Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 16:21   #1

Indica Vista Quality Survey by TATA R&D Department. Anyone faced this ?

I got a call from a guy today who identified him as part of the R&D team at TATA. He requested me a 15 minute face to face meeting to get my feedback on Vista. Is this usual ? has anyone experienced this ? The request for meeting me in person makes me a little nervous and suspicious. It can be done over the phone too.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:30   #2
BHPian

If the venue of the meeting is a TATA address (corporate office, showroom), then need not worry. If he asks to meet at some hotel and stuff, stay away.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:33   #3

Thanks @ashwinsid. He wants to come down to my home and turned down my offer to meet him in my office (which initally seemed logical since my office is far away from the city). I'll better stay away and get his office address instead.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:48   #4
BHPian

Either you go to his office/showroom or best is that you insist on a telephone call.
You should never let someone who is not trustworthy to come to your home directly.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod-the-pc View Post
turned down my offer to meet him in my office
LOL. If he wants a feedback, then he should get it as per YOUR convenience. You are taking some time out for him and his product. DO not agree for a meeting at your place. Tell him to get this done over the phone /ask him to email the questionnaire.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Aah! Give it a break guys. Ask the person his name and designation and also for his ID. Get that checked with your regional Tata office. It is that simple.

Tatas are known to do this regularly since the early days of Indica. I have myself had a chat once or twice with Tata guys in the past where they asked me all sorts of questions as well as noted down general feedback/complaints as well. They do this exercise often as I understand it in various cities as an exercise towards improving the quality and also to detect any hitherto unnoticed problems with the vehicle that many may be facing on the ground.

Having said all that, you should still run this guys name once from your regional Tata office to confirm that he is not a sham.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:09   #7
BHPian

Send him to me. I will be giving him a nice feedback on the plastic quality and more. where ever he wants.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:29   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Best way to verify his identity : Ask him to drop you an email request from his official tata email address. Good decision in not calling him home though, best to meet strangers at a public place (office, hotel etc.).
Old 15th December 2009, 10:40   #9
BHPian

Would not be a wise idea to invite him home.
Please see if you can request any known BHPians to accompany you - may be of some help.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:51   #10
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Good decision to not call at home.

Office or any other public place should be fine.

An email from official TATA ID should be fine. At times this is not possible if it is an oursourced agency that is doing the survey.

Possibly if Honda, Toyota or Mercedes had made the call we would not be that surprised or reluctant.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

need not worry for this call, TATA motors does this.To confirm this person's identity ask him to drop in a email from their official email address of company, and also you can confirm him through your regional tata office as well.Try to meet him outside and not at your residence address.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yes, as others suggested better to meet him outside
Old 15th December 2009, 16:56   #13

An update, I called him on his mobile number to fix an appointment in his office. His mobile was switched off and he didn't call back as he had earlier promised. He might be from an outsourced agency, but promising something and not keeping it up shows the kind of attitude he has towards his job and does tarnish TATA's brand reputation. Anyway I'm not going to waste my time with him when he decides to call back (which I suspect will never happen).

Most Viewed