Old 10th December 2009, 09:53   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
website not opening, you sure you spelt it right
thanks..
hi
sorry here is the correct link
STEINBAUER Tuning Technologies - Motortuning - Dieseltuning - Benzinertuning - Fuel Saver - Leistungssteigerung

narry
Old 10th December 2009, 10:22   #78
BHPian

@ narry,
can you share some more info/ compare about the Octy you have there and the Laura here, like pricing, package, warranty, spares & service.
just to know the policy difference Skodas/VW have for different countries.
also, how's the upgraded performance ?
Old 10th December 2009, 11:51   #79
BHPian

That chip has a retail price of 1300 euros. Narry, do you know what the street price is ? How has the performance actually increased by the figures reported?
Old 10th December 2009, 12:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
That chip has a retail price of 1300 euros. Narry, do you know what the street price is ? How has the performance actually increased by the figures reported?
Isn't it too expensive ??
@imp, if you are interested, then why not what's availaible here !!
but, would suggest not to upgrade, at least for sake of warranty.

Last edited by ganesh_evo75 : 10th December 2009 at 12:09. Reason: spell correction
Old 10th December 2009, 12:42   #81
BHPian

Please enlighten me with your default cruizing speed and also please tell me what kmph does a swift vdi do in 5th gear @1900rpm.

I for one, somedays, when I am a bit gloomy, cruize at 60kmph and on the days when I am all cheered up I have gone on drives where I have kept a constant 120kmph!! So what would you classify as my cruizing speed to be!! IMO it is upto the driver to decide at what speeds he wants to cruize!

Please do let me know if there is a default speed which one has to do to be categorically called as "cruizing" !!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
dear shrey or ssjr0498 ,
here the point in debate is CRUZING IN BELOW BOOST PRESSURE RPM and here nobody is talking about how to start or to drive in bumper to bumper traffic . pls read the forum from start and then comment , dont just type in by looking at asingle page.
and i think let me know as you as saying @ swift vdi , that what speeds are you getting below boost rpm and really are those cruzing speeds?
do you have a vdi as u r mentioning ? if yes let me know what you achive in this range . pls

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 10th December 2009 at 12:45.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:43   #82
BHPian

@ Ganesh

There is no ways on Gods Green Earth, I'd shell out that much cash for a performance chip, no matter how tempting. The engine is insane to begin with, and, it has a penchant for petrol when driven hard, so any chip, even if it is cheap, will pretty much burn a blast door in my wallet :-)
Old 10th December 2009, 13:23   #83
BHPian

Misconceptions about Turbo's

Even though the thread is for 1.8 Tsi related, there are some misconception regarding the FE factor affected by Turbo charging the engine, so i thought of mentioning few sentences from ACI issue Nov 09, pg. 90,91. regarding test of Cruze/Laura/Jetta.
It's just in favour of TURBO's and its advantages. I hope no one would take it personal.

"With low boost turbochargers, the Pump-Duse (PD) engines have a little lag which gives them good DRIVEABILITY. The strong midrange and snappy gearshifts make both the Laura and Jetta easy to drive in the city but it's Skoda which is more tractable of the two.
The Cruze has a whopping 44 bhp advantage but it's not ommedietly apparent as the Captiva-derived 2.0 litre common-rail diesal has quite a bit of Turbo lag. But, once on boost, it'll gallop to the 100kph mark a whole 2.2sec quicker then Laura. but, a look at the in-gear times will tell you what it's like in the REAL WORLD - 20-80kph takes a yawning 14.54sec in comparison to the Laura's 10.5 sec and Jettas 11.9 sec.
The TURBO LAG is annoying and the engine is virtually asleep below 1800rpm and makes you downshift a lot more than you want to."

