Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 11:13   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
Hey,
I'm not sure if you had checked the link above. The times report says there is close to 1.5Lakh offer on Captiva. Check out..

Car companies dole out huge discounts to keep momentum going- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Hey! I think the 1.5 lakh discount being talked about is the price reduction after the Fortuner thunderstorm. The price reduction too made the Captiva a very good buy over the Fortuner and the Endy.
One more thing to be confirmed is that the dealer said that the three year service and maintainence package is not applicable for the Captiva. Can anyone confirm this ( Testosterone ??)
Old 11th December 2009, 11:40   #92
BHPian

No. Captiva comes in with standard 2 year 50000 Km warranty though which is good enough. All in all, I have clocked 5000 Km on my Captiva and the entire journey has been breeze. Traveled extensively through HP during rains and over harsh roads, no rattles at all. Total comfort, control, composure, power and trouble free experience till yet. Till yet, a great buy for me.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:04   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Even Toyota is raining discounts on INNOVA and ALTIS - both in the form of Re 1 insurance! That's something unheard of.
This works out to about 30k in discount. Still half of what I got on the Altis last year when it was relatively a new launch. Wait till early Jan the dealers will budge more if stocks are not cleared.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:13   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This works out to about 30k in discount. Still half of what I got on the Altis last year when it was relatively a new launch. Wait till early Jan the dealers will budge more if stocks are not cleared.
Hey, I'm looking to buy an Innova. Though it says overall 50K discount it doesn't translate to the same. He says Insurance free and 50k-Insurance amount is accessories. No cash discount actually. I negotiated a bit and he's ready to give me a total discount of 40K in cash (20k corporate + 20 k). I'm not sure if this is a good deal to pick it up or wait for January?

Also it says, all the offers are valid for deliveries in decmeber
Old 11th December 2009, 13:40   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
There is 8K Corp. Discount too on the Altis.
Old 11th December 2009, 15:30   #96
BHPian

SX4 Car-nival Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Worse off in Pune, no discount on SX4 apart from exchange bonus and some meagre corporate discounts. And a threat to charge next year 3% price increase on delivery if delivery happens after 31st Dec...

And this is across all 3 dealers, each is saying that the 20-25 K discounts is only for the old SX4, not for the new VVT model. Looks like collusion to me...
All the Maruti dealers in Pune have setup an SX4 Carnival at Sakhar Sankul where one can do Test Drives and book the car. Officially the only offers on are
- 15K exchange bonus
- Draw to win an iPod
- Jet Airways tickets (local) for folks who book on the spot

Unofficially I have a 10K cash discount + 5K worth of accessories from a dealer.

Don't know why they want to waste money on a 'Car-nival' instead of just giving better discounts... In any case just proves that stock is not moving so HOLD ON!!
Old 11th December 2009, 22:31   #97
BHPian

When I was reading this post, I thought I am reading Dec 2008 thread. One should do reality check, I think most of car companies do run same offers every year. Last year Toyota had same offer of 1Rs. for Insurance and some cash discount or Laptop. Some companies shoot rumors that prices will go up in Jan, these are old tricks.
I am helping my friend to buy one in this season.
Old 11th December 2009, 22:46   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
When I was reading this post, I thought I am reading Dec 2008 thread. One should do reality check, I think most of car companies do run same offers every year. Last year Toyota had same offer of 1Rs. for Insurance and some cash discount or Laptop. Some companies shoot rumors that prices will go up in Jan, these are old tricks.
Yes this kind of offers can be spotted every december, At this time of year everybody want to buy a car made in next year to avail better resale value plus the stocks of the current year need to be cleared, thats the reason for these offers.

I spotted a Merc C advertisement in newspaper offering either low interest rate or low down payment option. Every manufacturer has some offer or the other. Only the models which have longer delivery times are spared.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:36   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
Hey, I'm looking to buy an Innova. Though it says overall 50K discount it doesn't translate to the same. He says Insurance free and 50k-Insurance amount is accessories. No cash discount actually. I negotiated a bit and he's ready to give me a total discount of 40K in cash (20k corporate + 20 k). I'm not sure if this is a good deal to pick it up or wait for January?

Also it says, all the offers are valid for deliveries in decmeber
Hi Lakxminarayan,
How much is the insurance amount quoted for you? Dealership in kerala quoted 43k for insurance for Innova Vx. But when i talked about this to an HDFC personel She gave me a quote of 24137
Old 12th December 2009, 00:05   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Dealership in kerala quoted 43k for insurance for Innova Vx. But when i talked about this to an HDFC personel She gave me a quote of 24137
When i bought my Punto, the dealer was asking for much more for insurance than what i paid for it outside the dealership. Some dealer even go to an extent of not allowing an Insurance from outside, covering it as a company policy.
Old 12th December 2009, 00:23   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
When i bought my Punto, the dealer was asking for much more for insurance than what i paid for it outside the dealership. Some dealer even go to an extent of not allowing an Insurance from outside, covering it as a company policy.
So does this have any significant difference ? Do you have any suggestions about what all things i have to keep in mind when negotiating for the insurance next day ?
Old 12th December 2009, 12:39   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Hi Lakxminarayan,
How much is the insurance amount quoted for you? Dealership in kerala quoted 43k for insurance for Innova Vx. But when i talked about this to an HDFC personel She gave me a quote of 24137
Toyota is quoting 28K as insurance
Old 12th December 2009, 13:47   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted Free insurance + corporate discount offer on Sonata Transform, I am sure a big discount can be availed on this car upon some negotiation.

Also spotted free insurance on Mahindra Scorpio.
Old 12th December 2009, 16:22   #104
BHPian

Honda City discounts:

Corporate Offer(valid all over India):
Wipro/ Tata, etc: Rs 15,000.00
Central Govt. Employees: Rs 10,000.00

In addition to corporate discount on Honda City:
Gurgaon - Pearl Honda is offering Rs 7500.00 as cash discount citing clearance sale.
Bangalore: Whitefield Honda is offering free insurance(worth Rs 25,000.00 approximately).
Old 13th December 2009, 00:05   #105

I booked my i10 today with the following free stuff:
1) 1st Year Insurance: 14,651
2) 3rd Year Extended Warranty: 2,500
3) Cash Discount: 10,000
4) Corporate Discount: 4,000
5) Keyless Entry instead of Manual Central Locking
6) 3M Tinted Film for 1,000 instead of free Xenos
7) i10 Cloth Seat Covers for 1,000
8) Teflon Polish, Floor Mats, Mud Flaps, Steering Cover, Car Body Cover free

They were offering free MP3 Player+Speakers which I refused and instead bargained for other stuff.

Sam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks