Team-BHP - Fiat Linea and Punto to get improvements and upgrades
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Linea and Punto to get improvements and upgrades (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/71022-fiat-linea-punto-get-improvements-upgrades.html)

Fix(ing) It Again Tony

(Disclaimer: Info typed is accurate till now, but may be subject to change and will be updated regularly. Please DO NOT ask any further questions.)

Fiat to considerably improve its versions of Punto and Linea by the time the euro 4 kicks in.

Highlights of changes:*will be confirmed prior to launch.

Fiat will not really officially announce the launch, but will silently incorporate the aforementioned changes based on customer feedback.
Also, new dealerships, wider A.S.S. network and frequency of parts availability to be increased.

Looks like good news overall.
This time around, FIAT is showing some serious interest with their new models.

What is the expected date of launch.

PS. I didnt know that chrome was falling off in Linea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1619424)
..quality control at Fiat at even stricter levels..

Well the bar wasn't that high to begin now, was it? :D

Those who want a Fiat wait for this then!

And does this imply to Tata products too? Atleast the paint part should.

Aaah ! Finally some sense prevailing for Fiat. They should have been very strict from the very day of launching Linea/Punto. Anyway I wont benefit much because I have already got my Punto two weeks back, neverthless its a step in the right direction.

Come on FIAT, bring a worthy succesor to Palio 1.6 (READ T-JET PUNTO) soon.
please:

Better late than never! Good for you FIAT!

That's some good news. I guess these covers most of the pain/complaint points of current models.

Thanks Sid, for sharing this info!

If they execute the above mentioned list well, the competition is in for a tough time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1619424)
Fix(ing) It Again Tony
Fiat to considerably improve its versions of Punto and Linea by the time the euro 4 kicks in.

Highlights of changes:
  • Additional sound insulation under the firewall and sand witch type roof lining in both punto and linea diesels for further noise reduction.
  • Newly designed, more durable seat adjust leaver and bonnet opening mechanism with improved plastic quality.

Thanks Sid for the information. I know you asked us not to hound you with more questions, but if you had to hazard a guess, would you say that the items I have selected from your list can be retrofitted in the cars?

Very good to know that Fiat India has started taking the criticism positively by improving on its weaknesses. How about a range of more powerful diesel engines? If they offer the T JET in Punto i am ready to trade off my Punto MJD.

Great news. FIAT needs to get out of 'Indica quality at low price' mindset and make its cars as quality cars. People do pay premium for better products.

I had also test driven Linea in March and sadly did not like it. The sore points which I remember should also be improved like-

Long throw gear lever
Deep action clutch
Better quality interior material especially dashboard and instrument panel.
Better driver ergonomics (positioning of pedals)
Better seats.
Powerful engines for such a competent chasis.

I wish all the best to FIAT

Does this mean any change in Price?

Wish they do something about the Dead pedal in the Punto. can be very annoying in the city.

Strange. Because Fiat tested their products for about a year before releasing them, and now, they have to incorporate basic changes to fix "Chrome falling off". I wonder how early adapters of their product see these changes. Anyway, better late than never.