Turbo's are our friends, so i am, pls. take it positively.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:30   #84
BHPian

DEAR shrey ,
could you pls let me know the related rpm figs , when you do "cruze" at the given speeds which u have mentioned in u r comment ? , so that i can enlighten you .
and also do read my previous comment on how a turbo engine works in a non turbo mode and what are the disadvantages , pls do read and then we will talk on technical stuff not personal
Old 10th December 2009, 14:31   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
@ narry,
can you share some more info/ compare about the Octy you have there and the Laura here, like pricing, package, warranty, spares & service.
just to know the policy difference Skodas/VW have for different countries.
also, how's the upgraded performance ?
hi
here are the details
i buy this car is skoda octavia combi 1.8tsi is a estate the price is 2,20,000 rmb u can
X 7 rupess=154,0000
this included road tax insurance all inclusive
i did my 4 sevice after completeing 25,000 km
the cost i will post here
oil filter :107rmb x 7= 749 ruppes oil filter made in germany
airconditioner filter group set 114rmb x7=798
fuel filter 96rmb x7=672
engine system cleaning package 220rmb engine flush 220x7= 1540
botton screw down side of engine 12rmb x7=84
so total chargers come to 549x7=3843
labour charges:400rmbx7=2800
so total they charge me = 6643
+ oild i use wurth made in germany 5w40
cost is 650 rmb x7=4550
total cost 4550+6643= 11,193

performace i like very much with the tuning box
narry
Old 10th December 2009, 14:47   #86
BHPian

Thanx for the Info, narry !
though we would like to know on availaibility of spares, and service people's attitude.
@fellow BHpien's, i think its easy and reasonable cost to have an maintain Skoda's there.
What say ??
Old 10th December 2009, 14:55   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Also please tell me what kmph does a swift vdi do in 5th gear @1900rpm.
I dont remember @ 1900rpm but @~2500rpm its at 100kph speedo.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:27   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
hi
well i buy this at 750 euro
with delivery in hongkong since my freind work in austria he get good discount
regarding performace
the stock is 160 bhp i get now 200bhp
torque is 250nm now i get 290nm
the reason i went for this tuning box is simple
i will explain u here why
a remap is normal avaible from 300 euro to 600 euro in china they charge 600 euro
but problems in the remap this that they make more power from low range rpm to higher range rmp until 7000 rpm and i see with many cars in china because of this remap the engine temperature drastically increases , after this the tunner said u put a oil cooler or change to a bigger radiator both can cost more than 200 to 400 euro so u end up paying more also can damage your engine , also i spend money on a remap i sell my car i get nothing or if i did not want more power he wont adjust anything just take my money , but with tuning box i have more options.
i told the tunner i needed more power in the lower end only this was my requirment
nobody could even understand what i needed
so i buy this steinbauer tuning box because my freind in europe said it the best company
well with this box turbo start spooling at 1300 rpm before factory was 1800 rpm
so i get driving pleasure at lower end
after some speed above 120kilometer
the box shut itself and i am on stock ecu
this feature i like most
so when ever i press the gas pedal and the box come into action so i can get power as i want
in this matter the i can get power and fuel economy both
regards
narry
Old 10th December 2009, 15:31   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
Thanx for the Info, narry !
though we would like to know on availaibility of spares, and service people's attitude.
@fellow BHpien's, i think its easy and reasonable cost to have an maintain Skoda's there.
What say ??
hi
u must understand vw was the first company to set up a factory in china in mid 1980 when china economy open 80% of taxi which run in china are vw or old audi a100
so service and spare availability is good
also cost a quite low i think compared to india
most important they have service centres all over china so u would not get stranded in middle of highway if u car break downs
narry
Old 10th December 2009, 15:50   #90
VEA
BHPian

if you need more input on FE of 1.8 TSI, here it is. I test drove it after seeing the ACI figures. But the dealer was totally honest and told me that the FE of the TSI is on par with the RS. with a light foot you may be able to extract 12 kmpl on highways and 9 in the city. Overall 9.5-10, according to the dealer. oh yes, he also commented that no one who owns a 1.8 TSI really cares about the FE! for them, the 1.9 is perfect according to him. makes sense to me too.

Most Viewed