Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 12:29   #91
BHPian

I second everything you said Speed Pujari.
But Its just the brand Fiat which has enthusiasts craving for the high standards it set quality wise worldwide.
Also i dare say it might not be a feasible option to provide all the brilliant stuff you mentioned in the last line for the price the linea quotes now.
Remember; Fiat is not for the masses in India as yet.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:34   #92
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine is getting Punto this month, in spite of me advising him to read this thread. How many of these changes can be carried over to the older cars, I wonder...
Old 16th December 2009, 11:40   #93
BHPian

Linea improvements

Source: Motoroids

Linea to get following improvements:
- Emit lesser vibrations because of the new engine mounts
- ECU the new Linea will churn out a better mileage
- Gearbox has been retuned to deliver the torque in a better manner than the current model
- Freshly designed and more front seat frame
- Improved dashboard plastics, seat lever and the boot release lever
- Radically improved interiors in terms of the visual quality of plastics.
- Improved sound insulation has been improved too
- Improvised AC unit which gives out very less noise
- Chrome bits (especially the monograms) falling off has also been eliminated
- Paint quality and durability seems to be worked upon as well and may incorporate additional lacquer coats, giving the car a fresh and glossier looking finish.

Can someone throw some light on when these will be available how to identify the bug fixed versions.

And the following spy shots are claimed as the T-Jet being tested in Pune.

Fiat Linea and Punto to get improvements and upgrades-linea_tjet_motoroids_1.jpg
Fiat Linea and Punto to get improvements and upgrades-linea_tjet_motoroids_2.jpg
Fiat Linea and Punto to get improvements and upgrades-linea_tjet_motoroids_3.jpg
Fiat Linea and Punto to get improvements and upgrades-linea_tjet_motoroids_4.jpg
Old 16th December 2009, 12:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hope the mileage improvement does not come at the cost of performance. The rest of the changes are very welcome.

What will Fiat do about its existing customers? Obviously, the engine mounts and gear box changes will be difficult to pass on. So is the AC change. But, what about the rest of the changes?

Last edited by deepakhon : 16th December 2009 at 12:06. Reason: Corrected a grammatical error.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:13   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Improvements are always welcome. However, I wonder why the car is still having the black n white thingy even after a year.

Also if you notice, the right brake light is not working.
Old 21st December 2009, 09:18   #96
BHPian

By When ?? ...

@sidindica super scoop, any tips on which batch one should look out for with the gremlins sorted out as detailed in your post ??

"Fiat to considerably improve its versions of Punto and Linea by the time the euro 4 kicks in." - does this mean they will available closer to March 31, 2010 ??

I am on the lookout for a GP E+ but after your post think it makes sense to hang on; the upgrades to my mind are definitely required ... atleast that what I thought after my Test Drive
Old 21st December 2009, 14:37   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

@grules- Now its been ages Since the Linea is out, So why would they need to camouflage the same car with a engine on test?
Old 21st December 2009, 14:59   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@grules- Now its been ages Since the Linea is out, So why would they need to camouflage the same car with a engine on test?
I too had the same doubts and hence put the disclaimer.
Quote:
Source Motoroids
And the following spy shots are claimed as the T-Jet being tested in Pune.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Those who want a Fiat wait for this then!

And does this imply to Tata products too? Atleast the paint part should.
Amen to That! In fact, not just the paint quality, I'm craving to see more (read: better) colour options on the Manza! Current options like the two shades of White(!), grey, a pale gold and pale blue each etc make.you. go.ughh.
Old 21st December 2009, 18:45   #100
BHPian

Is this true ??

It seems to have to been there at the Autocar Forum to start with, now they have removed it but I was able get a Google Cached version, read on ... Source Link

" I am sorry to but most of this is figment of someone's imagination and the rest of it like Fiat's stricter quality control checks is well known and written about in magazines. Spoke to Fiat engineers who said there are no changes to the gear ratios or tweaks to the ECU to increase rpm. The Linea / Grande Punto's C510 Fiat gearbox has been localised and changing gear ratios is not on the agenda.

Now let me tell you the truth about what is happening; Fiat is launching a new version of the Grande Punto at the Auto Expo called the TREND. This version is targetted at the youth and will come with some special features like a heavy-duty stereo system and some fancy fabrics. The price will be very attractive too. The T-Jet petrol will be shown at the Expo but there is no 1.6 diesel. ACI had reported all these FACTS earlier.

Speculative reporting on the forum should be taken with a pinch of salt and in this case it should be a truckful! "
Old 21st December 2009, 19:19   #101
BHPian

Pssst! It's going to be a 1.4 TJet. The current 1.4 Fire and 1.4 TJet are going to co-exist. No TJet for Grande Punto. The diesel 1.6 will have to wait till end of 2010. Older GM gearbox needs to be replaced by a new in-house gearbox for the diesel.
Old 23rd December 2009, 05:47   #102
BHPian

Any details on from which batch or from which date the new versions will be available.

@Sid, Yes, Fiat is always a hot topic in this forum, but somehow it is not hitting the bulls-eye with sales
Old 29th December 2009, 16:52   #103
BHPian

No more Dynamic-Pack

While discussing on the changes expected in Linea starting 2010 this is what I got from the Fiat sales manager at my dealer,

Want ABS equipped Linea? Go for Emotion or E-Pack. Dynamic-Pack variant is expected to be dropped. They want to standardize variants between Linea and Punto. Starting 2010 both Punto and Linea expected to be available in 4 variants Active, Dynamic, Emotion and E-Pack. A price rise of around 12 - 20K expected across different variants.

At the moment Punto E-Pack is more attractive/VFM than Linea E-Pack. I believe they may takeout some of the goodies from EMOTION (ACC, LEATHER WRAP Stuff) to bridge the price gap between Dynamic and Emotion, and to make Linea E-Pack more attactive/VFM.
Old 29th December 2009, 18:05   #104
Senior - BHPian

I cannot comment on whats been written in ACI and "ACI has been reporting on these facts earlier", the news on punto trend is out on the Jan issue and my post on QC improvements was there way before it. There is a similar thread running on ACI forums with credit given to tbhp.

This thread does not discuss new varients, but expected improvements. Before it again turns into an ugly war of words, I request you all to kindly read the disclaimer before making conclusions.

I fiat wants to improve, it good for them, good for us. If it doesn't want to, then god save them as the competition will only become intense and people are more than willing to shell out more money for better quality products. An example? ANHC VS linea sales figures.

We hope we tried our best to send them a message through this forum to Fiat to kindly improve their quality control and after sales service and fine tune their products even further to make it more appealing to own rather than purchasing it just to go to service centers just to get small issues like falling parts, rattles, rust etc solved.

Last edited by sidindica : 29th December 2009 at 18:09.
Old 29th December 2009, 19:25   #105
BHPian

Hope Fiat puts the 1.4 TJet in the Grande Punto. Otherwise it will continue to be outrun by it's 10 year old stablemate, the Palio 1.6.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed