Team-BHP - GM's Cavalier Coupe in India ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   GM's Cavalier Coupe in India ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7128-gms-cavalier-coupe-india.html)

hey guys

The Economic Times (pg11) spotted an ad titled "CHEVY WORLD" featured the Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe ..

"Cavalier The sporty chevrolet cavalier coupe sets the road on fire with its outstanding performace. The attractive two door model is powered by a 140bhp 2.2L engine and comes with a refined suspension. No wonder the car s loved by millions."

could GM be planning be the first to introduce a coupe in the indian market ?

I think its a $#%! car ..no way does it set anything on fire ..cheap rental andentry level car in the americas ..a tiburon is a much better buy than the cavalier ..

Ya i have been seeing these small ads that GM gives in the middle of no where about old cars that have never been launched in India. I wonder why they advertise abt these, could be to increase some import market but i dont see anyone importing such dated machines from them. Another possibilty could be that they r trying to show off their international range to prove that Indian GM owners are part of a big family of car models, but honestly speaking cars like Cavalier really suck.

The old Cavalier was a POS. New one is much better since its based on the current Opel Astra (think its called Epsilon platform). Even uses the same Ecotec 4 banger found in the Indian Vectra.
Not sure what Chevy is trying to achieve with this car?

Cavalier sucks !
I doubt India will see a new one with a 2.2L engine but I know the old one is crap....
lowest of low economy car rental !!! (you can tell this is a rant from personal experience :p )

Cavalier in the USA is what TATA Indica is in India. Dirt cheap and a little on the crude side.

Are you serious?! I don't understand why they would advertise the car in India! The Cavaliar is so out-dated (I call it the Esteem of North America :D ) that GM finally, thankfully, decided to phase it out. The 2006 model range will not have Cavaliar or Sunfire cars anymore. Both these cars have been replaced by the Chevy Cobalt and Pontiac Pursuit and it would make more sense to advertise these cars now for GM. By the way, has anyone seen the 2 door Cobalt. Man that car looks better in 2 doors then 4!

Quote:

By the way, has anyone seen the 2 door Cobalt. Man that car looks better in 2 doors then 4!
ahaan i have! dont forget i live in windsor buddy..all the manufacturers are in my town..i saw truck load of cobalts last time i was there..
Cobalt is a sweet ride ..dont like th 4 door much i think the SRT 4 looks better in that trim..

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
hey guys

The Economic Times (pg11) spotted an ad titled "CHEVY WORLD" featured the Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe ..

"Cavalier The sporty chevrolet cavalier coupe sets the road on fire with its outstanding performace. The attractive two door model is powered by a 140bhp 2.2L engine and comes with a refined suspension. No wonder the car s loved by millions."

could GM be planning be the first to introduce a coupe in the indian market ?

hey turbo_lover...this is branding to showcase GM's portfolio and to speak about the various cars that they manufacture....since the indian flagships (read vectra, forrester) have failed to generate respect for GM, these are confidence building measures for the appropriate Target Audience....these ads have been on for months now.....and every now and then we see a new car.....

chances are these cars will never get launched in India....atleast not for a while....the adverts however, would continue....

the logic is the same as them bringing down the corvette and taking it to showrooms all over the country for people to drool over (they did this as a promotion last year)....advertising on Pg 11 of ET offers better reach and cuts out the logistical nightmare of bringing down any car they want to showcase....

maedi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Cavalier in the USA is what TATA Indica is in India. Dirt cheap and a little on the crude side.

this is perfectly in sync with what GM's attitude is in India...no wonder the sales figures of the Forrester and Vectra are where they are....they actually believe that they can pass on any s**t to us and we'd gobble it up.....small coincidence that while the accent prices are giong to be revised upwards the corsa has been slashed by about 90k.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1203797.cms

Even in the US, i used to opt for a Toyota Echo or a corolla or the mitsubishi mirage instead of the cavalier.. Wonder how they are going to be able to sell it here..

Quote:

Originally Posted by man23ish
Even in the US, i used to opt for a Toyota Echo or a corolla or the mitsubishi mirage instead of the cavalier.. Wonder how they are going to be able to sell it here..

dude the point is that they don't intend on selling it here....the cavalier would be LHD and the volumes in india don't justify the expense of converting it....this are pure brand building exercises....