Team-BHP - CarWale starts Car Auction Now
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   CarWale starts Car Auction Now (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/71795-carwale-starts-car-auction-now.html)

Carwale, India's leading 2nd hand online car dealer has now started Online Auctions for cars.

Quote:

Used Car Auction
Bid and buy used cars at CarWale Used Car Auction with confidence. Here are top 3 reasons for you to consider these deals before you finalize your used car.
Good Condition Cars: After comprehensive inspection, only very good and excellent condition cars are shortlisted for auction. These cars are well kept and met with basic refurbishment in CarWale's own workshop.
Documentation: The biggest hassle has been the documentation of these cars post auction. CarWale will take care of handing over all necessary documents to you to ensure transfer on your name. We can even assist you, in actually get it done too!
See before you buy: These cars are parked in CarWale’s own secured space and you are welcome to see them. Just connect with an executive @ 022-67398888 and they will help you to schedule an appointment for your visit
CarWale Mumbai Auction, Mumbai
Start Date : Dec 17, 2009 End Date : Dec 19, 2009
Nice idea, waiting for a good car to come up there (Read Laura/Altis) clap:

Easier said than done Ebay has had this for some time which was Bazee before

I don't see this working out too well.

Requires the right number of buyers to be interested in the right kind of car during an online auction, besides requred one to go and check out the car in person.

Carwale is better as a contact point between buyers and sellers.

But how does it work? What if there are people who just bid to drive up the value of the car? Even the owner can do this.

This will absolutely not work in India. Nobody will bid for a car without checking out the condition of the car in person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat (Post 1639911)
This will absolutely not work in India. Nobody will bid for a car without checking out the condition of the car in person.

I am totally agree with your statement. In India, many people who are going to buy a second hand car will first inspect the car personally & then only go to buy a car.
I think it will work on some limited editions...lolz.:uncontrol

Quote:

These cars are parked in CarWale’s own secured space and you are welcome to see them. Just connect with an executive @ 022-67398888 and they will help you to schedule an appointment for your visit
CarWale Mumbai Auction, Mumbai
Start Date : Dec 17, 2009 End Date : Dec 19, 2009
May be Carwale is thinking about starting a city wise CarFair starting with mumbai.

All the cars listed in the auction are repossesed by ICICI bank. Maybe carwale has entered into a tie up with icici bank to auction reposessed vehicles.

Not sure if it would be a good idea to buy a repossesed vehicle even though the documentation seems to be taken care of, by carwale.

Banks even otherwise usually allow only a limited inspection of repossessed vehicles. They usually do online auctions through dedicated vendors also. So maybe it can work on such vehicles.

I don't think i works well in online and most of the 2nd hand car buyer will try to reduce the price and get the car not to bid high and get the car.So it's better to sell without auction.

online business isnt well accepted in indian market that to be for automobiles business.Maybe once they start spreading out on various cities with their branches, it might find some business but only once buyer checks out the car.

I think its just another way of selling Pre-Owned cars, bought, refurbished and sold at higher prices through a website.