't too worried about. The Jazz is the only major headache at Honda

Honda Jazz has been over priced in UAE also, they launched it at 65000 dhs and not its being offered at 49000 Dhs.

1Dhs=12 rs.