Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 10:52   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrockerboy View Post
@ Aravindpn and Jay D - Thanks for the valuable opinion guys.
In case, I do not manage to find an F1 red 1.2NV Sports in my budget, is it wise to get some other colored palio and get it painted the F1 red.
Pardon my obsession with the color, but i want to own that color before its too late (and ppl start quoting it as a mid-age crisis color for me).
Like i said, im one of the many always-desired-never-owned palio lovers and hate myself for this fact.
Repainting of a car in another colour should yield you the same results of original paint if its done in new age paint shops. Sai Colorium( big hit with T-Bhp) is a good place for the same. I had received a quote of 30k for changing my silver palio to red from there. Personally for me, if I repaint my car then the feel of giving away originality can haunt me . Its best to wait for your desired colour. However, I beleive repainting with different colour would not call for any amendment in RC book. Fellow BHPians, please correct if Iam wrong.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:35   #92
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Palio S 1600 HDR
Attached Thumbnails
Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-fiat_palio_s1600_hdr_by_exxx2005.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 12:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Amazing write up as usual Sidindica, and great snaps. You really take us on a trip down memory lane.

Sad to see such a great product being killed by bad marketing and after sales.
Personally, I thought Fiat India paid way too much to Sachin to endorse a car that needed no endorsing in the first place. The management would have done well to focus on improving its after sales.

I still remember the day, 11th Jan, 2005 that I walked into a Fiat dealership to buy the Palio. A lone dust covered Palio, no salesman to explain the features, no test drive possible, no brochures. I wondered if this was the attitude while selling, what would be the after sales. After waiting for 30 mins for a salesman, I walked out and bought a Santro the very next day.

Somedays, I still think, what if I had bought the Palio.....
And when I read the horror stories of *** at Fiat, I thank my stars for the Santro, which by the way is an average product with excellent sales and service.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:55   #94
BHPian

Hey great write up man it reminds me of my Palio which I had to sell because of relocation. I have tasted many cars from C segment and currently drive Toyota Camry old 2000 model, but I still can't find the handling and driving pleasure of Palio. The steering response the built quality and that 3 level door opening and thud, its all great. I've not seen tried punto but I think it may not have same handling as Fiat Palio had. I am just hoping to buy used palio again sometime soon. I dont know about the service network from Tata Fiat but I think there are many other local repair shops which could cater to the needs which TATA-FIAT ignores.

I hope tata-fiat does not discontinue the palio stile and they bring out the next version of palio to india.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:25   #95
BHPian

Fiat's sob story in India proves the worth of indepth market study/survey by any foreign co. seeking to rake in the moolah in our bad lands, the Final Outpost (as Mr.Waugh famously called us).

Fiat made these obvious mistakes:
1. Misunderstood their target audience psyche - assumed Indians were Italians - hell no!
2. Mistook the target audience's requirements - paisa vasool anyday over flashiness (above point). Fuel guzzlers will eat dust quick time in our country.
3. Wrong engine choices for a nascent auto market.

One other sad story I can think is Opel's. Failure points were similar to the Fiat ones.
Old 10th February 2010, 14:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I still remember the day, 11th Jan, 2005 that I walked into a Fiat dealership to buy the Palio.
Almost similar experience - and the date was around 20th Mar 2005. It was my dream car - and nothing else would do. The dealer was trying to convince me to go in for the Petra - at 5.25 lakh - against the Palio for 4.95 lakh. Didn't listen to him.. - It had to be a Palio! Don't regret the decision - and my faith is reaffirmed whenever other people ride / drive my Palio (driving it, of course, a very very rare occasion!!)

But never regretted the decision - except that peer and family pressure made me opt for Glacier White over Passion Purple - I still skip a beat whenever I see a Purple Palio (BTW, the purple colour looks even more great on the Fiesta and the Accord...)
Attached Thumbnails
Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-palio.jpg  

Last edited by vrprabhu : 10th February 2010 at 14:13.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 14:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Amazing write up as usual Sidindica, and great snaps. You really take us on a trip down memory lane.

Sad to see such a great product being killed by bad marketing and after sales.
Personally, I thought Fiat India paid way too much to Sachin to endorse a car that needed no endorsing in the first place. The management would have done well to focus on improving its after sales.

I still remember the day, 11th Jan, 2005 that I walked into a Fiat dealership to buy the Palio. A lone dust covered Palio, no salesman to explain the features, no test drive possible, no brochures. I wondered if this was the attitude while selling, what would be the after sales. After waiting for 30 mins for a salesman, I walked out and bought a Santro the very next day.

Somedays, I still think, what if I had bought the Palio.....
And when I read the horror stories of *** at Fiat, I thank my stars for the Santro, which by the way is an average product with excellent sales and service.
Commendable effort from our beloved Sid. Thanks a ton Sid for taking the memory lane of 5 years.

I have bought the palio in the same conditions as you mentioned. My buying experience is painful, but I stuck with the car. I love it so much. It has brought down by FIAT's own mistakes and lot of bad publicity from janta. It was never hated by owners. It is always owners pride even today even after having so many hatches around. For me, It is the damn best looking car.

-BSR
Old 10th February 2010, 16:30   #98
BHPian

PALIO, the ROYAL STEED
Attached Thumbnails
Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-1011.jpg  

sanjaymugur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 16:33   #99
Senior - BHPian

isn't this the 1.8R?

Looks hot - It would have been mine if if it ever came to India.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:58   #100
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Palio GTX.
Its stylish lines all converge on one point.
Your heart.

Hatch-ed elegance to the power of 100 horses.
Your eyes are not deceiving you.

While you may not realize it, but every new encounter begins with a moment of eye contact which allows us to gauge whether we are attracted to the newcomer...

Even more remarkable is the fact that the first three seconds are decisive.
So, lets see that first meeting with the GTX again in slow motion.

Second 1: The muscular dual parabola headlights and the new face of Fiat representing 100 years of heritage sparkle at you seductively.

Second 2: Refusing to give way easily, you cast your gaze across the rest of the GTX and are struck by the contrast between the restrained sides and the dynamic curve of the arching roof.

Second 3: You take a step backwards and can hardly believe your eyes. This car is an extraordinarily attractive combination of a practical hatch and a sportscar-a synthesis of sportiness, power, performance and comfort.

Second 4: The GTX has won. You get in.

GTX. The technology of seduction.
Attached Thumbnails
Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-news_2002_10_12.jpg  

Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-news_2002_10_11.jpg  

Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-news_2002_10_10.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 10th February 2010 at 22:02.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 22:22   #101
Senior - BHPian

hilarious advt on new palio

PS: watch only if you have seen Rocky movies ......

PPS: anyone noticed, there is a dino on the roof of the palio pic posted by sanjaymugur .....

Last edited by Rahulkool : 10th February 2010 at 22:28.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2010, 10:04   #102
BHPian

PALIO, another picture....
Attached Thumbnails
Under-rated, hated, and forgotten-the story of the Fiat Palio-102_2.jpg  

sanjaymugur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2010, 10:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

Even I rue the missed chance (PALIO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Fiat Palio GTX.

Its stylish lines all converge on one point.
Your heart.

Hatch-ed elegance to the power of 100 horses.
Your eyes are not deceiving you.

While you may not realize it, but every new encounter begins with a moment of eye contact which allows us to gauge whether we are attracted to the newcomer...

Even more remarkable is the fact that the first three seconds are decisive.
So, lets see that first meeting with the GTX again in slow motion.

Second 1: The muscular dual parabola headlights and the new face of Fiat representing 100 years of heritage sparkle at you seductively.

Second 2: Refusing to give way easily, you cast your gaze across the rest of the GTX and are struck by the contrast between the restrained sides and the dynamic curve of the arching roof.

Second 3: You take a step backwards and can hardly believe your eyes. This car is an extraordinarily attractive combination of a practical hatch and a sportscar-a synthesis of sportiness, power, performance and comfort.

Second 4: The GTX has won. You get in.

GTX. The technology of seduction.
When our family decided to buy the first car in 2003, we had shortlisted Wagon R, Santro Xing & Palio 1.25l.

I was admant on Palio & even had a small test drive of the car at a dealer in Bhikaji Cama Place (New Delhi). My father & brother both were impressed by the sedan like hatchback. However, the dealer informed that the Palio that will be delived to us will be the NV variant, which he admitted would not be fun to drive as the old model.

Dejected, we dropped the plan to go for Palio (even before we could take my mother to see the car), & opted for Santro Xing instead. We are still thankful to our stars that my mother selected Santro over Wagon R (both me & my brother have never been fans of the Maruti product line-up, except Esteem & SX4).

The Santro has been serving our family wonderfully since then, though the crazy driver in me rues the Palio.

Hopefully I could end up buying up Linea (T-jet) in future.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2010, 13:41   #104
Senior - BHPian

really some superb pics guys. really loved these Palio ads. how I wish the Palio NV is still available. FIAT tell us why did you mess up with this great car :'( tell us WHY?

Look at the fantastic color options available! Even today i doubt any of the car manufacturers provide these smashing color in their cars. i think i already scrolled though the photos 10 times.

Thanks again guys for the Palio ad pics!
Old 11th February 2010, 14:15   #105
BHPian

Nice article and nice pics. It truly was a good car and deserved to do better. Its surprising how come the Palio did not make it big in the Indian rally scene!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks