Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 15:49   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There used to be a Safari ad some time back which showed a Safari being used like a boat to cross a river. Wonder what would happen if some of the owners try it literally and claim for the losses later.
And not to mention the flying safari after the roller coaster ride. Would it not break the axle?

And Maruti mentioning "Petrol Khatam hi Nahi hota" can also be misconstrued.

Tata Indigo also compares it's ride to that of a Business Class flight.

Ford Fusion being carried on a day-to-day used raft.

Almost all Car Manufacturers mentioning "No. 1 in India by xxxx survey" and you really have to look with a magnifying lens to find out that it is in it's segment and relevant to one or a few features that were covered in the survey.

We can actually have a thread on this "Advt. that tends to mislead"

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 9th December 2009 at 15:52. Reason: Spellings!!
Old 9th December 2009, 15:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
There used to be a Safari ad some time back which showed a Safari being used like a boat to cross a river. Wonder what would happen if some of the owners try it literally and claim for the losses later.
I do not think there is any connection here. This guy has not done anything out of the world or crazy.

Creative liberties are enttirely different. There is difference in showing something in the Ad and mentioning something in your brochure as a claim or specification.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

That really great of the senior citizen to hold the case at different level & succeed. This would be a lesson for other manufacturer as well.

Waiting to here the Judgment day of our beloved Harish.

@Exhaust_Note: but remember when they mention "No. 1 in India by xxxx survey" they would have a (*) mark at the top of the comment. In this way they are in safe hands.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 10th December 2009 at 12:08.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:30   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Ran Sagar if a seemlily absurd pley like the one against GM for the forrester can get through the one by Harish should win for sure. That said, the verdict in the forrester case based on the media info atleast by logic seems incorrect.

I respect the SC but there seems to be an error or a major factor in the verdict is not being reported.

Does any one have a forrester brochure that we can see to figure out what supposedly absurd claim they made in it.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

EDIT: Recently heard that someone won a case against AXE, for him not getting attracted by women, after using their deo for years - contradicting to what they show in the Ad!
Unable to attract even a single girl, frustrated man sues Axe | Faking News
Old 10th December 2009, 15:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

What a loser! Seriously, our courts have better stuff to take care of.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
What a loser! Seriously, our courts have better stuff to take care of.
this is just a spam mail. even i assumed this to be a real thing. but unfortunately this is just a spam.
i guess we should not discuss spams here.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

i believe one must appreciate GM to have settled this the proper way. if it were skoda, got knows how it would have gone.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i believe one must appreciate GM to have settled this the proper way. if it were skoda, got knows how it would have gone.
Proper way? It went to the court and the court ordered them to pay. It is another matter that I believe that GM was not in the wrong but they certainly didn't roll over.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:02   #40
BHPian

wow they go bankrupt but pay uncleji, thats something man!! gotta love chevy for that!

maybe uncleji will buy Chevrolet cruze perhaps or keep the money in fix deposits

Last edited by Caramelo : 10th December 2009 at 19:03.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:16   #41
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The insinutation that GM were any better than Skoda in this matter is funny, the car owner had to go to the supreme court and win his case to get the money back.

Actually Skoda on the other hand has replaced quite a few of the Fabia / refunded the money and also done the same in the case of Superb as well without the person having had to go to court. Yep the Harish black mark remains.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

I tend to agree with McLaren Rulez. The court decision does seem illogical, with all due respect. I have personally driven a friend's forrester off road and it is a great off road vehicle as well. If we go by misnomers in advertising, then courts will be even busier every day as other posters have pointed out.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
I tend to agree with McLaren Rulez. The court decision does seem illogical, with all due respect. I have personally driven a friend's forrester off road and it is a great off road vehicle as well. If we go by misnomers in advertising, then courts will be even busier every day as other posters have pointed out.
One thing probably the Forester is vulnarable is water. The boxer engine as such is mounted low to give the low CG and many delicate parts of the engine are very close to the ground (which are found on top of the engine in the conventional inline layout)
Old 12th December 2009, 09:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
So we are becoming a litigious nation!
The last great hope(hopefully) for our otherwise very corrupt nation. What other choice do we have?
Old 12th December 2009, 15:37   #45
BHPian

How I wish I had the money to buy the Forester when it was available. Its one of the best cars I have ever driven... just love the way it goes uphill. Afterall its a Subaru. Sigh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks