Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2005, 19:59   #1
BHPian

Getz Variant (GLE) Launched at 4.15 Ex

To counter the Success of Swift Hyundai have launched a stripped down version of Getz GLE at 4.15 Ex. I think this launch is bit too late or they may be able to woo customers who are not ready to wait 3 Months for Swift delivery.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnus/02181702.htm
Old 18th August 2005, 20:18   #2
BHPian

On the contrary, I think it is a good move. The fact is many prospective Swift owners are already tired of the waiting period and Hyundai can benefit from the demand supply gap by increasing their numbers. Way to go Subbu.....
Old 19th August 2005, 00:52   #3
BHPian

My GLS Now GLX

Hey That is very good news I have booked my GLS+ABS Now atleast it can sport the GLX tab
Old 19th August 2005, 11:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai marketing execs have again proven they are ahead in the game. Good move.
Old 19th August 2005, 11:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

This move was expected from Hyundai. Frankly speaking, for someone looking for a single car for the family, the Getz outscores the Swift because of it's interior space advantage.

Expect to see many more Getzs' on the roads soon.
Old 19th August 2005, 12:03   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice move by Hyundai, but expected since not too many people can "outvalue" the koreans! There are many who consider the Getz as a more complete package than Marutis Swift.

But I think that a price correction in the loaded variants is also necessary as B+ segment customers want the interior space and amenities of the C segment. I dont presume many would want to buy a 4.5 lac bare basic hatchback without power windows etc.

GTO
Old 19th August 2005, 12:50   #7
BHPian

Expected but a little late I guess. Customers who dont want to wait will definitely go for Getz. Also Corsa sail is being offered at a mouth watering 3.89 lacs ex. Expect to see more corsa sails too...

Last edited by Conan : 19th August 2005 at 12:52.
Old 19th August 2005, 12:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think the Getz is a real nice car but in front of the swift it falls short.. THE GLX version of the Getz is incomplete.. lack Air bag and climate control.. also the engine is not as powerful as that SUZUKI.. plus the swift is a stunner in every which way yuo look
Old 19th August 2005, 14:57   #9
BHPian

Don't let the numbers confuse. As per data, Getz is 83 bhp @5500 rpm whereas Swift is 89 bhp @6000 rpm. Clearly, you cannot drive at those engine rpm's. The normal driving range for rpm is 900 (idling) to usually 4000 to 4500, after which you would tend to shift into next gear.

Similarly on the torque front. The Getz offers slightly lower torque than Swift again at lower rpm. Though I am not a Hyundai fan (due to Getz price) I have to admit that the drivability of the Getz is infact better. (I have test driven both these cars).

Any clues if Hyundai has added new stuff to the GVS such a tachometer etc. (old GL). The newspaper reports dont provide any information and the company's web-site has not been updated.
Old 19th August 2005, 15:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

People are not going to watch those specs with lens. For general people those tech specs only fall next to the basics ( power steering, power windows, Air conditioning & other basic features) & offered at a competitive pricing.

Hyundai will absorb Lot of potential SWIFT customer. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, until Maruti does something on the delivery front
Old 19th August 2005, 19:43   #11
BHPian

GLE only for DRDO and available in small 2 digit numbers

Dear freinds soory to disappoint but FE reports that GLE is only for DRDO customers and may be released into general market only in two digit numbers ( expect 100 of them a month as against total 1400)

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_f...ntent_id=99685

To Quote-------
But while the announcement looked like Hyundai’s answer to Maruti’s aggressively priced Swift, a Hyundai spokesperson clarified that the variant is aimed only at the government demand through the directorate general of supplies and disposals (DGSND).

Though the variant lowers the entry price of the Getz and pegs it just higher than the cheapest Swift Lxi, its availability to the public would likely be limited to double digits only.

Most Viewed