Team-BHP - Zig Wheels out at Rs.10 a copy (A Times of India presentation)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Zig Wheels out at Rs.10 a copy (A Times of India presentation) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70913-zig-wheels-out-rs-10-copy-times-india-presentation.html)

I saw new ZigWheels magazine first with my neighbour who is an elderly person & has least interest in autos. But he told he brought it because of its price & quality! Surprised to see the first issue; it's in A3 paper layout with class paper & printing quality @ a shocking price tag of Rs.10/-. But there is no subscribtion form in it. Hope Adil will retail the price tag as well as paper & printing quality. Or will it come in newsprint in future issue :D!

ZigWheels is being online & TV for quite a while ago, here is the url: Buy New Cars, Selling a Car, Auto Car Reviews, Car News, Zigwheels & the cover page of the 1st issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1535166)
I saw new ZigWheels magazine first with my neighbour who is an elderly person & has least interest in autos. But he told he brought it because of its price & quality! Surprised to see the first issue; it's in A3 paper layout with class paper & printing quality @ a shocking price tag of Rs.10/-. But there is no subscribtion form in it. Hope Adil will retail the price tag as well as paper & printing quality. Or will it come in newsprint in future issue :D!

ZigWheels is being online & TV for quite a while ago, here is the url: Buy New Cars, Selling a Car, Auto Car Reviews, Car News, Zigwheels & the cover page of the 1st issue.

Yes, It was available in Coimbatore at many shops. But sold out everywhere, and I have no luck to get it this month. :-)

yup! me too had a chance to see the last copy of zigwheels mag available at landmark, forum mall in bangalore. have to say that the print quality and size made it THE BEST LOOKING AUTO MAG i have seen till date. that too at just rs 10!
wonder if they are going to continue with the same price tag :)

i bought the issue, it's AWESOME!!! for rs.10 you get everything. what a mag.clap:

you got to buy it to believe it, the other mags (specially autocar, TG and overdrive) are simply overpriced. this mag has it all but only for Rs. 10.

Just for Rs 10? Sounds fantastic. Maybe the price is just an introductory version.
BTW how many pages does the mag has?
Or later on we might find it has only 20 pages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 1546459)
for rs.10 you get everything. what a mag.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante (Post 1548074)
Maybe the price is just an introductory version.

Guys, selling price of a magazine is always a notional price. If you ever had to pay the full price of the magazine - like for a retail product (development, production, other costs, profits, investment in next steps), then the price would be so high that you wouldnt even think of buying the magazine. Magazines are supported by ad's, and often by the manufacturers of the products the magazines feature.

Not to say that Rs 10/- is not an intro price. That should also get hiked in due time, but my above point still holds.

Its total paisa vasool if you ask me. What remains to be seen is how OD and Autocar react to this. Rare to find quality, quantity and affordability together.

The pricing from Zigwheels is definitely a breath of fresh air in the auto mag world where OD and ACI seem more interested in increasing the number of pages through ads, and then even having the nerve to charge extra for it.

I haven't gotten a chance to check out the Zigwheels mag, but going by the opinion of the other members here, i certainly wish them the best, and hope they retain the pricing for a while atleast.

i second that. zigwheels is surely a breath of fresh air.
never contributed to this thread, but got my first subscribed copy of ACI and I am super impressed. Wasted one year with Top gear India. Will now read real automobile news!

Zigwheels has completely shaken up the market with their 10 buck an issue pricing. One, they have the Times of India backing them (a super power in the Indian publishing industry). Two, the car mag industry is already saturating...how do existing magazines grow (old media). Lastly, there are simply too many players in the market right now (about a dozen auto mags?).

According to me, ACI, OD and BSM have pretty much covered whatever needs to be covered, and filled every niche too. Most other players are mere accessories. Zigwheels needed to enter with a bang, a USP, and that 10 buck price is just that.

Cheaper mag = higher circulation = More $$$ from advertisements.

This 10 rupee move reminds one of what DNA did about 3 years ago. They were selling yearly subscriptions for peanuts.
Zigwheels is adopting the same business strategy and going for the kill with a 10 rupee price tag!

I say forget both of them. Could not get anything really good from either of them. What really is good however are the reviews on TBHP, specially the ones GTO seems to be doing these days. Makes the Auto mags seem pretty fake and partial.

Of late this thread has become as much about Zigwheels as about ACI and OD! I bought a copy of the inaugural issue, and while I get the feeling it's more fluff than substance, at Rs 10 a pop you can't deny it's value for money. Maybe that's why it's been sold out at most places. Incidentally, if anyone in and around Andheri (Mumbai) is looking at buying a copy, do check out the Landmark bookstore in Infinity Mall. The magazine rack near the billing counter had half a dozen copies left when I bought mine last evening.

Got hold of Zigwheels and was utterly disappointed. It has proved that cheap is not necessarily good. It is no where near Autocar, AutoBild and Top Gear. Along with OverDrive, Zigwheels is also out of my shopping list.

I searched a lot of places in Bangalore to pick up a copy of Zigwheels, but in vain. No luck at Landmark, nor at a couple of shops on Commercial street.