Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2005, 20:24   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Innova squashes the C+ Segment!

Team-BHPians will remember the topic that was posted in April 2005 - Corolla? Nope...Innova!

Well, the Innova has sold a record 4633 Innovas in the month of June 2005 - with more than half of these as the fully loaded variants. No surprise then that the C+ sedan segment has witnessed a drop in sales over the last three months.

At a price of 9 lac plus on the road, its pretty obvious that a lot of C segment potentials have turned to the Innova.

GTO

Toyota Link 1

Toyota Link 2
Old 15th August 2005, 20:29   #2
BHPian

The Innovation !!!

Toyota does seem to have some great ideas and concepts and they make it it a point to put it across properly...thats what probably allows them to corner the market like that...kudos to them...
Old 15th August 2005, 23:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

City too!!!

If you've followed the sales figures over the last three months, you will also see that the Honda City now beats all C Segment cars including the Indigo in numbers every month.

Its evident that the age of most C Segment cars like the Accent, Ikon and Indigo is showing. That was the reason I had brought up the topic of who would be left in the C Segment one year down the line...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...hlight=Segment

There is a very perceptible churn happening in the mid-segment and unless the existing players step up their act we'll probably see a C Segment that stretches from Rs.5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs. Volumes will go to the lower end manufacturers like Tata and the cream will go to high-value and high-quality products like the City and the Innova. Those in between will be squeezed.

That said, the Innova sales figures you're seeing now are the result of the company clearing its backlog of orders for the last 3-4 months. I got a call from the dealer last month saying that my order should be ready soon, but I'd decided on the Safari by then. At this moment, the dealer has top end models available ex-stock as against the situation when I made my booking - 3 months waiting period.

Let the backlog stabilize and then we would see more realistic sales figures fo r the Innova.
Old 16th August 2005, 00:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

the cream will go to high-value and high-quality products like the City and the Innova.
Just add to that the Optra 1.6, which I guess takes on the City wonderfully well. Not too sure about its sales figures though. But to be honest, the NHC and the Optra 1.6 are the only two not so dated products in the C segement at the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks