Team-BHP - Indigo XL (basic) CNG? in green?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indigo XL (basic) CNG? in green? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70952-indigo-xl-basic-cng-green.html)

yesterday I spotted a convoy of 20 brand new Indigo XL 16v twin cam 1.4 100 ps, bare basic models in green colour, a colour never offered before on this model. It was a CNG vehicle, as it was mentioned on the rear windscreen.

Any idea if this has been silently launched or is it for a party (client)? These cars were spotted leaving okhla in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1617921)
yesterday I spotted a convoy of 20 brand new Indigo XL 16v twin cam 1.4 100 ps, bare basic models in green colour, a colour never offered before on this model. It was a CNG vehicle, as it was mentioned on the rear windscreen.

Any idea if this has been silently launched or is it for a party (client)? These cars were spotted leaving okhla in Delhi.

Sid, these Indigo's are brought by MERU CABS. It's a cab service that uses Indigo XL into their fleet. These are quite common in Mumbai. I guess they are starting their services in Delhi too. There's nothing new in it . It has power steering, power windows but no power mirrors[ atleast not in the ones i have travelled]

MERU'S all cabs have the same color!!!!!!!! It also has a rear center armrest & rear a/c vent!!

But there are in white, aren't they?

^^ Not all meru cabs are white. AFAIK - this color is a popular choice with Meru cabs at Bangalore.

AFAIK Radio cabs should be white in color in Delhi. I can be wrong though.

seems like meru cabs to me. :)

They would've had CNG fitted at Shrimankar's workshop in Okhla. Meru outside delhi has the above green color - esp in Hyd/BLR airports. In delhi it has white cabs.

Interestingly, the drivers hate it - the esteem is way more economical and hence one queue for CNG less daily! :D

Easy cabs have switched to Accent CNG and their fleet couldn't be happier!

As per ARAI it seems to be a standard release. Any more info on the same?

FYI, Sid, Meru in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad are green in color. The Indigo XL Taxis are my favorites, plenty of legroom, Rear AC vents etc. But one strange thing is that they lack front power windows. :O Yes, they do have all 4 power window buttons, but only the rear are powered while the front ones have to be wound!

Oh, and here is such a Meru XL from Mumbai:

Quote:

Interestingly, the drivers hate it - the esteem is way more economical and hence one queue for CNG less daily!
Next time, ask them about the Logan. It's even more fuel efficient than the Esteem! The Meru guys love the Logan's tank range as much as they hate the Indigo's.

But I ahve the same coloured cabs in Delhi as well. So maybe these are for the radio cab operation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2246048)
Next time, ask them about the Logan. It's even more fuel efficient than the Esteem! The Meru guys love the Logan's tank range as much as they hate the Indigo's.

The drivers down south are lucky, because the cabs here run on diesel.
BTW, somehow, I was under the impression that the Petrol Logan was less FE than the Esteem.

Oh, and don't you have DZire and Ikon radio cabs in Mumbai and Delhi? We have those here. I heard from sgiitk that they have Manzas too as Merus in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2246048)

Also the passengers are happier as it has more room than the Esteem as well as a larger boot. You can still fit in a lot of luggage even with the CNG tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1618456)
Easy cabs have switched to Accent CNG and their fleet couldn't be happier!

Rode in one of their Accents from Chembur to Mumbai airport. Cab was spic and span. There was more than enough power to cut thru traffic.

I asked the driver how come Accent...he said people perceive Accent as more luxurious compared to Indigo and Logan. Esteem is cramped...clearly 1 size smaller. I'd much rather choose one of those newer Kali-peeli WagonRs.