Team-BHP - Cruze Automatic coming soon EDIT : Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cruze Automatic coming soon EDIT : Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/71453-cruze-automatic-coming-soon-edit-launched.html)

I just got a call from Chevrolet dealership, I was informed Cruze Automatic will be launched on January 8, 2010.

When i took the testdrive of the manual variant last month i told them i would be more interested in a Automatic. The salesman told me that Automatic will be coming soon, I asked him to give me a call as soon as he gets some confirmed information.

If the news is correct, its a very nice move by Chevrolet. This car will take the fight to Skoda and VW for sure and can also hit Altis and Civic, but not much.

I think the automatic transmission will be the same Captiva unit as both share the motors. This will be help a lot as Cruze suffers from massive turbo lag.

Any hint on pricing ?

thats a great news. hope the price difference dont go much.

Expected move, One should expect a price rise of atleast 50K-100K.

This shall be a welcome move & could help in overcoming the lack of low speed torque.
Im hoping for a 1-1.5L hike in the tag but wish its ~ 50-70k.

Any news on Cruze pertrol?

I guess it would suit Chevy. to channelize their energies & not go in for uneventful Petrol's, as their petrol motors are not well received in the market.
Anyhow, if they bring in a scorcher to take on the Laura TSI, then its gameon.

clap:..Way to go Chevy!
The Cruze is a real steal at that price. Awesome looks, great performance and now it can shift on its own! Excellent!

expect a hike in the price by a lac or so.
already cruze is not living upto its expectations and people are still cautious before investing in a troubled company.
Hopefully the auto version might bring in some customers.

at a hike of already a lac, there will be hardly any buyers for the Auto. LTZ is already so dangerously close to the Laura. LTZ: 14.71 in Mumbai, Laura 1.9 MT 15.45.

Chevy just doesn't have the brand value to take on Skoda if its priced so closely. That being said i would pick Cruze Auto between the two since i dont want to touch Skoda A$$.

How is the Captiva autobox in refinement? Is it a 5 speed one?

And yes, good strategy from Chevy to forget the petrol and focus on diesels only.

Word on the ACI forum is that its coming with a 6-speed auto tranny.

Comparing the Cruze to the Skoda - the most important thing that comes to mind (atleast to me) is the 3 year free maintenance package on the chevy vs the high ownership costs of the Skoda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1630091)
I just got a call from Chevrolet dealership, I was informed Cruze Automatic will be launched on January 8, 2010.

Bang in the middle of the Auto Expo! I don't need to repeat my belief in automatics, and how much sense they make in our driving conditions; this is a definite step in the right direction. I'd say GM ought to go a step further and plan on a slushbox for the Beat as well.

The AT will go a long way in eliminating problems with the aggressive Cruze clutch, and also make the turbo lag less annoying in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

+1 to that GTO.

Had I been in the market at this time, the turbo lag would have been the main aspect preventing me from choosing the Cruze. The A/T will truly help overcome that one drawback. I would any day choose the Cruze A/T over the Laura.

Great news. But then Pricing is the key. Offering Automatics on both versions LT and LTZ would really be nice as I dont need some of the fancy gizmos of the LTZ.

I guess they are not phasing out the Optra yet, why not offer an Autobox variant for the Optra as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1630944)
The AT will go a long way in eliminating problems with the aggressive Cruze clutch, and also make the turbo lag less annoying in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Precisely. More than the inherent benefits of an autobox, the Cruze's heavy clutch makes it an even more enticing proposition.